• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Gaogaogao said:
certainly a blackbird could be countered by another blackbird?

And CUAV, I liked the way Black Ops had it because Ghost users would get their pussy ass hunted when it goes up and 90% of the time they'd leave the game.

Zinthar

Cutwolf said:
Am I crazy for buying this on 360 despite having the horses to max it out at 60+ fps on PC?

I'm very worried about cheating. If cheating becomes widespread, as I heard it was in mw2 on pc, I'll just stop playing. I don't have to worry about that on the 360.

Nope, you're not crazy... I'm doing the same thing myself despite having a Sandy Bridge i7 & GTX 480 rig (maybe we're both crazy?).

In my mind, it's simply a matter of the PC version of the Call of Duty series always being an afterthought. I happily bought the PC version of BF3, an obvious decision for that game, but every time I try a Call of Duty game on PC starting with MW2 it ends up being wonky, or missing features present in its console counterparts.

depward

divisionbyzorro said:
A number of reasons. Mostly because we just had our first child (a little baby girl!) and I just don't have the free time I used to. Multiplayer games are the first cut right now. I'm still interested in seeing how the game is received, and I might pick it up at some point in the future if it the game turns out to be what I've wanted (the balance of Black Ops with the flow/speed/stability of MW2).
I'm in the same boat. Two day old baby girl. I'm actually considering mw3 a lot simply because if I have a tiny bit of downtime, I can quickly get into a game. Also, if I need to quickly leave, no real penalty for dashboarding (unlike uncharted mp where you leave midgame, you get docked).

Xamdou

Just got a confirmation email that my 360 MW3 hardened edition is ready for pickup tonight at my local Bestbuy midnight launch!

depward said:
I'm in the same boat. Two day old baby girl. I'm actually considering mw3 a lot simply because if I have a tiny bit of downtime, I can quickly get into a game. Also, if I need to quickly leave, no real penalty for dashboarding (unlike uncharted mp where you leave midgame, you get docked).

You say that, but it's super frustrating to turn on the 360, boot the game, find a game, get about five minutes in, and have to change a diaper. Play single-player exclusively unless you've got someone else babysitting and they're willing to give you the time to do it - it's a non-stop wheel of frustration trying to play multiplayer with a baby who needs attention.
But totally worth it, especially if your baby is even half as adorable as mine ;)

Batman AC has been my best friend these days.

Nemic77 said:
You guys should check out MisterFantasmo. He's a pretty funny and chill dude.

Yeah, I like that guy. He's funny in a strange way.

The most underrated YouTube commentator is probably Pyrotoz. He does some of the best live commentaries (in terms of gameplay + commentary) I've ever seen.

Apoc87

Banned
Mikasangelos said:
No it was LIMITED TIME ONLY. If you find one brand new more than likely your gonna pay big bucks for it. Im going to assume $200+

Honestly Hardened edition only adds concept art and a avatar skin. Just buy the game and Elite service and you basically have the core Hardened edition.

So if I buy the basic game ($60) and the elite sub ($50), will I still get all of the map packs for the year? That's the reason I was going to buy the hardened.

Also, if I DO get all map packs with an elite sub, can I wait for a while before buying elite?

AdamMPSP

So anyone go to the Call of Duty XP Event? Any idea if there's a way to track our free copy of the game? I NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY COPY IS ON IT'S JOURNEY TO MY XBOX!

Or I guess I could just wait until tuesday.

depward said:

Two days old and you're on GAF...something tells me your daughter hasn't come home from the hospital yet? Congrats :)

Mengetsu

For anyone in the NYC area. I heard there's suppose to be a Tournament at Gamestop In Downtown Brooklyn tonight is it true? Ill be there at Fulton.

Miggytronz

Apoc87 said:
So if I buy the basic game ($60) and the elite sub ($50), will I still get all of the map packs for the year? That's the reason I was going to buy the hardened.

Also, if I DO get all map packs with an elite sub, can I wait for a while before buying elite?

The map pack is ELITE exclusive, not Hardened. And yes you can wait to buy ELITE, you get it for free anyway, its an app that runs with COD games. Much like Waypoint for Halo games.

Apoc87

Banned
Mikasangelos said:
The map pack is ELITE exclusive, not Hardened. And yes you can wait to buy ELITE, you get it for free anyway, its an app that runs with COD games. Much like Waypoint for Halo games.

Good shit, thanks

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh wow. On YouTube, it will be streamed the London launch event.

divisionbyzorro said:
A number of reasons. Mostly because we just had our first child (a little baby girl!) and I just don't have the free time I used to. Multiplayer games are the first cut right now. I'm still interested in seeing how the game is received, and I might pick it up at some point in the future if it the game turns out to be what I've wanted (the balance of Black Ops with the flow/speed/stability of MW2).

I'm (almost) right there with you. My wife is due any day now and with MW3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc, it looks like my gaming time is about to hit the zero mark. But oh well, I can think of worse reasons for that. :)

Mik2121

Uhm... weird. Elite was working for me until like 20 minutes ago, and now it's back to "disabled". I used to have access to the CAREER page.

Maybe getting it all up for tomorrow? Even though in Australia the game is already on sale..

Mik2121

natedog4000 said:
So if you don't get Elite sub., you can't get the DLC or you just have to wait?
If you don't get the Elite sub, you just buy the DLC like you used to do until now.

However, if you pay Elite you get the DLC that's out there for the time you have Elite. Now, if you get Elite now and become a Founder (or buy the Hardened edition? forgot which one), you get all that DLC for you even after your Elite sub. expires after the first year.

Edit: Damn, I meant to copy all this and paste it on my earlier reply but my hand just moved the mouse to Send by itself...

Miggytronz

natedog4000 said:
So if you don't get Elite sub., you can't get the DLC or you just have to wait?

You can get the DLC but at a higher pay rate than just paying Elite upfront.

You figure each map pack is what 3-4 maps, $15 a map pack. say they release 4 sets of maps within a years time, you just spent $60+. When you could of just got ELITE for $50 and not hassle with payment.

Also as maps are developed i think Elite member get to play them. Correct guys?

Xater

Mikasangelos said:
You can get the DLC but at a higher pay rate than just paying Elite upfront.

You figure each map pack is what 3-4 maps, $15 a map pack. say they release 4 sets of maps within a years time, you just spent $60+. When you could of just got ELITE for $50 and not hassle with payment.

Also as maps are developed i think Elite member get to play them. Correct guys?

I think they want to trickle it out for Elite members on a monthly basis.

AdamMPSP said:
So anyone go to the Call of Duty XP Event? Any idea if there's a way to track our free copy of the game? I NEED TO KNOW WHERE MY COPY IS ON IT'S JOURNEY TO MY XBOX!

Or I guess I could just wait until tuesday.

I was there. I pinged a buddy over at Activision over the weekend and he thinks that most folks will get it today (Tuesday) and tomorrow. Who knows, though, since it's coming from UPS. I guess folks have been calling up UPS and getting the operators to look up their address to see if there were any drop-offs scheduled. So far that's the only way I know of to "track" it.

KoreanBarbecue said:
I'm (almost) right there with you. My wife is due any day now and with MW3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, etc, it looks like my gaming time is about to hit the zero mark. But oh well, I can think of worse reasons for that. :)

Apparently GAF is a baby-making factory right now! :lol

Find bite-sized games to play, or games which can be consumed in small chunks. If there's one lesson I can pass on to new parents who like to game, it's to make sure you don't play any game that you can't pause or make progress in small chunks.

Mik2121

Apoc87 said:
what the fuck is a founder?
Jeez.. you could do some research by yourself or at least ask nicely.

Anyway, a "founder" is someone that subscribes to Elite before the 13th of this month.

divisionbyzorro said:
Apparently GAF is a baby-making factory right now! :lol

Find bite-sized games to play, or games which can be consumed in small chunks. If there's one lesson I can pass on to new parents who like to game, it's to make sure you don't play any game that you can't pause or make progress in small chunks.

Haha, yeah. I'll just be a bit more selective with my gaming for quite a bit of time. Doesn't help that I'm just about to hit my Gamerscore goal for the year, too! Blah!

Apoc87

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Jeez.. you could do some research by yourself or at least ask nicely.

Anyway, a "founder" is someone that subscribes to Elite before the 13th of this month.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. And I am trying to research this stuff but I can't find any constant information between sites.

Just a little pissed that I just HAVE to buy elite before the 13th of this month, or I don't get the map packs for free. At least that's the impression I'm getting.

Thanks for the info.

Mik2121

Mikasangelos said:
is it laggy for anyone else?
You guys can actually see something?

This isn't region locked now, is it? That would absolutely blow...

Apoc87 said:
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. And I am trying to research this stuff but I can't find any constant information between sites.

Just a little pissed that I just HAVE to buy elite before the 13th of this month, or I don't get the map packs for free. At least that's the impression I'm getting.

Thanks for the info.
No no no. If you don't become a Founder, you don't get to KEEP them after your subscription expires, but otherwise if you pay for Elite at any given time, you get the DLC available until your subscription expires.

I'm personally not getting the subscription because I play on a JP account with the US version of the game and that's bound to give me tons of issues. So I will just purchase the DLC like I did with Black Ops :p

Miggytronz

Apoc87 said:

Thanks for the info.

NONONO you can get ELITE when ever. Founder is just a little something extra to tag someone as for getting it before the 13th.

Miggytronz

Mik2121 said:
You guys can actually see something?

This isn't region locked now, is it? That would absolutely blow...

well they had MW3 trailers playing but they were terrible quality and laggy as hell.

To all the other (new and expecting) parents, congrats! I have 4 and 2 year old girls. It was nice to have something to do after being awakened from crying or a diaper at 3am and just go play for a couple minutes. I was fitting things in work and play at all kinds of weird hours and the first month or so anyway.

Now that they're older, they're in bed by 7:00 and their mom by 9, so I have the night to play, read, study for grad school, etc.

Top Bottom