• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

ascully

Syph Medwes said:
Can someone please answer the following questions for me?

1.) How many discs is the 360 version, and if the answer is more than one, can the second be installed to the harddrive?

2.)It's been said that Founder status is for those who sign up before Nov. 13th, is that for Premium COD Elite memberships only?

3.)Are there any pics/vids/info of the camos given to those with Founder status?

1 - One Disc

2 - Yes

3 - Not yet

Prelithe

Well, just now did I get my shipped confirmation email. So to those who are still stuck on "Shipping Soon", have faith, lol.

Victrix said:
Oh what is this shit. twitch.tv is banning MW3 streams until 12am PDT.

Obviously you're pirating the game if own it and exist outside of the Pacific Coast of the United States, because that's the only place in the world where things are real.

soultron

Banned
Fourman said:
Hearing a lot of feedback from people who are playing that MW3 feels like COD4. That makes me very excited.
Only reason I'm buying it. Watching videos of TDM where there wasn't a sensory overload from 235425 simultaneous forms of offensive air support was really nice.

Nizz

God damn at those PS3 pics. :( Anyone here actually have the game and can comment on how it looks in motion? How it runs? Those pics are seriously disappointing...

soultron

Banned
purple cobra said:
God damn at those PS3 pics. :( Anyone here actually have the game and can comment on how it looks in motion? How it runs? Those pics are seriously disappointing...
You probably won't notice when it's in motion. A bunch of PS3 GAFfers said the framerate is more stable than BLOPS PS3, so that's a plus, right?

Card Boy

Banned
Fourman said:
Hearing a lot of feedback from people who are playing that MW3 feels like COD4. That makes me very excited.

Game is amazing, trust me. The guns feel awesome and not like the toy peashooters in Black Ops.

Nizz

soultron said:
You probably won't notice when it's in motion. A bunch of PS3 GAFfers said the framerate is more stable than BLOPS PS3, so that's a plus, right?
Yeah, I personally thought BLOPS was a tragedy on PS3. MW2 was great though. But that was when the core IW group were still there. But the framerate being better than BLOPS is encouraging.

iMike76

Banned
So I stroll into Gamestop at 6 because that's when they started handing out wrist bands with your number in line...there were 81 people before me, 6 hours before it even releases. I'm gonna hate to see the line near midnight.

p.s. I'm from Indianapolis

DRE Fei

Fugu said:
Are shotguns secondaries or primaries in this game?
Primaries normally, but you can make them secondaries with the overkill perk.

Is anyone else having problems with the dewxp site? It says my gamertag isn't even in the system. Everything is messed up right now.

DRE Fei said:
Primaries normally, but you can make them secondaries with the overkill perk.

Is anyone else having problems with the dewxp site? It says my gamertag isn't even in the system. Everything is messed up right now.
Did you already start up MW3 MP once? You need to do that before you can apply time to your account.

Just shipped from Amazon. I really hope they improved the story this time, MW2 set pieces were amazing but story really slipped at the end. I'll likely not get into the multiplayer as much as MW2 though this time around since BF3 is taking up all my MP time.

DRE Fei

darkressurection said:
Did you already start up MW3 MP once? You need to do that before you can apply time to your account.
Yeah, I've played 2 games today. Still not working. Maybe it doesn't work until midnight pst?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
legacyzero said:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE!!
Some people saying it feels like CoD4, others saying it feels like MW2 x10. Impressions are sooo all over the place that it's hard to say, UGH.

Pie Lord

Fourman said:
Hopefully this remains the case several months in.

legacyzero said:
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS TRUE!!
The majority of impressions that I've read so far seem to indicate this. The videos I've watched also point towards the game being more like Modern Warfare than Modern Warfare 2. As others have mentioned though, impressions are varying a bit.

DRE Fei said:
Yeah, I've played 2 games today. Still not working. Maybe it doesn't work until midnight pst?
I remember it saying earlier that it was supposed to star at midnight eastern, so when I saw the system in place I was surprised. I would wait until 12PM EST (3 hours from now) and give it another shot.

Fletcher

You turds. I was going to skip CoD this year as I've been dissapointed with the past two, but all of this talk about it playing like CoD4 has me excited. I'm now about to leave my house to pre-order it.

JB1981 said:
Just played COD4 on PS3 man that game is/was the shit

Yep, gameplay is still largely superior to MW2 and BLOPS. I'll take the relative balance and gameplay over all the killstreak and perks pizazz.

vatstep said:
Some people saying it feels like CoD4, others saying it feels like MW2 x10. Impressions are sooo all over the place that it's hard to say, UGH.
It'd just be best for people to try the game out for themselves to get their own opinion.

Rimfya

Banned
LEGGZZZZ said:
http://games.uk.msn.com/review/mw3

Review score is 9/10, talks about how the game's multiplayer goes back to it's roots, resembling cod4 more than any other title in the series. God I hope it's true.
I bought MW3 today for the same reason I went and saw Transformers 3 - to be part of the problem.

BUT if it's like Cod4? I'll actually be happy.

Teknoman

Gez said:
Game has proximity chat. I could hear the enemy team speaking on their mics when they where near me.

YES! MP with proximity chat is always awesome. Uncharted 3 sorta has this after you kill someone, but not while playing.

soultron

Banned
Teknoman said:
YES! MP with proximity chat is always awesome. Uncharted 3 sorta has this after you kill someone, but not while playing.
I thought proxy chat was only in FFA?

Is party chat restricted like it was in MW2? I kinda liked that.

soultron said:
Pretty bullshit for the people who got it when stores broke street date. Not very fair for people just getting it tonight or tomorrow.
I got it 13 hours ago when the game came out here... Would be pretty shit if my stats got reset.

Man, really want one of the Hardened Editions, but I'm locked in to the Kmart coupon train to buy the game and they have limited stock.

Might linger up there at about 1045 lol.

Top Bottom