• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can 695$ PC outperform PS5 Pro?

kevboard

Xbox controller is hands down the most ideal choice for PC, PS5 second, and Switch Pro being the worst.

in terms of usability, PS5 and Switch pro are equal if you use DS4Windows, which is almost mandatory for both controllers to work properly on PC.
but then again, the Switch Pro has such an awful D-Pad, maybe you're right

Last edited:
in terms of usability, PS5 and Switch pro are equal if you use DS4Windows, which is almost mandatory for both controllers to work properly on PC.
but then again, the Switch Pro has such an awful D-Pad, maybe you're right
Switch Pro doesn't even have analog triggers. A big L in my book. Can't play racers that well.

kevboard

Switch Pro doesn't even have analog triggers. A big L in my book. Can't play racers that well.

true, but for nearly every other genre it can be seen as a bonus.

for racing games however, I'd always go for the Xbox controller for sure. it has by far the smoothest and most precise triggers thanks to a super smooth spring and hall effect tech.

twilo99

Gold Member
Didn't we settle this already?

You can't build one for $700 but for $1000 you certainly can and it will a more capable and future proof machine overall.

Waiting a few months for the new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD would be wise.

Didn't we settle this already?

You can't build one for $700 but for $1000 you certainly can and it will a more capable and future proof machine overall.

Waiting a few months for the new GPUs from Nvidia and AMD would be wise.

The future proof narrative is very false even when pc had major exclusives they were poorly optimized it's always been brute force land now with it mostly getting console ports they are basically slapping it together to let the master race brute force results thst just good enough pc today will be weak sauce in 2 years

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
keep the PC talk outta consoles and the console talk outta PC.
look bay GIF

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
You will wait a long time for the new GPUs to come down in price to less than the pro itself just for the card
He won’t. 5080 and 5090 will be more expensive. 5070 and below will probably be cheaper.

Top Bottom