• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

If anyone else has a spare copy of Uncharted 4 that they'd be willing to let go of for $30 in Toronto, I'm your man. And extremely grateful.

Semi gaming deal related but does anyone expect headphones like the Sennheiser HD 650 to get a discount on Boxing Day? Can anyone recall if that caliber of headphone ever got a discount in the past?

Credit goes to Asuran1 on RFD. He posted part of the Wal-Mart Boxing Day flyer including the gaming deals.

NHL 17 PS4 500GB Hardware Bundle $299.96
PS4 and Xbox One Controllers $49.99 (Xbox black and White ones only)
Mario Kart 7 2DS Hardware $99.96
Xbox One 500GB S Console With Halo and Gears of War $329.96 and receive a $30 Walmart Gift Card

$29.99 Games
Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Call of Duty Black Ops III
Gears of War 4
Doom
Tom Clancy's The Division

$49.99 Games
Watch Dogs 2
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
NHL 17
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Final Fantasy XV
Fifa 17
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack

Definitely gonna nab Gears of War 4 and hell maybe even Xenoverse 2. I'd still recommend Doom for $29.99 because it's an incredible game.

At least this confirms my suspicion that COD IW and Watch Dogs 2 most likely won't drop below $49.99 this Boxing Day

Huh, didn't think we'd see PS4's for less than $300 or new games for $30. But I guess having the same Black Friday prices for a month won't make anyone excited about Boxing Day.

That 2DS price is like $10 off though.

Mayyhem

any deals for dead rising 4 been coming out? i know it might be soon, but i feel like games are getting big discounts sooner and sooner after release date now

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
In for $30 Deus Ex and maybe $50 FFXV

Geez, Final Fantasy XV already at $50?

Are you surprised? Boxing day will be one month after release, when Black Friday was around games like BF1, Xenoverse, Skyrim Remaster, etc that were one month old were on sale even though they sold well. And SE has a good track record of putting their games on sale.

Credit goes to Asuran1 on RFD. He posted part of the Wal-Mart Boxing Day flyer including the gaming deals.

Xbox One 500GB S Console With Halo and Gears of War $329.96 and receive a $30 Walmart Gift Card

$29.99 Games
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Gears of War 4
Doom

$49.99 Games
Watch Dogs 2
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
NHL 17
Dishonored 2
Battlefield 1
Final Fantasy XV
Fifa 17
Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack

Hmm some stuff I'm definitely interested in on here for sure, but I dunno I think I'll probably skip buying any games on boxing day this year. I'm already playing through a few games as it is, and nothing is so cheap that I feel like I'd be a fool not to grab it.

Deadly

Nooo only a sale on the 2DS? I was hoping we'd get another N3DS deal... :(

Grimsen

Not much of a deal on the 2ds. At 80$, it would have fallen into the impulse buy territory for me. Too bad.

Nothing else catching my eye.

Yawnier

Banned

$29.99 Games
Mafia III
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Gears of War 4
Doom
Damn that is a good price for Deus Ex, I'll probably pick it up since I liked Human Revolution

kevin1025

Banned
That Wal-Mart list looks mighty fine. I might go for Deus Ex or Mafia III. I wish I could go for FF XV but the Pro took me out of the running for deals. I hope Titanfall 2 hits around $29.99 on Boxing Day somewhere, the PC version's player count is getting really dire already and I want to switch over to PS4.

Has anybody seen ACNL Welcome amiibo version out anywhere? I have yet to see it in stores and the only place online showing it specifically is Best Buy.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What are the odds that The Last Guardian gets its price knocked down this year? Slim, right?
It's more of a niche title and even big blockbusters aren't selling well this year, getting price cuts almost immediately after launch. So I'd say $20-30 off for Boxing Day is pretty likely.

Just so you know, there is no difference between that version or buying any other copy of New Leaf and updating.

Really? I thought that maybe the update was on the cart. If there's no difference, why change the box art? Bit confusing. I guess it doesn't matter which one I grab then. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Really? I thought that maybe the update was on the cart. If there's no difference, why change the box art? Bit confusing. I guess it doesn't matter which one I grab then. Thanks!

Hmm, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the update IS included and it's probably the reason the re-release exists in the first place.

I think he/she meant there is no difference between "this version" and "original version+update". Except for the fact that you install the update separately of course.

As far as I know the update is in fact on the cart. He's just saying the hassle may not be worth it to track down this elusive version of it when the regular (and currently discounted) version is readily available.

Personally I like having updates on the cart so I'm interested in it too, but it does seem to have mysteriously vanished.

Seeing as I just dived into Lego Dimensions...

What's the sale prices been like for Level Packs? I noticed they're $20 on amazon right now, but have they in the past been any lower?

Hmm, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure the update IS included and it's probably the reason the re-release exists in the first place.

I think he/she meant there is no difference between "this version" and "original version+update". Except for the fact that you install the update separately of course.

I do believe the update is installed on the cart.

Just an FYI, the Amiibo update takes up 2,105 blocks on the 3ds, so again if you can find the original version for a nice discount I wouldn't hesitate.

farisr

It's more of a niche title and even big blockbusters aren't selling well this year, getting price cuts almost immediately after launch. So I'd say $20-30 off for Boxing Day is pretty likely.
The reason the big blockbuster titles get big price cuts so soon after is because stores ordered too much and have inventory to clear out. The Last Guardian being a niche title, means that stores in general ordered less quantities of it (and that's quite apparent when best buy's online listing says "limited quantities available")which means that immediate deep price cuts of 20-30 dollars are actually less likely for it.

Not saying it's impossible. But, just less likely.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The reason the big blockbuster titles get big price cuts so soon after is because stores ordered too much and have inventory to clear out. The Last Guardian being a niche title, means that stores in general ordered less quantities of it (and that's quite apparent when best buy's online listing says "limited quantities available")which means that immediate deep price cuts of 20-30 dollars are actually less likely for it.

Not saying it's impossible. But, just less likely.
1ff19fe44bc6f2f74c6ee7510d104fb3352fe648943791a1eb9ef7df6182993f.jpg

Tensa

Neo Member
Does anyone know if Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ever get any good discounts?

I don't care if it's physical or digital and I'm in no rush, just want to know if there's a point in waiting for it.

As far as I know the update is in fact on the cart. He's just saying the hassle may not be worth it to track down this elusive version of it when the regular (and currently discounted) version is readily available.

Personally I like having updates on the cart so I'm interested in it too, but it does seem to have mysteriously vanished.

Thanks for clarifying. I really appreciate it! I'm gonna have to look around for it. I'm really surprised that it's not easy to find. Seems weird.

joms5

DEAL!!

All single amiibo's are $10 at Walmart locations.

Picked up 8bit Link, Ocarina Link, Mario, Gold Mario, Luigi, Peach and Boo.

Don't know how long this will last. Also had Toys R Us price match. No problem doing it.

Hey guys, looking to get some input from someone more knowledgeable then me, im gonna be buying a new tv any time now and was wondering what my best choice would be. Looking for a 4K TV for use with my Ps4 Pro aswell as my PC, preferably 60" or bigger. Any help would be great

Sora_N

DEAL!!

All single amiibo's are $10 at Walmart locations.

Picked up 8bit Link, Ocarina Link, Mario, Gold Mario, Luigi, Peach and Boo.

Don't know how long this will last. Also had Toys R Us price match. No problem doing it.

I got OoT Link and price adjusted my Rosalina. Pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom