• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

They did the FFXV guide which was really nice. I miss Versusbooks too, wonder what happened to them...

Wait, really?
*look at my guide*
... Well I'll be dammed! I was under the impression this was a Prima guide, lol
Their FFXV one was really good.

And yeah, I miss Versusbooks... I had their Ocarina of Time, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle guides.

RaidenXZ

I will most likely be cancelling the Switch preorder I have with Best Buy, so the week that RE7 came out, I moved all of my EB preorders without issue.

If you do end up wanting to cancel it, wanna help a brotha out? Been trying to get a preorder for someone for a while lol :p

RaidenXZ

Yeah, for sure. What's the best way to go about ensuring that you get it?

Well its an online preorder right? So, if I'm understanding correctly from this thread, when you cancel it, it should appear online I suppose the moment you do? Almost like a restock? So I guess I you would let me know when you do cancel it, like pick a time and do it, and I'll mash F5 in hopes of getting it lol

Otherwise, I'm sure there's some way haha

Well its an online preorder right? So, if I'm understanding correctly from this thread, when you cancel it, it should appear online I suppose the moment you do? Almost like a restock? So I guess I you would let me know when you do cancel it, like pick a time and do it, and I'll mash F5 in hopes of getting it lol

I tried doing that with a Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition pre-order on Amazon for a friend, but it didn't pop up as being in stock when I canceled it, but that's Amazon though, good luck to you both! :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
8fBcTSX.gif
lmao

leeman

Wait, really?
*look at my guide*
... Well I'll be dammed! I was under the impression this was a Prima guide, lol
Their FFXV one was really good.

And yeah, I miss Versusbooks... I had their Ocarina of Time, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle guides.

I have their Final Fantasy VII guide and it is quite easily the guide I have used the most ever. The poor thing is pretty beat up since it has gone to use so many times, but I still love it :)

Lexxism

Yeah, for sure. What's the best way to go about ensuring that you get it?

If you do end up wanting to cancel it, wanna help a brotha out? Been trying to get a preorder for someone for a while lol :p

I don't think it will work that way on Amazon.

Kyolux

That Zelda hardcover guide is so tempting for my collection. But I want to go through that game completely blind and I'll be too tempted if I buy it to use it. What to do?

daftstar

Not sure if this was posted already but if you guys are interested in The Last Guardian or any game $50 or over at The Source you should check out this promo:

671x759_smart_fit.jpg

Saw the deal at RFD and decided to give it a shot. Didn't even sign up for the email, just showed the promo pic. Got TLG for $29.

Magnus

Basically a NEW DEAL

EB's giving 50% extra trade credit this weekend for Platinum Edge members. RE7 gets $40 as is. So $60 non taxable credit! (Like $68 total)

That's fucking awesome.

Magnus

I have their Final Fantasy VII guide and it is quite easily the guide I have used the most ever. The poor thing is pretty beat up since it has gone to use so many times, but I still love it :)

A friend borrowed this from me back in '97 and I never saw it again. I'd pay a high price to get it again, purely because it's bugged me all these years.

guess I'm saying goodbye to FFXV

Yeah! I mean, it isn't as ridiculous as the 2x trade value toward the Switch HW/games but it's damned good.

keakster

That Zelda hardcover guide is so tempting for my collection. But I want to go through that game completely blind and I'll be too tempted if I buy it to use it. What to do?

I am tempted to get the guide to go on the shelf with Hyrule Historia and Art & Artifacts but also grab a soft cover to actually use after I'm done the main quest and I start on getting that 100%

I much prefer using the soft cover guides when I'm sitting on the couch, also don't feel bad about making my own notes in them. The end game guide I have for Pokemon Diamond was so beat up it looked like a relic, which I loved

Cynar

I'm sitting on almost $300 worth of optimum points. Can I only redeem the max amount at a time which is $170(or$200 on redemption days?)

Sora_N

Not sure if this was posted already but if you guys are interested in The Last Guardian or any game $50 or over at The Source you should check out this promo:

671x759_smart_fit.jpg

Saw the deal at RFD and decided to give it a shot. Didn't even sign up for the email, just showed the promo pic. Got TLG for $29.

Guess I'm buying TLG if it works

iphys

I'm sitting on almost $300 worth of optimum points. Can I only redeem the max amount at a time which is $170(or$200 on redemption days?)

You can do two redemptions per day, but they have to be on separate transactions. BTW, the bonus redemptions are bonus points back now rather than bonus $, which works out to a better deal the way they calculate it, but don't get fooled by the way they advertise that you'll be getting a $200 redemption.

i-Jest

671x759_smart_fit.jpg

Does this work with pre-orders if you do it online?

EDIT: now might be a good time to get Pokken and Kirby Robobot.

daftstar

Does this work with pre-orders if you do it online?

EDIT: now might be a good time to get Pokken and Kirby Robobot.

In-store only. Don't think it works on pre-orders either.

No TLG at my Source. I might go out tomorrow too so I'll check another store. Don't really care if I can't find it tho

You can always check if it's available in-store from online. Although I don't know if it's totally reliable.

http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/gaming/ps4/ps4-games/the-last-guardian-for-ps4™/p/108052801

Have Switch game pre orders started selling out at EB yet? I want to cancel my Amazon order and switch my Isaac pre order to Zelda, but EB is a trek and a half and they never answer their phone...

etta

my hard graphic balls
Why is it that some games on PS4 don't have that background artwork when selected? Ratchet and Clank and Modern Warfare, more specifically.

Cactus

Banned
Ah crap, I just bought Last Guardian a week ago.

I'm guessing Best Buy wouldn't accept a sealed copy I buy from Source as a return? Would that be fraud?

X-Factor

I didn't even notice that pressing down on the D-pad shows artwork in the additional info:

Just a quick check through some of the games on one of my PS4s, around 20% of games do not have artwork when you press down on the d-pad.

This includes Skyrim Legendary, Diablo III UEE, Ratchet, MW remastered, Bloodborne, Dragon Quest heroes, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and a lot of digital games.
Whoever developed those games probably forgot to include one.

No, when you click down on the DPAD to get more info on the game.

kevin1025

Banned
Why is it that some games on PS4 don't have that background artwork when selected? Ratchet and Clank and Modern Warfare, more specifically.

It's like on PS3, sadly, some games have it and some don't. I love when a game has it, and plays some of the soundtrack as well, it makes it feel more special, haha.

Luigi87

Price is INSANE. But it's finally up on amazon.ca for $200. Even after Prime and taxes it still comes to $180. That's nuts.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MR8JLZ1/

[.IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81FXojv2mXL._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]

I look at that statue and think... It's gonna have serious balancing issues.

Edit: Also I'm beginning to wonder if the reason we don't see a lot of "Release date delivery" on Nintendo games is due to their Friday releases.
Just pre-ordered NieR Automata, and that surprisingly gave me Prime release date delivery.

I look at that statue and think... It's gonna have serious balancing issues.

Yeah agreed. I'm not sure how that'll hold up. I can't find any info on what medium they're using. If it's vinyl or plastic...it's going to sag over time. My Ryu figure from SFV continues to lean forward and then topples over and he's nearly standing straight up and down. Only a slight lean forward.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I didn't even notice that pressing down on the D-pad shows artwork in the additional info:

Just a quick check through some of the games on one of my PS4s, around 20% of games do not have artwork when you press down on the d-pad.

This includes Skyrim Legendary, Diablo III UEE, Ratchet, MW remastered, Bloodborne, Dragon Quest heroes, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and a lot of digital games.
Whoever developed those games probably forgot to include one.

It's like on PS3, sadly, some games have it and some don't. I love when a game has it, and plays some of the soundtrack as well, it makes it feel more special, haha.

Oh, so it's a normal thing.
Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom