• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

So I bought shoes from Asics Canada's website and for some reason they don't fit (they are the right size on paper).

I asked for an RMA and got it approved but I just realized that I have to pay the shipping back... This sucks... Don't online stores normally give you something like a prepaid Canada Post sticker when you have to do RMA?

Also I'm not sure in what I'm gonna ship the shoe box. The original packaging was some kind of shrink wrapped plastic and it's ripped out now.

Not a lot of places are willing to cover shipping back, its out of your own pocket unfortunately. And it looks like you'll just have to put the box in another box; I don't remember if CP sells that nice grey/dark grey type of plastic to wrap the box in.

edit - yup, XV not delivered.

RealSports is aiming to get all orders out by the 19th, so I may not get my jersey until Christmas. (This info should help the other poster who bought one)

Ah well

Vinc

Welp, Canada Post finally updated, and just says electronic info submitted by shipper today. Anyone know if the shipments from future shop come with a physical copy of the receipt? I can't see mine online as I can't see the order.

antibolo

Banned
Screwed by Intelcom again. It's past 5pm and the incompetent fuckers haven't delivered it to my workplace yet.

I'm so tired of this shit.

UPS has updated my tracking for my Xbox One S. Now apparently severe weather in Richmond, BC is delaying things and not civil unrest. Fun times! I suppose it could be fog... I dunno though. I was hoping it had stayed at civil unrest so I could call them and ask what the heck that means.

leeman

If one pre-ordered at EB you got A King's Tale downloadable game.

Is it downloadable on the PS4? Will it be available eventually for everyone? The soundtrack to it is free @ Gamestop.com and it's incredible. Makes me want to play the game...

If one pre-ordered at EB you got A King's Tale downloadable game.

Ah, okay. Thought so.

I called to see if they had any extras, but nobody picked up. Must be nuts there.

If they do, maybe I'll just go buy it. Looks like I'm looking at full price either way. Maybe I can sell it for $50 down the road.

Mupod

amazon.ca: shit, we accidentally shipped a game on time for a non-prime customer, how can we make sure they get the game late
canada post: I got u fam

MesH

I am not sure why intelecom gets so much hate, maybe it is because I have had the same driver, but he is always pleasant, I live in an apartment with no buzzer ( buzzer works from landline, who uses a landline anymore) so he calls my cell, which I prefer. I have prime and haven't had anything come in late using intelecom, and they deliver later in the day when I am home from work.

Also Just got Final Fantasy XV through Amazon, I paid 36.72. So stoked when I saw this.

Also don't know if I am having better luck, but I have called Amazon to change 4 pre-orders to free prime shipping and haven't had a single issue with it being done, now bring on Amazon Prime Video, and hope we get a Xbox, Ps4 app for it soon.

My copy of FF XV has been out for delivery all day at this point.. I'm waiting so impatiently like the rest of you guys. Maybe they're having a really busy day post-cyber monday.

Velkyn

Bought 1 UCE on the SE store in March. It shipped on November 21st, but the USPS tracking number I was given has no estimated date of delivery and it seems to have stalled 4 days ago at "Departed - MONTREAL, CANADA". CP has the tracking number in their system but has no updates for me beyond the fact that the number exists, and USPS has no updates for me at all.

Completely pissed off and done with this whole process right now.

Canon

Banned
HD 598 C's AMAZON UPDATE AND REVIEW
Shit arrived damaged of course, along with my Pokemon guide with dents in same box. Foam earpads are crushed in a little bit, so this shit has to go back probably. Pain in the fucking ass.

Sound quality is really not that good. I have the original 598, the Bose AE 2, and Sony SRS-X88 speakers (also Denon AVR-1312 sound system). These are on par (maybe a little worse, maybe a little better) than the Bose AE 2, but not as comfortable by any means. Not worth a penny more than $100... and I paid $109. I paid $99 for my Bose on sale and they're more comfortable and feel 50% lighter (I don't know the exact weight).

Might complain about damage and see if they drop the price further.

leeman

200$ for a bunch cheap items. Ouch.

I'm a sucker for collector's editions, what can I say? $159.99 with prime? I'm mostly interested at this point simply because Amazon cancelled my original order, was radio silent (along with Bandai Namco) about why, and suddenly it pops up for sale again??

N° 2048

29/11/2016 7:00 Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.

Come on...

It's fucking crazy how many people are having these freak issues with FFXV. Mine came unusually early and one guys had "civil unrest" as a delay and now this :S

RS4-

HD 598 C's AMAZON UPDATE AND REVIEW
Shit arrived damaged of course, along with my Pokemon guide with dents in same box. Foam earpads are crushed in a little bit, so this shit has to go back probably. Pain in the fucking ass.

Sound quality is really not that good. I have the original 598, the Bose AE 2, and Sony SRS-X88 speakers (also Denon AVR-1312 sound system). These are on par (maybe a little worse, maybe a little better) than the Bose AE 2, but not as comfortable by any means. Not worth a penny more than $100... and I paid $109. I paid $99 for my Bose on sale and they're more comfortable and feel 50% lighter (I don't know the exact weight).

Might complain about damage and see if they drop the price further.

SHP9500!

chrono01

I'm a sucker for collector's editions, what can I say? $159.99 with prime? I'm mostly interested at this point simply because Amazon cancelled my original order, was radio silent (along with Bandai Namco) about why, and suddenly it pops up for sale again??
From what I've been reading, the cancellations were made automatically to everyone that pre-ordered, since Amazon.ca couldn't contact the distributor for the CE in Canada. Apparently, it's common practice for the website to cancel all pre-orders without any action from Amazon themselves, once a specified time passes without reply back from the distributor for that specific item, which is what happened in this case. The mention that it "wasn't available" was just automated, and didn't really mean anything. That's the standard comment made, when Amazon.ca can't get in touch for the distributor for the ordered item. They really should have sent an email first to everyone that pre-ordered and had theirs cancelled, though. They could have easily done that, as well as given them a private link, so they could re-order the CE before the general public could.

As for the price, it's why I signed up for Prime for a year. I figured with the SE for Persona 5, The Last Guardian, and Tales of Berseria, the money saved on all of them basically paid for the cost of an entire year of Prime (not to mention, the other titles I'm saving money on). It's not a bad deal, if you look at it that way.

Welp, my 4k TV wasn't on the truck it was suppose to be on today, and Canada Post has called me and considers it lost, and will spend 5 days investigating. Someone may have lifted it I guess?

I feel like my money is going to be in limbo for a while. Sigh. At least FFXV arrived on time.

leeman

From what I've been reading, the cancellations were made automatically to everyone that pre-ordered, since Amazon.ca couldn't contact the distributor for the CE in Canada. Apparently, it's common practice for the website to cancel all pre-orders without any action from Amazon themselves, once a specified time passes without reply back from the distributor for that specific item, which is what happened in this case. The mention that it "wasn't available" was just automated, and didn't really mean anything. That's the standard comment made, when Amazon.ca can't get in touch for the distributor for the ordered item. They really should have sent an email first to everyone that pre-ordered and had theirs cancelled, though. They could have easily done that, as well as given them a private link, so they could re-order the CE before the general public could.

As for the price, it's why I signed up for Prime for a year. I figured with the SE for Persona 5, The Last Guardian, and Tales of Berseria, the money saved on all of them basically paid for the cost of an entire year of Prime (not to mention, the other titles I'm saving money on). It's not a bad deal, if you look at it that way.

Huh, thanks for the response, that actually makes sense. Also sort of answers why Bandai Namco wasn't answering :).

Either way I am just happy it's still coming. Prime helps out in cases like this BIG time. Between this, Persona 5, and The Last Guardian CE, my Prime has already paid itself off for 2017...

Sylwest

Tales of Berseria CE is back up on Amazon for those of you who are still interested. I ordered it but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are since they already cancelled my first order...

Edit: Sorry, I missed the posts above.

Vinc

No package from Canada Post, so I guess it wasn't poor tracking issues, but the fact that FS/BB just hadn't shipped it at all until just now. What a mess. At least I have a digital copy, but it's still downloading.

Lexxism

Amazing. I don't know what's with FFXV but the item is still in transit to post office. Usually it will arrive by noon. My goodness.

200$ for a bunch cheap items. Ouch.

Yeah, that's a ripoff.

I stopped even considering Collector's Editions years ago, because most are filled with poorly produced, dust collecting crap. And stores usually don't sell out of them, so they go on clearance eventually.

Even then, I don't care.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Shipping & Discussion 9: Where's my damn package, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom