• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

South Park always delilvers. Last game Futureshop upgraded my preorder to the Grand Wizzard edition for free with my $40 preorder.

This time I get it for $35.

I love you South Park!

I feel you, but in my case it's a snapback from Jinx and the last tracking update was on Nov 18. Couldn't imagine the feeling of having a 4K TV get lost like that. Hope it works out for you.

Canada Post told me the other day after I escalated it that someone messed up on the tracking scan and it is on a truck that should arrive in Toronto today. I hope he wasn't BSing and that's actually true. It's kinda my last hope of it not actually being lost.

Sealtest

Did Nintendo stop production of WII U games already? I'm finding it impossible to find a mario and sonic at the rio olympics games.

antibolo

Banned
Did Nintendo stop production of WII U games already? I'm finding it impossible to find a mario and sonic at the rio olympics games.

It's probably out of print at this point.

Also it's a Sega-published game, not Nintendo (Sega owns the license for making Olympic Games video games).

Clive

It's probably out of print at this point.

Also it's a Sega-published game, not Nintendo (Sega owns the license for making Olympic Games video games).

It's Nintendo-published and was released five months ago. It would be incredibly strange to me if it wasn't reprinted.

It's unavailable right now though, unless you don't mind importing games for your region locked console or pay insane prices.

firelogic

LOL, I just checked my tracking number on Canada Posts website (which according to Amazon left their facility at 7pm last night) and it's not even in their system.

I don't understand how that much time can pass without the package being entered into the Canada Post system. It's just floating out in the ether somewhere or sitting in a ditch.

RS4-

Geeeeeeze! I've been waiting for BB customer support for over 30 min. 5 min wait time my ass.

Yeah it's fucked up, get a hold of them on twitter or email. I tried waiting an hour over 2-3 calls and I ended up getting a response from them via the other two methods.

Maybe there should be a spinoff thread for shipping talk since at this point, there's more of it than there was amiibo talk when it was popular.

Well my FFV UCE arrived but I got slapped with customs. I ordered 2 so it was 106 dollars.
Combine that with the crappy dollar and it means I spent close to 1 grand on this whole thing. I dont think I'll be ordering anything from the square enix store in the near future.

RS4-

Well my FFV UCE arrived but I got slapped with customs. I ordered 2 so it was 106 dollars.
Combine that with the crappy dollar and it means I spent close to 1 grand on this whole thing. I dont think I'll be ordering anything from the square enix store in the near future.

...jesus fuck.

killroy87

Maybe there should be a spinoff thread for shipping talk since at this point, there's more of it than there was amiibo talk when it was popular.

It's not bad until a massive game releases. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are over anyway, we have a couple weeks until deals come back.

Nothing will ever be worse than peak Amiibo talk. Ever.

BadWolf

Damn, that's awful.

They stop shipping games all the time. Once that happens it can become hell to find Nintendo games at anywhere near reasonable prices. This happens on 3DS too.

Ventara

Yeah it's fucked up, get a hold of them on twitter or email. I tried waiting an hour over 2-3 calls and I ended up getting a response from them via the other two methods.

What's their email? I just need to update the expiry date fro my credit card for an order.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

For real amiibo talk wasnt tolerated because it dominated discussions but shipping talk all day is fine.

Sorry guys but your Canada Post shipping status is useless to everyone else whereas amiibo availability was at least semi useful.

tiijj

How easy is it to return a package to amazon? I haven't returned any, do you need to pay the return shipping?

If not anyone in toronto wants ff15 for $40? lol

Lexxism

1 grand for 2 CE. Amazing

Damn it, Ventara :p

How easy is it to return a package to amazon? I haven't returned any, do you need to pay the return shipping?

I'd jump at that, but I doubt we'd be able to meet. I really want the game, but $90 is too much.

krae_man

Geeeeeeze! I've been waiting for BB customer support for over 30 min. 5 min wait time my ass.

Happened to me on Saturday. I then got a rep who couldn't understand "I would like to update the exp on my credit card".

Gave up and waited 30 minutes again to get a rep who knew what they are doing.

RS4-

What's their email? I just need to update the expiry date fro my credit card for an order.

customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca
twelp@bestbuycanada.ca - twitter one.

I don't know if they'll do anything CC related over email though, as that might be a security thing. I suppose you could tell them to call you.

They'll email you a return label, but it's a tossup on whether or not you pay to send it back; sort of depends on the reason you give them.

And I'd grab XV from you if I wasn't already waiting for mine lol.

antibolo

Banned

Nobody would bother going to a "shipping-only" thread. People vent about it here because it's the only place that's guaranteed to be only populated with fellow Canadians whom they can share their pain with. Just like how it's also about venting about our shitty currency.

Amiibos were a tangible topic so it made sense to spin it out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Id be down for that.

tiijj pls

Stopdoor

Took a look at online postings for this, no kidding. Sochi at least dropped off in price by a bit, but this one is looking like it'll be the "Mario Sports Mix" of the Wii U.

RiskyGambit

Neo Member
Future Shop standard edition just showed. Still waiting for Canada Post's website to finally work to see where my Best Buy limited edition copy is.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
More shipping talk. Had a bizarre live chat with Amazon.ca that lasted a whopping 46 minutes.

Apparently because I changed my phone number associated with my shipping address some time ago, it deactivated the shipping address for my open orders (ie. FFXV game and guide). Thus if I hadn't talked to a rep today, my orders would've been perpetually stuck in "preparing for shipment" despite my credit card being charged and receiving the DLC codes via email this morning.

I don't understand how this happened, given I never once touched or edited my pre-orders. Never got a prompt saying, updating X affects said order. But now things are updated to "not yet shipped" and are supposed to be shipping tomorrow with maybe expedited.

The worst, sorry to hear this.

krae_man

Wow the value of those tanked. Did Square make more?

BadHand

....thats horrible.

I would have just refused delivery.

Leeness

Canada Post just showed up, no FFXV.
Checked the Tracking:
syuLp.png

I'm guessing it's not happening today (Amazon)

This is what my tracking looks like right now as well, and that it "left shipment facility" on Amazon.

If anyone cares, Amazon re-refunded my shipping costs (most of them...still paying for one, but fuck it I just don't care anymore) and shipped the game today so...that's all well and good now at least.

Megasoum

Banned
So I bought shoes from Asics Canada's website and for some reason they don't fit (they are the right size on paper).

I asked for an RMA and got it approved but I just realized that I have to pay the shipping back... This sucks... Don't online stores normally give you something like a prepaid Canada Post sticker when you have to do RMA?

Also I'm not sure in what I'm gonna ship the shoe box. The original packaging was some kind of shrink wrapped plastic and it's ripped out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom