• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Fimbulvetr said:
The hell are you talking about? The game is getting a lot of love.

And beyond the framerate and camera you've got:

-Titan Battles

-some hand holdy inconsistent platforming

-some badly designed enemies

-invisible walls getting in the way

-controls becoming unresponsive here and there
Don't forget the Spider-Man 3-level implementation of QTEs.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Fimbulvetr said:
The hell are you talking about? The game is getting a lot of love.

And beyond the framerate and camera you've got:

-Titan Battles

Which is all true. But as I've stated before... game is awesome and my surprise of the year. If you have an open mind... you know, this is not the same CV you've been playing for over a decade (SOTN forward). it NEEDED a change. Those criticizicing it I am sure would be playing an 8 bit game in this age. Things change, get used to it. I think it was for the better. There are some idiotic decisions and amateur problems but you gotta give MercurySteam props.

Relix said:
Which is all true. But as I've stated before... game is awesome and my surprise of the year. If you have an open mind... you know, this is not the same CV you've been playing for over a decade (SOTN forward). it NEEDED a change. Those criticizicing it I am sure would be playing an 8 bit game in this age. Things change, get used to it. I think it was for the better. There are some idiotic decisions and amateur problems but you gotta give MercurySteam props.
Oh well if you like it, Relix, then that must mean my not liking it is some kind of defective behaviour. I'll just go ram my head into a brick wall until my opinions match yours exactly on everything.

Relix said:

I actually like the game mind you, but this stuff is pretty blatant.

And I'm not even one of "doesn't feel like Castlevania" or "Bayonetta raised my standard for action games" people.

My biggest complaint is the camera. Although, I agree with some of the other criticism, none of it stopped me from ultimately enjoying the game. Is it a 10/10? No, but it is still is on my top 5 GOTY list.

CaptYamato said:
My biggest complaint is the camera. Although, I agree with some of the other criticism, none of it stopped me from ultimately enjoying the game. Is it a 10/10? No, but it is still is on my top 5 GOTY list.
I think there's a ton to love in the game. I certainly can understand why anyone would love it. It's part of why it's such a heartbreaker for me, even. I love a lot of it, it's just that the "thousands of paper cuts" make it something I don't want to play, even though I want to play it. Y'know?

nelsonroyale said:
Yeah, not seeing how this game has Uncharted 2 level graphics...it does look stunning, and the art is great...but technically it has quite a lot of problems...U2 has few if any
I never said it was technically great. The frame rate has issues at places (mostly in cutscenes though).

MightyHedgehog said:
Or...the gameplay in Lords of Shadow doesn't feel like or remind me of any Castlevania I've ever played...not even any of the 3D ones released for N64, PS2 and XBOX.
Do you want it to remind you of the 3D ones? They were awful.

Fimbulvetr said:
-Titan Battles

The titan battles aren't anything worse than SOTC from what I've seen. But I loved SOTC.

In terms of the "hand holdy" stuff, I'm almost certain Kojima productions was involved in putting those help prompts on the screen and the flashy ledges as well so that it was clear to see where you need to go. That being said I believe you can turn some of that stuff off in the options. And the platforming isn't anything different than what you've seen in Uncharted, Enslaved, Prince of Persia, God of War, etc.

Badly designed Enemies? Visually? or AI? I'm loving the actual combat against the enemies. In terms of the visual design, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Invisible walls getting in the way? They block parts off where theres nowhere to go, I haven't been hitting any invisible walls in any important paths though.

Haven't had problems with the controls other than perhaps the timing of the synchronized blocks window being like 2 frames earlier than I'd like it to be.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I think there's a ton to love in the game. I certainly can understand why anyone would love it. It's part of why it's such a heartbreaker for me, even. I love a lot of it, it's just that the "thousands of paper cuts" make it something I don't want to play, even though I want to play it. Y'know?
Completely understand that.

Canova

Banned
TGO said:
@canova
Gamesradar said it has the best dynamic camera they've seen in a game, combat is also fluid & very deep & platforming thats as good as Uncharted, if not better.
Maybe the problem is something other then the game, hence why some don't have a problem & some do?

if you've played, you know those are exaggerations. Dynamic camera?!?!? For the majority of the game, the camera is fixed. The combat is outdated, heck DMC1 has a better combat mechanic than this, and that's 10 years ago

canova said:
if you've played, you know those are exaggerations. Dynamic camera?!?!? For the majority of the game, the camera is fixed. The combat is outdated, heck DMC1 has a better combat mechanic than this, and that's 10 years ago
When they say dynamic camera, I don't think they mean that you can move the camera. What they mean is that the camera isn't always in a fixed position (as in a certain distance from Gabriel at all times). In open areas it zooms out to give you a nice view of the environment. Against titans it gets really down low so you get a great sense of scale similar to SOTC. When you're platforming in certain places it makes the environment look like its a 2D ala Shadow Complex and harkens back to classic Castlevania, etc. I don't see how the combat is any more dated than something like Arkham Asylum. In fact I'd say this system has more depth than that.

infinityBCRT said:
1) The titan battles aren't anything worse than SOTC from what I've seen. But I loved SOTC.

2)In terms of the "hand holdy" stuff, I'm almost certain Kojima productions was involved in putting those help prompts on the screen and the flashy ledges as well so that it was clear to see where you need to go. That being said I believe you can turn some of that stuff off in the options. And the platforming isn't anything different than what you've seen in Uncharted, Enslaved, Prince of Persia, God of War, etc.

4)Badly designed Enemies? Visually? or AI? I'm loving the actual combat against the enemies. In terms of the visual design, I don't have a strong opinion either way.

4)Invisible walls getting in the way? They block parts off where theres nowhere to go, I haven't been hitting any invisible walls in any important paths though.

5)Haven't had problems with the controls other than perhaps the timing of the synchronized blocks window being like 2 frames earlier than I'd like it to be.

1) Half the fun of SotC was finding out how to get on the things in the first place. In LoS it's spelled out for you. Once you're on a Titan in LoS you go through the same boring sequence. In SotC if you fight a Colossi with multiple weakpoints you can tackle those weakpoints in any order you choose; not to mention using the game's physics to help you beat a Colossus more efficiently.

2)Yeah, but I don't care for Uncharted's "platforming", bringing up other games doesn't make this case okay. Plus PoP at least has some timing and precision based spins to the platforming. Then there's the bullshit in LoS where you fall onto a platform but die anyway because the game doesn't want you to go there yet.

3) In terms of their relation to combat, obviously. Heavy attacks that are as fast as light attacks? attacks from off screen? Enemies hitting you before they should logically be able to? Then there's the earlier chapters(up until 4 i mean, 1/3 of the entire game) where small enemies became utterly superfluous if you had the long range grab skill, which let you one-shot them.

4) It's mostly an aesthetic problem at first; like the insurmountable logs in some games where you character can jump 7 feet in the air. Is that an optional path over there? *walk walk walk* on no it's just an invisible wall. But later in the game it actually starts to interfere with gameplay. You're telling me the only reason that attack hit me is because I can't dodgeroll over an absurdly tiny patch of snow? Who the hell puts item containers behind an invisible wall where I can't get to them?

5) I've encountered times were Gabriel won't act on cue, will execute a command literally seconds after I've input it. Then there's stuff like doing a palm thrust thingy when I was trying to attack(I know for a fact I let go of the block button).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Segata Sanshiro said:
Oh well if you like it, Relix, then that must mean my not liking it is some kind of defective behaviour. I'll just go ram my head into a brick wall until my opinions match yours exactly on everything.

Didn't mean it to sound that way =P.

Relix said:
Didn't mean it to sound that way =P.
When you say things like "get over it", "get used to it", "if you have an open mind", you're implying all kinds of things about people criticizing the game.

It would be like, hypothetically, if I called people defective for not noticing framerate problems. That would be a very rude and antagonistic thing to say, would it not? Luckily, no one would ever do anything like that.

RavenFox

Banned
Finished it. What a ride and what a crazy ending. Do not read if you did not finish it
Damn you satan and your unholy rings of light and dark I had to walk through.

RavenFox said:
Finished it. What a ride and what a crazy ending. Do not read if you did not finish it
Damn you satan and your unholy rings of light and dark I had to walk through.
Had no problems with that.

Are there any other costumes besides the lame snake costume?
Segata Sanshiro said:
Lords of Shadows is a really deep disappointment for me. Because I really did think I was wrong about being so down about it, and I really did start to love it, but ultimately, it's just not (for me) a terribly good game on the whole. It's all a bunch of little shit, though, so I will be... watching the next one, at least. And probably with a fairer eye than I treated this one pre-release. As I said, I think these guys *can* make a AAA game now.
Pass it on to me, getting Vanquish and Castlevania this month is way too rich for my blood and I'm dying to play it; you would be doing a good thing.

GPsych

Segata Sanshiro said:

This. Although I DO think LoS feels like a Castlevania game, I agree with everything else Segata has written. I think "heartbreaker" really is an apt description for what's wrong with the game. It has so many great aspects that you want it to be this amazing game. Unfortunately, the large number of little problems prevents the game from coming together and thus it fails. In many ways, it would have been better if it was just a bad game as then it wouldn't facilitate any kind of emotional response outside of "meh." In this case, though, we have a game that's a '6' that could have been a '9' which is all the more frustrating.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
john tv said:
That's one thing this game doesn't have in its favor -- pretty much everything in it is derivative (even the music -- sounds like the dude listened to Halo and Shadow of the Colossus and then made a mix tape). Best thing going for it is its graphics (beautiful art everywhere) and animation, and the combat (though combat has a lot of problems too, but Gabriel at least controls well and is versatile). Lots of big, gaping design issues tho, disappointing story (IMO), and failure to ever really capture anything that made Castlevania great hold it back.

I've had a night to sleep on it, and I think in the end my EGM score would've been a 7.5, not an 8.0. :)

I'm thinking it's a 7/10 right now. Up to Chapter 5 or 6 I think.

Can't stand the lack of polish. Even on timer-based trials, the timer COUNTS DOWN DURING CUT SCENES. So fucking shit.

Otherwise, with the increase in powers, combat is way more fun and the environment / level design is way less annoying. So much varied quality in the game. I loved Chapter 4 for example. First environment where my curiosity for trying to grab off-path things that looked like ledges got rewarded.

The sheer amount and flavor of design issues in this game give me very little faith Mercury Steam are good enough to carry the series without outsourcing the game design to a more appropriate studio (so far). Sadly, not many of those studios exist.

Maybe Konami should just buy them for their production quality and inject some of their design methodologies into the studio.

Prime crotch said:
Are there any other costumes besides the lame snake costume?

Pass it on to me, getting Vanquish and Castlevania this month is way too rich for my blood and I'm dying to play it; you would be doing a good thing.
Ehn, I paid a hundred bucks for it. As much as I'd love to just hand it on over to someone who would enjoy it more than I did, and I *do* like you, I don't like you that much, Crotchy.

I'm on chapter X and enjoying it so far. I dropped down from medium difficulty as once in a while I hit a battle where I'd get creamed 12x in a row. Fun factor plummeted.

Biggest problem I have is the method of storytelling. Its been mentioned here before, but you don't tell a story by having Patrick Stewart narrate his journal logs about someone else. Could they have come up with something more distancing from the main character?

At the end of each chapter I keep getting told how Gabriel is
descending into madness
, and that he can't sleep, and his
mind is about to break
--and yet in every cut scene he seems A-OK to me. At least in SOTC my character visibly became
a shell of himself
. I don't see any change to Gabriel's character model at all. Or his demeanor.

For a guy who has apparently
lost his faith in everything and about to snap
, I would never have guessed it if not for Stewart telling me so--in his best "I'm performing on stage" voice.

Segata Sanshiro said:

I certainly acknowledge the game's problems, but I find that most of the issues are easy to get around, framerate aside. I'll try to explain, so bear with me.

1. Titan battles
Yes, the first time doing these can be somewhat of an excruciating experience. I was even annoyed the first time I did them because the game isn't extremely clear about what you should do. However, after doing them a couple of times and memorizing what to do, for me it considerably cut the frustration level down. There are a few parts that are dumb, like when the Ice Titan tries to smack you while on one of its arms. I don't know how many times I failed to dodge that and even still I can't quite figure out.

Mostly everything else though, once you nail down the pattern, is incredibly simplistic. Especially when you're doing the timed trials for them, which requires you to take them down flawlessly without any screwups. So yes, the frustration is there, but the more you do it, the easier it is. After I conditioned myself to the encounters, I don't have any issues with them at all, save for those few airheaded moments.

Titan's Graveyard
This one is harder to defend because of the horrendous camera placement. You'll find yourself falling into the poisonous waters(?) almost no matter what you do. Again, though, like with the titan battles, once you nail down what to do while keeping the problematic spots in your head, the level is relatively easy and goes by pretty fast. It's my least favorite level in the game because of the technical issues, but after pulling my hair out and learning the flow of the stage, it ain't so bad.

3. Hold R2 or let go of R2?
This one is just plain bad, there's no getting around it. In the
Wygol Village and the Clockwork Tower
stages, there are precious times where you simply have to press R2 once to grab the crank, let go, and commence the turning. This is stupid, because with most other rotating devices in the game, you can hold R2 without letting go and nothing will happen. I don't know if every crank in the game can be turned by pressing and letting go of R2, but plenty of people have had issues with this.

I'll just spoiler tag this one completely for the sensitive.

The Music Box
Again, first time through on this, despite thinking the level was cool and all, I was pretty much confuddled about how to dodge the various traps. The biggest issue for me wasn't learning the patterns of the flame/electricity traps, but getting Gabriel to run. People complain about having dodge and roll assigned to L2, but my biggest issue is actually having to tap the analog stick twice to initiate the run. Sometimes the game simply doesn't register it if you don't do it precisely and this can lead to some annoying deaths. Other than that, after learning the paths and the ordering of the colored gems, the stage goes by very quickly. The trial for this is also very easy because you get frequent checkpoints, so you do have room for error.

5. Platforming
It can be finicky, and lowering yourself too far down while repelling with the Cross Chain will result in insta-death. But again, like with the other issues in the game, when you have the general layout of the platforming segments down-pat, you'll find yourself screwing up much less. Hopefully in the next game, you won't fall for simply trotting down too far. It doesn't even make any logical sense-- why does your chain suddenly give out? Does Gabriel think "fuck it I went down too far" and suicides himself? Who knows. It's dumb.

This isn't meant to defend the problems and give the developers the a-ok on these issues. It's just merely how I dealt with each and was able to eventually get around many of them without it ruining my experience. Dumb decisions were made, but in the grand scheme of the game, they're very minor to me at this point. There's no excuse, and it's a bit of a bitch until you learn the ins and outs.

Long story short, there are problems, and most of them could have been remedied very easily during production, but a lot of them are pretty easy to get around if you're willing. Some people aren't, and that's understandable.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ehn, I paid a hundred bucks for it. As much as I'd love to just hand it on over to someone who would enjoy it more than I did, and I *do* like you, I don't like you that much, Crotchy.
You could have gotten 10 whole euros! That's like over a million yens.
Back to trying pitch the game to friends "I hear it's like so much better than GoW3 it aint even real" (whatever that means)

Peter.Simpson909 said:
I'm on chapter X and enjoying it so far. I dropped down from medium difficulty as once in a while I hit a battle where I'd get creamed 12x in a row. Fun factor plummeted.

Biggest problem I have is the method of storytelling. Its been mentioned here before, but you don't tell a story by having Patrick Stewart narrate his journal logs about someone else. Could they have come up with something more distancing from the main character?

At the end of each chapter I keep getting told how Gabriel is
descending into madness
, and that he can't sleep, and his
mind is about to break
--and yet in every cut scene he seems A-OK to me. At least in SOTC my character visibly became
a shell of himself
. I don't see any change to Gabriel's character model at all. Or his demeanor.

For a guy who has apparently
lost his faith in everything and about to snap
, I would never have guessed it if not for Stewart telling me so--in his best "I'm performing on stage" voice.

Completely agree with that...I like the Gabriel I see in cutscenes...the one in the narration is generic as they come...the producer mentioned they changed Gabriel based on feedback from Kojima... seems to me they didn't change much of the narrative to suit the change in appearance/cutscenes...there is a complete disconnect...I can't help but roll my eyes everytime I hear how he is being torn asunder my the crushing weight of guilt, of destiny, of hatred...enough of that crap son

Zzoram

Does this game have a good lock-on system? I couldn't actually tell with the demo. The combat definitely feels better than Enslaved and Force Unleashed 2 when comparing the demos. The FU2 demo lock-on was pretty awful.

I recently realized that the reason I liked DMC4 and Demon's Souls so much was that they have excellent lock-on.

Barrett2

Game's length is getting to me. I'm just ready for it to be over at this point, since as soon as I buy Fallout, I'll be solely focused on that.

Definitely had a great time with this, but as the game goes on, the lame storytelling, occasional shitty camera, etc., start to get more annoying. But still, one of the better games ive played this year, hopefully it does well enough to get a sequel.

Canova

Banned
Dever said:
Uh... He does do that. Overall I feel the game does a very good job of giving his movements that 'oomph'. The attack animations and the sounds the whip makes are really good.

keep pressing the jump button, and you'll see Gabriel is just 'floating' moving up and down in the air, no recovery frame/animation whatsoever

DryvBy

canova said:

No it doesn't. DMC1 is really dated today. Load it up and find out your mistake.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
canova said:
I have played, currently doing the trials & hardest difficulty, a dynamic camera is a fixed camera that dynamically moves, GoW has dynamic camera.
And the combat is easily as good, if not better then DMC's,
I actually laugh at your "combat is out dated" comment. :lol
seriously I like to know what you would class as good combat.

RavenFox said:
I'm surprised you guys aren't using the photo capture option in the xmb and posting some pics.
You mean like this
nygy8.png

Sadly the screen capture is only available when looking at concept art, btw this scene in the game looks amazing.

forrest

formerly nacire
canova said:
keep pressing the jump button, and you'll see Gabriel is just 'floating' moving up and down in the air, no recovery frame/animation whatsoever

I think the animations overall are pretty damn good and weighty. Sure it's not to the level of Demon's Souls or Monster Hunter, but it's certainly levels above tons of other games in the animation department.

I'll just reiterate how much of an enjoyment this game was for me. Definitely a top game of the year amongst a few others and definitely on my annual replay list. Kudos to Mecurysteam for making an awesome start to a much needed reboot. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the sequel. Hopefully the sequel get's the greenlight.

To those that commented on me revisiting old Castlevania titles that I have missed. I have decided to start with Dracula X Chronicles followed by Symphony of the Night. After these I'll move on to the ps2 3d titles.

Dascu

nacire said:
I think the animations overall are pretty damn good and weighty. Sure it's not to the level of Demon's Souls or Monster Hunter, but it's certainly levels above tons of other games in the animation department.

I'll just reiterate how much of an enjoyment this game was for me. Definitely a top game of the year amongst a few others and definitely on my annual replay list. Kudos to Mecurysteam for making an awesome start to a much needed reboot. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the sequel. Hopefully the sequel get's the greenlight.

To those that commented on me revisiting old Castlevania titles that I have missed. I have decided to start with Dracula X Chronicles followed by Symphony of the Night. After these I'll move on to the ps2 3d titles.
No.

Have you played Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) and Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)? Those are good. Play those. Not the PS2 ones.

brandonh83 said:
People complain about having dodge and roll assigned to L2, but my biggest issue is actually having to tap the analog stick twice to initiate the run. Sometimes the game simply doesn't register it if you don't do it precisely and this can lead to some annoying deaths.

yep, my biggest control-related problem, also - why would you make something simple like running so tricky?...

i've begun chapter 10, &, while i know i'm supposed to be getting more'n'more impressed with the environments, i honestly enjoyed chapter 2 as much as or more than any others following (again, not a whole lot of cv background, & therefore just playing this as tho it was a new game named 'lords of shadow'). the horrible narration & sometimes tricky controls've really sucked a lot of the life out of things for me at this point, but, overall, i'm still very happy i decided to check it out...

forrest

formerly nacire
Dascu said:
No.

Have you played Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) and Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)? Those are good. Play those. Not the PS2 ones.

Didn't you dislike LoS? Maybe I shouldn't take your advice! ;P

I have a Wii and a DS, what are your must play titles? I've played 1-4, N64 3d game, some of SotN and some of LoI. I find it hard to get into the newer 2d Castlevania titles while LoS was like crack for me. This is one reason I want to play the two ps2 titles, despite trying LoI years ago and not really getting into it.

lawblob said:
Game's length is getting to me. I'm just ready for it to be over at this point, since as soon as I buy Fallout, I'll be solely focused on that.

Definitely had a great time with this, but as the game goes on, the lame storytelling, occasional shitty camera, etc., start to get more annoying. But still, one of the better games ive played this year, hopefully it does well enough to get a sequel.
Game's length is only getting on me because I have the following on my upcoming to play list:
- AC 2 DLC
- AC Brotherhood
- Fallout New Vegas
- Civ V
- Black Ops

Plus theres a few sports games which I have barely got into. This year is a lot worse for me gaming wise because my commute to work is longer and all that time thats lost was basically my gaming time.

I don't feel like its dragging on though, at least not yet.

Dascu

nacire said:
Didn't you dislike LoS? Maybe I shouldn't take your advice! ;P

I have a Wii and a DS, what are your must play titles? I've played 1-4, N64 3d game, some of SotN and some of LoI. I find it hard to get into the newer 2d Castlevania titles while LoS was like crack for me. This is one reason I want to play the two ps2 titles, despite trying LoI years ago and not really getting into it.
My favourites of the classic action/platformer kind:
- Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine/VC)
- Super Castlevania 4 (SNES/VC)
- Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)

Of the exploration/RPG kind:
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
- Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)

If I were you, I'd pick up Dracula X Chronicles for your PSP and Aria of Sorrow for your DS.

Dascu said:

I liked Super Castlevania IV, it was only a year or two ago that I went back and played it. I tried other Castlevania games but I was spoiled by the 360 degree whip in Super Castlevania IV and had trouble playing the other ones.

If I ever get time maybe I'll try to play SOTN but before that I'd rather go back and play Super Metroid first.

Really surprised at some of the hate the game is getting.
I had some very minor problems with it, human characters aside from Gabriel looked really bad, inconsistent controls and platforming but other than that..

The combat was REALLY fun - it's no Bayonetta but it really doesn't want or need to be. The difficulty on Knight was perfect, enemies hit hard but with good blocking and use of light magic I never had a problem.

It had good characters and cutscenes and best of all, the game never got boring over my 19 hour playthrough. That's quite an achievement. Mercurysteam definitely found a fan in me and I can't wait for what they'll do next.

forrest

formerly nacire
Dascu said:

If I were you, I'd pick up Dracula X Chronicles for your PSP and Aria of Sorrow for your DS.

Already ahead of you, started yesterday! I like the updated graphics with the 3d models, seems pretty cool. The gameplay is very unforgiving thus far though.

forrest

formerly nacire
canova said:

I haven't played DMC since it launched, but I loved it. I also believe LoS has a great combat system that rewards those who are willing to invest in it. Feel very, very reactive and you have to play smart. It rewards you for using variety and while coming off as a really defensive system at first glance end up opening up to a very offensive system by games end. I find it very rewarding and enjoyable to boot. I also enjoyed Ninja Gaiden's, God of War's, Darksiders' and Devil May Cry's combat systems. Bayonetta is on the "to play" list.

So I'm at an area where I need to punch a button to open a door and run across a floor before spikes come up.

I've figured out that I need to use the daggers to throw at the button but nothing seems to happen other than it showing me it's almost working. Any tips? It sucked because I was showing the game off yesterday when I got stuck there and we all agreed that that happened at the worst time because it wasn't exactly making it look fun. I still love it though and am about to play and tackle that section again.

[Nintex]

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So I'm at an area where I need to punch a button to open a door and run across a floor before spikes come up.

I've figured out that I need to use the daggers to throw at the button but nothing seems to happen other than it showing me it's almost working. Any tips? It sucked because I was showing the game off yesterday when I got stuck there and we all agreed that that happened at the worst time because it wasn't exactly making it look fun. I still love it though and am about to play and tackle that section again.
Turn on Shadow magic, throw dagger

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
canova said:
YES
unless you mean DMC3, but still I say Castlevania's combat is more deep & diverse.
I love NGB and NG2 combat
it's good, but............I've always saw NG as a stepping stone game while I wait for games like GoW, DMC
just like NG3 will be a stepping stone while I wait for the sequel to this Castlevania
And NG's camera was flawed to fuck.

Top Bottom