• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Ricker said:
Still why isn`t it out in North America now that the PSN + bullshit is out of the way?...there`s is no reason for it,someone messed up somewhere,plain and simple.
Oh yeah I don't doubt that. But there's no reason to complain when everyone has access to UK PSN.

DSmalls84

Tempted to download the Euro demo but, I think I will just wait until next week. I have Dead Rising to keep me busy for now.

Nemesis_

WickedLaharl said:
no 360 demo until it's already released? well i guess i'll just gamefly it then.

You're choosing to rent it because MICROSOFT are holding back the demo that Konami/MercurySteam ALREADY SUBMITTED? =/

The only thing I absolutely fucking hate is that the same combat music plays during each enemy encounter like in Devil May Cry. I don't think it's going to hurt the game all that much for me but I would seriously prefer just to fight along with the music written for a particular area instead of MAN THE TORPEDOES

Nemesis556 said:
You're choosing to rent it because MICROSOFT are holding back the demo that Konami/MercurySteam ALREADY SUBMITTED? =/

Maybe it's because we don't want to PAY MONEY TO PREORDER a game we haven't been able to PLAY IN ANY CAPACITY.

S1kkZ

Nemesis556 said:
who says ms is holding it back? oh yeah, the same guy that said the demo is out on tuesday for all plattforms worldwide...

madmook

Was ready to pre-order the LE at Amazon as soon as I could get a taste with the demo, but now there's no demo and Amazon took away the $20 credit... so no sale.

Mr. Hyde

brandonh83 said:
The only thing I absolutely fucking hate is that the same combat music plays during each enemy encounter like in Devil May Cry. I don't think it's going to hurt the game all that much for me but I would seriously prefer just to fight along with the music written for a particular area instead of MAN THE TORPEDOES

Ha! Yeah... I was noticing that in the demo and from videos I've seen, but the demo was great. I kept dying in the forest until I mastered rolling the hell out of the way nonstop. It was great and felt rewarding to beat the demo.

Canova

Banned
brandonh83 said:

can't you just turn off the music?

canova said:

That's not really the point but yes, you can turn the music completely off in most games.

Four reviews added to OP, will continue to add them as I find 'em.

Teknoman

canova said:

Its not that he doesnt like the music, its just he wants different combat music to match different areas/senarios (unless its like that in retail).

Teknoman said:
Its not that he doesnt like the music, its just he wants different combat music to match different areas/senarios (unless its like that in retail).

No combat music other than bosses would have been ideal for me personally. The soundtrack will be amazing, I'm just talking about the same track being used for every enemy encounter.

jett

D-Member
I missed out on all the TGS fun, but suffice to say my hype-o-meter skyrocketed with the last two trailers. Downloading demo. :)

madmook said:
Was ready to pre-order the LE at Amazon as soon as I could get a taste with the demo, but now there's no demo and Amazon took away the $20 credit... so no sale.

Wait, when did this happen? Is this for all versions?

Mr. Hyde said:
If you've already pre-ordered, you don't have to worry about it. It only applies to new pre-orders. The limited time of doing it has now expired.

Oh, thank goodness, I was about to RAGE.

Mr. Hyde

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Wait, when did this happen? Is this for all versions?

If you've already pre-ordered, you don't have to worry about it. It only applies to new pre-orders. The limited time of doing it has now expired.

Judging on what I've seen thus far, this is the game GOW 3 should of been with more up to date combat system, gameplay, and a more reasonable amount of game content. I just hope the platforming elements are better than the aforementioned game.

Empty

the fights in the forest were nice, challenging for me and fun, and the presentation was good. i don't think this is a game that works well in a short demo given so much of it was tutorial and without the sweet environments or the puzzle and platforming gameplay that we know are in the game, or any of the combat progression. the combat seems very god of war in style and pace, which is fine, but i just hope there are fewer qte's in combat in the rest of the game as i'm not really into those.

tzare

did not enjoy the demo very much. Good music and art but the rest is at a lower level. Hope full game is a better experience, i ws going to buy it at launch but now i may wait for a price drop. :(
Camera is just bad..

JohngPR

DL as we speak 38%.

That really pisses me off about the $20 Amazon credit being taken off.

If they released that damn demo yesterday I would have had it preordered by now.

I emailed Amazon to ask if it's a permanent change or if they will add the $20 credit to the game again.

LQX

Why the hell would they make a demo region exclusive if its the same language? Moreover its coming the same day as the retail game. That is so fucking dumb.

RavenFox

Banned
JohngPR said:
DL as we speak 38%.

That really pisses me off about the $20 Amazon credit being taken off.

If they released that damn demo yesterday I would have had it preordered by now.

I emailed Amazon to ask if it's a permanent change or if they will add the $20 credit to the game again.
Dude you should have preordered anyway. Amazon only charges on release. I do that all the time just in case.

Top Bottom