• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Foffy

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
They're definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of the series, but at this point they might be retconned.

Cox has been labeling the game as something like the Marvel Ultimate universe when describing Lords of Shadow, so maybe Konami will keep the IGA series as well as this new take of the franchise?

I think that'd be ideal. IGA keeps making good handheld games while Cox works on the console iterations of the franchise. 2D and 3D victory for the series. Everybody wins :D

JohngPR

Simo said:
Eh, chalk me up as one being in the new camp. I've never played a Castlevania title, though I've always wanted to check out Symphony of the Night, but I've been excited for LoS ever since the debut trailer and each piece of footage they released or CAM footage posted just builded upon that and I can't believe it's only a week away. :D

Same here.

I tried Castlevania on the NES (dating myself here lol) and didn't like it and I also didn't like Super Castlevania IV but this game looks right up my alley.

I want this or Enslaved so I have to choose between the two. I'm leaning towards Lords of Shadow though. ;)

LowParry

JohngPR said:
I tried Castlevania on the NES (dating myself here lol) and didn't like it and I also didn't like Super Castlevania IV but this game looks right up my alley.

Curious as to why you didn't like these games.

I'm so looking forward to this game. My hype is crazy right now!

I'm glad Edge Magazine said the game is around 15-20 hours long! Totally worth it!

But I'll have to get it a week later. No money! :(

The best thing about this game is that I feel like I haven't seen much from it at all. A lot of the trailers have just been the same story trailers and cutscene footage so I honestly don't know what to expect from most of it. I hope that means that unlike most games that show off too much this one will stay fresh for most of the experience. Kind of like when you were younger and wasn't exposed to so much media so each new game felt like a completely new journey.

JohngPR said:
Same here.

I want this or Enslaved so I have to choose between the two. I'm leaning towards Lords of Shadow though. ;)
Vanquish also comes out next month.

CVLOS looks great. Thinking about picking up the LE.

CAVE343

CaptYamato said:
Vanquish also comes out next month.

CVLOS looks great. Thinking about picking up the LE.
I planned on getting Vanquish day one but it will have to wait a few weeks. I'm buying this game no matter what, it's been a long wait

It's a shame the game looks visually very appealing, and overall seems like a good game but it's out in the same month as Vanquish and Deadly Premonition (maybe).

Also as spaniard I should support it...but Vanquish and DP...I'm sure mercury will understand...

I'll buy it later...probably..

Darkgran

For some reason I have not paid any attention to this...but after watching some of the videos and seeing some of the reviews...Day 1

luxarific

Nork unification denier
RavenFox said:
edit:
2eakwb4.jpg

Taken
So uhmm who else got the CE?

Me! Even though the North Am. version isn't much of one. ;_;

brandonh83 said:
The best thing about this game is that I feel like I haven't seen much from it at all. A lot of the trailers have just been the same story trailers and cutscene footage so I honestly don't know what to expect from most of it. I hope that means that unlike most games that show off too much this one will stay fresh for most of the experience. Kind of like when you were younger and wasn't exposed to so much media so each new game felt like a completely new journey.

I pretty much ordered it blind. I think I only saw the trailer from E3 and then just now, today, watched the trailer from TGS.

Suzzopher

Great OP. I have already paid for my pre-order and look forward to next week.

I have been such a huge fan of the series since the I played the original on my NES in 1988. It was the game other than Mario I associated with the platform and gaming in general really. I even enjoyed Lament of Innocence quite a bit.

CAVE343

CaptYamato said:
This and Vanquish are on my buy list.

I already spent too much this month, so unfortunately I'm gonna have to take it easy with the game purchases in oct :-( The choice between Vanquish and this is very hard, but I just can't pass this one.

Foffy

Banned
To Far Away Times said:
October 5th can't come soon enough.

Neither can the demo...

Or the launch trailer, with Jason Isaacs narrating it...

Or the review embargo being lifted for a lot of websites..

Fuck, I think the strategy guide also comes out tomorrow, so spoilers may be on the internet! D:

JohngPR

Simo said:
Awesome, awesome epic thread! Got my LE preordered and ready!

Yep. Tomorrow the press embargo ends too so we'll be getting a flood of new screens and videos.

I'm hoping that the fact that the review embargp lifts a week before release is a good sign that Konami thinks they have a good game on their hands.

2San

Ah still can't believe the game is coming out so fast. Recently bought the Witcher. So busy playing that. Kinda tight on money as well. I really hope the game will be good and if it is good it'll be a million hitter even without my day 1 contribution. I know it's an irrational way of thinking, but I can't help it(the part that my +1 matters).

Tokubetsu

I asked this in the other thread but didn't get a response, does anyone know if the soundtrack that comes with the LE is "complete" or just a sampler that a lot of these LE's come with?

FrankT

_dementia said:
RDR is no way a sleeper!

7 million copies. Oh yes it was sleeper. Some may have seen it coming, but few to that degree. Though I've believed in this since day one. Don't take my word for it though;

It's one of biggest sleeper hits of this year and it's likely going to be one of the biggest titles of 2010," says Jesse Divnich of Entertainment Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR).

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/07/june-video-game-sales-down-/1

Tokubetsu said:
I asked this in the other thread but didn't get a response, does anyone know if the soundtrack that comes with the LE is "complete" or just a sampler that a lot of these LE's come with?

I don't think it's the full soundtrack. I forgot how many tracks I read about being on it but I'm pretty sure it's a sampler, but a very big sampler.

Dave1988

I'm mega hyped for th game. I can't wait for them to finally put up the European CE for sale. Capcom, why don't you want mah monniez?

Canceled my pre-order of the standard edition and went Limited. Packaging is awesome, soundtrack will be great, and as an artist I really just love looking at art books. Fuck, one more week?! I can't believe it.

Simo

luka said:

Hey! I like the artwork and dig the premise...just never played a game.:lol I do have Symphony of the Night now on PS3 so I'll be giving that a go until next week. :D

brandonh83 said:
I don't think it's the full soundtrack. I forgot how many tracks I read about being on it but I'm pretty sure it's a sampler, but a very big sampler.

All the retailers like GameStop, Amazon etc list the soundtrack as having an estimated 18-20 tracks, so as long as they're not like 30 second to 1 minute cues it could be the whole soundtrack. Fingers crossed anyway!

hey fuck when is the demo coming out?

I wanna pre-order this but I need both 360 and PS3 demos so I can decide on which to pre-order fuck fuck I want demos

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Totally pre-ordered the PS3 version. Hope this game gives me as much action thrill and gore as god of war 3. totally loved that game.

neojubei said:
Totally pre-ordered the PS3 version. Hope this game gives me as much action thrill and gore as god of war 3. totally loved that game.

GOW3 was about 7 hours or something, this is 15 or more. I'd say you're covered.

Simo

gutter_trash said:
hey fuck when is the demo coming out?

I wanna pre-order this but I need both 360 and PS3 demos so I can decide on which to pre-order fuck fuck I want demos

Tomorrow and Wednesday for both PS3 and 360.

Ouch, the guide comes out this week too?! Could be dicey and means imminent spoilers...

JohngPR

CcrooK said:
Curious as to why you didn't like these games.

I think I wasn't into the setting and the whole vampire thing back then. In my defense, I was 7 years old when I played the first Castlevania. :lol

LowParry

JohngPR said:
I think I wasn't into the setting and the whole vampire thing back then. In my defense, I was 7 years old when I played the first Castlevania. :lol

Ah, I see. You really should give them a try again. Lots of old school fun.

Corto said:
Something.

That's about what it took me. It was pretty short.

FunkyPajamas said:
OP, will you include reviews in the first post? I think this game deserves it, it's getting great scores if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, just saw this.

Yeah, when the reviews start rolling in, I'm either going to design a small reviews section or just simply link to them. Chances are, when more screenshots and trailers are released the OP will likely see some aggressive expansion

w05B1.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
mjc said:
Regardless, listening to some official tracks on youtube, it sounds just fine to me.

I could only find one actual track from the game and it was ripped straight from the trailer. There's a surprising amount of fake "OST" music for this game on the youtubes. If you have links to more, share 'em!

Dave1988

I'm listening to the music from the E3 trailer. It's soooooo good. Makes having to wait for the game so much harder ;__;

Foffy

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
I could only find one actual track from the game and it was ripped straight from the trailer. There's a surprising amount of fake "OST" music for this game on the youtubes. If you have links to more, share 'em!

This is a song from the game, and is in the second part of the demo that's coming out tomorrow.

Unless that was the song that you were talking about that was ripped. Dave Cox actually let a site have the song included with a preview, and I sadly forget what site that was.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
brandonh83 said:
That's about what it took me. It was pretty short.

Assuming your memory is accurate, your completion time is on the short side of the distribution. Maybe you should knock a couple of hours off of LOS's playtime too if that's how fast you play this type of game.

Foffy said:
This is a song from the game, and is in the second part of the demo that's coming out tomorrow.

Unless that was the song that you were talking about that was ripped. Dave Cox actually let a site have the song included with a preview, and I sadly forget what site that was.

Yeah that's the one I've heard and assumed it was ripped from the trailer but maybe it was released separately.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Assuming your memory is accurate, your completion time is on the short side of the distribution. Maybe you should knock a couple of hours off of LOS's playtime too if that's how fast you play this type of game.

Yeah, you're probably right, I did rush through GOW3 because it was incredibly dull and I wanted to get it over with.

Top Bottom