• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

MyEpitomeCliché said:
Sounds great indeed. Has it been confirmed if there are orchestrated versions of classics Castlevania tunes?

Yep, the two songs I posted in the OP were posted because they are confirmed to be orchestrated for this game. In fact, I really should look into noting that in the OP. :lol

Foffy

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché said:
Sounds great indeed. Has it been confirmed if there are orchestrated versions of classics Castlevania tunes?

Uh, I don't know if there are full orchestral arranges of returning tunes, but some do return. The Waterfall theme from Super Castlevania IV is played in a tower, I think there's a music box rendition of Vampire Killer, and you can hear a bit of Beginning for a few seconds in the TGS trailer, which I still haven't picked up. :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Yep, the two songs I posted in the OP were posted because they are confirmed to be orchestrated for this game. In fact, I really should look into noting that in the OP. :lol
wtf where did they say this!!? Thats awesome.

Retro

I'm gonna have to sneak out Tuesday and pick this up. I was going to wait, but I just decided... I love Castlevania and this looks to finally get the series into 3-D... so I must have it.

Besides, my avatar pretty much requires I follow the series. :lol

Mar

All over my face, chest, chest and face.

Pleasantly surprised by the Edge 8 too. Looks like it's rating very well critically.

Mar

Trevelyon said:
fyi AusGAF'ers, LoS has slipped to the 14th along with Pro Evo.

Get yo import on.

Waaaaaaat. Fuuu.

Probably for the best anyway. I'd like to finished Dead Rising 2 before getting stuck into this.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If I could hijack shipment trucks with this game to play I WOULD RIGHT NOW... I want this game soooo damn bad. Can't wait already got LE on order at Amazone, NO SLEEP TIL PLATINUM :D

brandonh83 said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Game of the Year!

2p2gc.jpg

Mine!(?)

Man I am screwed this autumn, new born baby, FO:NV, DR2, Reach, and this. I love me some castlevania. Time to crank up the Super Castlevania soundtrack

Mar

brandonh83 said:

Oh man, the waterfall song is in? Goddamn. Game of the forever.

Trevelyon said:
fyi AusGAF'ers, LoS has slipped to the 14th along with Pro Evo.

Get yo import on.

I saw this mentioned in another thread. When was this announced? The reason I ask is because it seems all the major retail sites are still listing it as the 7th.

Vrakanox

It kind of sounds like Bloody Tears but also kind of doesn't. Amazing trailer though, this game can't come out soon enough.

burgerdog

Fimbulvetr said:
What's with captain obvious talking over the footage?

"You can attack enemies directly...." OMG no wai. :lol

So yeah, is the demo tomorrow PSN only or both PSN and XBL?
Both. Demo should be up 12 hours earlier on xbl since they update at 2am pst/5am est. Demo, borderlands dlc, and Lara Croft online coop patch, great Tuesday.

Just finished the video. I'd say there is minor spoiler material but I still don't feel that it gave much away. It's by far the best marketing video they've made and will surely sway the unconvinced in the proper direction.

The fucking music at the end though, my god

Vrakanox

brandonh83 said:
Just finished the video. I'd say there is minor spoiler material but I still don't feel that it gave much away. It's by far the best marketing video they've made and will surely sway the unconvinced in the proper direction.

That's pretty much how I felt too but I noticed other people complaining about the minor puzzle spoilers on other forums so i figured it say something about it.

Draft

That's a pretty good looking video. Demo might tip me over the edge. I don't want to play a God of War clone, though, and this game has that God of War stink all over it.

Johnas

I'm really starting to get excited for this game, and that trailer definitely helped.

This game has been a long time coming, if indeed it successfully brings Castlevania into 3D. I know the other games had a few positive bullet points, but this one just looks so far above and beyond anything the others attempted.

I'm still just slightly hesitant about the combat.

I'm worried that there will be too much (uninteresting) combat, but otherwise I think it looks great. Some of the character designs are excellent.

Draft

Baloonatic said:
I'm worried that there will be too much (uninteresting) combat, but otherwise I think it looks great. Some of the character designs are excellent.
Exactly my concern as well. I'm not expecting much from the combat but XXY combos and dodge rolls, but if the pacing is more fight -> explore -> platform -> fight -> puzzle -> explore and less fight -> fight -> fight -> explore -> fight, then this might be something I'd consider buying.

LowParry

Draft said:
That's a pretty good looking video. Demo might tip me over the edge. I don't want to play a God of War clone, though, and this game has that God of War stink all over it.

Guess what. You're not.

CcrooK said:
Guess what. You're not.

The combat looks pretty much identical, though. I don't really find GoW combat very interesting but like Draft said, as long as the balance is good then I don't mind putting up with it.

Top Bottom