• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Foffy said:
The issue I have with the music is near the end, it's like the music is just...there. It's not there to drive almost anything past the vampire arc of the game, I felt. And some songs are repeated a little too often.

You should keep in mind that in most films, videogames, whatever have you that directors prefer that the music become more prevalent as the story reaches its conclusion because it intensifies that drive to the end. That's probably why the music, to you, felt like it it was just there to be there.

I personally like it when a soundtrack gets no-holds barred near the end of something because it solidifies the finality of a third act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqodAmNtBBY

Does this actually play anywhere in the game?

Foffy

Banned
brandonh83 said:
You should keep in mind that in most films, videogames, whatever have you that directors prefer that the music become more prevalent as the story reaches its conclusion because it intensifies that drive to the end. That's probably why the music, to you, felt like it it was just there to be there.

I personally like it when a soundtrack gets no-holds barred near the end of something because it solidifies the finality of a third act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqodAmNtBBY

Does this actually play anywhere in the game?

That song plays at a few points in the game. It's a song I really liked during the vampire arc of the game. It fit one particular scene where they put it. :D

Dascu

Zzoram said:
The gameplay looks like DMC. How much like DMC is the gameplay? Is it a primarily offensive combat game?
It's rather defensive. Lots of blocking and dodging is required if you want to survive the bossfights.

Just read a partial level list, call me curious and my god, there are TONS of levels that reference the older games.

Oh man these make me very, very happy.

KurowaSan

Baloonatic said:
Still no news on the EU CE/LE or whatever it was?

29whsh.jpg

Seems it's gonna be released by the end of October, that is, weeks AFTER the official release of the regular version. :(

KurowaSan said:
29whsh.jpg

Seems it's gonna be released by the end of October, that is, weeks AFTER the official release of the regular version. :(

Fuck. Do we know the price? I may just wait as I'm getting Enslaved next week anyway.

strideramc

If I cancel the current pre-order I have on Amazon and switch to the exclusive version, will I lose the game credits I used from purchasing Reach and Shattered Dimensions? I would like to upgrade now, but don't want to lose the $30 bucks in promotions.

burgerdog

Just did the first major boss battle, fucking awesome! The previous three stages looked like this: Boss, Boss, Normal Stage. Followed by 3 stage boss fight.

I don't care about the artbook, just the superior packaging and the soundtrack. Couldn't really make out what the track titles were though.

LowParry

Dascu said:
There's a level where it constantly plays in the background and the gameplay actually revolves around it. Difficult to explain without spoiling anything. There's no big orchestral rendition of it though, at least not that I noticed.

The music in general is standard orchestral "epic" music, as heard in the trailers. Nothing as memorable as the previous soundtracks in the series if you ask me.

Ah, so what you're saying is that you're used to the more guitar riff type of Castlevania music that we all should used to and instead, it's a full orchestrated run? I get that. I was hoping to hear some guitar riff tracks but from the small pieces I've heard so far, really good stuff. Correct me if I'm entirely wrong of what you're saying. :lol

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So in gameplay videos I'm sometimes seeing a yellow circle thing appearing in the middle of the right side of the screen. Is that the "auto-saving" icon? If so, why is it in the middle of the fucking screen and not in a corner like in every other game in the world?

Glix

Y2Kev said:
When do we change the thread title to "The MecurySteam has vanquished the horrible iga"

Castlevania HD is actually pretty awesome.

Also, his treatment at the Konami conference for the ages really endeared me to him.

"Please buy my game" :D

Teknoman

CcrooK said:
Ah, so what you're saying is that you're used to the more guitar riff type of Castlevania music that we all should used to and instead, it's a full orchestrated run? I get that. I was hoping to hear some guitar riff tracks but from the small pieces I've heard so far, really good stuff. Correct me if I'm entirely wrong of what you're saying. :lol

Really it seems like the Castlevania IV tracks that are exclusive to the game (not the catchy standards that pop up in every game, but still good stuff).

Phenomic

CitizenCope said:
Guys I have this friend. He was wondering if there was an easy mode.

Uhh not sure if this is a joke but yeah there's an easy mode.

Also I wouldn't say IGA is horrible, albeit it's still a funny thread title. You can only make the same style game so many times before it becomes stale.

Top Bottom