• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow |OT| The MercurySteam has Vanquished the Horrible Night

Kaldea

Wow at that gameplay trailer. I love how informative it is.

Also, the music isn't helping me curb my hype. :lol

Zeal

Banned
my hype for this game is at critical levels. the music and atmosphere alone are worth the price. between this, fable 3 and reach...best october ever.

Zeal

Banned
this is definitely going to be the sleeper hit of 2010. haven't been this hyped to play a game since Ikaruga on dreamcast.

edit: for god sakes, lift the fucking review embargo tonight! need more vania.

WilyRook

If I may?
t9usdx.jpg

...what a horrible time to have no money.

Cool colorful OP.

SpokkX

I am guessing the 360 version will be superior regardless of lead.

This is after all made by a european studio and that is usally the case then.

DevilWillcry said:
PS3 is the lead SKU so that has always meant a identical release in the past.

Hopefully that remains true. I need some more PS3 purchases, and this would be a nice one. I also would rather not deal with installing 2 discs.

Just when I thought I had the rest of 2010 pinned down game wise, this pops up to mess with my plans. :lol

manzo

DevilWillcry said:
PS3 is the lead SKU so that has always meant a identical release in the past.

Something something Ghostbusters

Anyway, will buy the best version.

Net_Wrecker said:
Hopefully that remains true. I need some more PS3 purchases, and this would be a nice one. I also would rather not deal with installing 2 discs.

Just when I thought I had the rest of 2010 pinned down game wise, this pops up to mess with my plans. :lol

Same here, I'd rather get the PS3 version since I'm tired of not being able to play 1-player games in peace with the 360; I get game join requests and party requests all the time and it's annoying. It's not nice to having to put yourself offline before connecting to live, it's such a hassle.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'd just like to get the PS3 version because I have a 100GB HDD in it, and would like to install the game on that. :p

Lyonaz

luka said:
Like it? Better go play Castlevania 4, 'cause it 'aint from this game. :D

I know it's from the Castlevania IV prologue, but damn it's been a long time since I played that one.

I'm probably the only person in the world who vastly prefers the castlevania 1-3 soundtracks over 4 :lol

As such I'm really hoping they have alot of the classics... I don't even care if theyre redone or not.

Freakinchair said:
I'm probably the only person in the world who vastly prefers the castlevania 1-3 soundtracks over 4 :lol

As such I'm really hoping they have alot of the classics... I don't even care if theyre redone or not.

you're not. 1-3 are more popular, just not with these corrupted LoS supporters ;)

Suzzopher

The hype for this has had me playing the PSP remake of Rondo and now onto SOTN, might even boot up the Wii for some Super Castlevania IV love tonight.

SpokkX said:
I am guessing the 360 version will be superior regardless of lead.

This is after all made by a european studio and that is usally the case then.

Bionic Commando was made by Swedish GRIN with the diesel engine, which ran better on Playstation3
Let's not forget Criterion also

Just saying

I can't seem to find where the Collectors Edition is on sale in Europe, anyone know?
manzo said:
Same here, I'd rather get the PS3 version since I'm tired of not being able to play 1-player games in peace with the 360; I get game join requests and party requests all the time and it's annoying. It's not nice to having to put yourself offline before connecting to live, it's such a hassle.
You do know you can be online and have your notifications turned off?
polyh3dron said:
OK I'm sold..

Now which version to get.. Is the PS3 one reportedly gimped at all?
We'll have to wait for demo comparisons later, but doubt it'll be significant either way.

Suzzopher

Zeouterlimits said:
I can't seem to find where the Collectors Edition is on sale in Europe, anyone know?

The LoS Twitter, said they'll be news on it soon, but it looks like it'll be sometime after launch. Going to have to buy it twice in that case for me:lol

I'm thinking the game should be equal on PS3/360, because I remember the devs stating they were trying to make the two versions equal, unlike some devs who don't seem to care much.

I'm excited and got my copy preordered. :D

BoilersFan23 said:
I'm thinking the game should be equal on PS3/360, because I remember the devs stating they were trying to make the two versions equal, unlike some devs who don't seem to care much.

I'm excited and got my copy preordered. :D
Of course they all say that, just like they did with FF13, doesn't mean it's true. They just don't want to hurt sales.

Suzzopher said:
The LoS Twitter, said they'll be news on it soon, but it looks like it'll be sometime after launch. Going to have to buy it twice in that case for me:lol
Ah, thank you sir. Sounds pretty limited then.
Guess I'll wait. Shall decide with the demo.

Top Bottom