• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition |OT| Now at 60 FPS!

Anyone know exactly why this available on the GMG for UK?

Just says this "Due to contractual obligations, we are only able to advertise this product in US Dollars." and For some titles, we only have contracts to sell the game in certain countries due to our contracts. As a UK based service, we can't always sell our games in other regions, though we always try to get rights for as many countries as possible!"

:/

Bumping this.

Any idea when this goes live on Steam?
Email I got with my key said midnight UTC.

DoHkNwK.png

hlhbk

Updated OP with reviews section even though i am not sure how many there will be. Added slashers quick review!

Violater

I wish they would drop the damn price of the DLC on consoles, with that said this is an awesome game and it makes more sense for me to double dip on PC to get all the goodies.

Can I just straight into the DLC missions or do I have to replay the whole game first?

Domstercool

I wish they would drop the damn price of the DLC on consoles, with that said this is an awesome game and it makes more sense for me to double dip on PC to get all the goodies.

Can I just straight into the DLC missions or do I have to replay the whole game first?

The whole game requires playing to unlock the DLC.

hlhbk

So this is it guys! Finally the day I have been waiting for. Waiting for years after seeing the terrible FPS on consoles and having faith eventually LOS would come out on PC and be properly optimized and ported even when there was no news of a port coming!

I can't wait till I get off work tonight to play this in the glory that is known as LOS at 60 FPS!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So this is it guys! Finally the day I have been waiting for. Waiting for years after seeing the terrible FPS on consoles and having faith eventually LOS would come out on PC and be properly optimized and ported even when there was no news of a port coming!

I can't wait till I get off work tonight to play this in the glory that is known as LOS at 60 FPS!

You know that the framerate was not the game's only fault, right? You might want to temper your enthusiasm just a little bit.

Domstercool

I reviewed it in my spare time. Sorry if it seems amateurish, I'm no professional - it's just something I do as a hobby, no money involved and so on.

Got some footage coming as well. Just rendering on YouTube.

http://darkzero.co.uk/game-reviews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-ultimate-edition-pc/

It may not be the Castlevania as fans know it, but MercurySteam has taken successful mechanics from combat-focused, character action games and blended it with Castlevania’s lore. When it comes to bringing Castlevania to the PC platform, then this is probably the best way to open up the franchise to new people, especially when the sequel is arriving February 2014. If you’re a PC gamer who has never played Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or a hardcore fan that is looking to replay the game before the sequel hits, you should certainly pick up the PC version. It’s undoubtedly the “Ultimate” version, and with DmC being the only recent title to offer similar gameplay on the platform there isn’t much choice when it comes to these types of games. Sitting at a welcoming £19.99 on Steam (and cheaper in other places), there is plenty here for your money that would make even Dracula come out of the shadows for a taste.

Theo Lingen

Neo Member

Same here. I loved this game so much but the framerate was a real dealbreaker. I couldn't enjoy it because of low and fluctuating fps. It was a real immersion killer. Now, at 60 fps, its the best action/adventure game of this gen imo. I'm so glad Mercury Steam/Konami decided to bring this game to PC.

Domstercool

Same here. I loved this game so much but the framerate was a real dealbreaker. I couldn't enjoy it because of low and fluctuating fps. It was a real immersion killer. Now, at 60 fps, its the best action/adventure game of this gen imo. I'm so glad Mercury Steam/Konami decided to bring this game to PC.

It's so smooth. You see it as soon as it starts with the rainy village and the werewolves..smoooooooooooth.

dsk1210

I don't know of this is going to sell to well to be honest, only myself and one other friend on my steam list has bought it beforehand.

Hopefully it sells.

My review was already posted in the OP but just want to re-iterate. If you haven't played this and it interests you. Great port and improved from the console versions. If you ever had a reason to double dip. This is a good one. So smooth and great looking. Load times are super fast as well.

Very excited to start seeing some screens, or at the very least hearing about the performance, of this game. I'm nowhere near buying it due to backlog hell, but this will be fun when I can pick it up at an even bigger bargain.

dummydecoy

I played the Ps3 version which ran like crap. Would totally double dip for a PS4 1080p60 version.

Or a duolology bundle with LOS2. Do it Mercury plz.

pa22word

Come on steam, I need a DL to queue so I can drag myself through the last half of Killzone 1!

I played the Ps3 version which ran like crap. Would totally double dip for a PS4 1080p60 version.

Or a duolology bundle with LOS2. Do it Mercury plz.

I thought port begging was banable around these parts >.>

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
any luck yet?

Nope. Was hoping to get it downloaded while at rugby training, no such luck it seems :(

Ah well, hopefully will be sorted when I get back. Hope it unlocks for you guys soon.

Top Bottom