• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

vato_loco

Downloading right now. Definitely looks nice, and I hope the gameplay is more than just choosing my deck and waiting for an automatic battle to end. I liked Spirit Stones because it had deeper gameplay, but at one point it was just impossible to get better cards without paying.

EDIT: does logging in with Facebook give them rights to post on my wall or something?

Yaari

I don't think they actually post, but that does give permission yeah. What you can do is just ignore the Facebook thing. It gives an item but not really that significant.

I'm at level40 now, the Dragon is really strong. I need 3 Orbs to kill it. At this point I don't see how I'll ever hit my goal of stage 60. Hero is useless and drops like a fly. I really want to go out with that awesome sword.

garath

I don't think they actually post, but that does give permission yeah. What you can do is just ignore the Facebook thing. It gives an item but not really that significant.

I'm at level40 now, the Dragon is really strong. I need 3 Orbs to kill it. At this point I don't see how I'll ever hit my goal of stage 60. Hero is useless and drops like a fly. I really want to go out with that awesome sword.

I don't think I'll make level 40. I'm at 28 now and still 1-2 orbs (depending on how awesome of a guest I get) to clear it. The 30s will probably be upwards of 3 orbs. Don't see it happening.

Is it 50 that you get the guranteed arcana? I think I read that. You might make it.

Yaari

I don't think I'll make level 40. I'm at 28 now and still 1-2 orbs (depending on how awesome of a guest I get) to clear it. The 30s will probably be upwards of 3 orbs. Don't see it happening.

Is it 50 that you get the guranteed arcana? I think I read that. You might make it.

Yeah, that's 50. I definitely won't be able to kill that Dragon. I wonder if there is a limit of orbs one can use, I still have some of those Vigor fruits.

I should have listened when I was told that Hero is a waste of exp haha. I'm still a little confused on the friend helping you thing. Is the game actually able to reward you if someone else kills the Dragon for example, can I actually get the Grief Sword that way?

Oh well, it's not done yet. I tried leveling my team throughout the thing but the Soldier day hardly dropped and good Enhancers either, so that's not very efficient either.

garath

Yeah, that's 50. I definitely won't be able to kill that Dragon. I wonder if there is a limit of orbs one can use, I still have some of those Vigor fruits.

I should have listened when I was told that Hero is a waste of exp haha. I'm still a little confused on the friend helping you thing. Is the game actually able to reward you if someone else kills the Dragon for example, can I actually get the Grief Sword that way?

Oh well, it's not done yet. I tried leveling my team throughout the thing but the Soldier day hardly dropped and good Enhancers either, so that's not very efficient either.

yeah. I'm regretting the hero as well. I'm slowly building up another warrior in his place and Dusty has already out leveled and out damaged the hero for me so he's my new leader for now. I have to use the hero still since he's stronger than my other warrior (Ryubia). Not by much though, and he has more than twice her levels.

Keeping Kain around so I can get him to 40.

Rough party. No 4*, only a handful of oddball 3*. The 10+1 pull is looking better and better.

Yaari

Yeah that Phrysma roll for me, could very well be the deciding factor of getting Lyndsey. Have you been getting anything from the Demon coins? I must have gathered a good 15~ rings yesterday.

garath

Yeah that Phrysma roll for me, could very well be the deciding factor of getting Lyndsey. Have you been getting anything from the Demon coins? I must have gathered a good 15~ rings yesterday.

I got 2-3 3* characters :( Really pretty poor pulls. I've never had a lot of luck in these sorts of games lol.

edit: just did 6 more demon recruit pulls.. 3 carlos in a row. lol :(

I wanted to keep Hero on my line too but I can tell he ain't gonna cut it later. I should start beefing up my other 3 star soldier.

I keep getting Carlos, and Willow wands on my demon pulls.

garath

Ooh.. Just got another 3* character from the demon coins. Merchant of death Iris.

I wonder who's better... her or Ryubia. Iris has a 1 mana light attack to all surrounding enemies. Ryubia has a 2 mana moderate attack to all surrounding.

Do the scaling of warriors change from character to character? Any way to tell what their scaling is? Info doesn't seem to show it. Granted my Ryubia is already level 11 so it would kind of suck to level up another new one. Sigh.

edit: Hmm.. so for now I'm making these changes.. focusing on all soldiers with one cleric.. gives me:

Ryubia (3*)
Iris (3*)
Dusty (2*)
Latty (2*)

as my main party with:

Kain (for leveling) in my subs.

We'll see how it goes once I get Ryubia and Iris leveled up. For now have to keep hero in my party instead of Iris for the demon event.

Azusa

Ooh.. Just got another 3* character from the demon coins. Merchant of death Iris.

I wonder who's better... her or Ryubia. Iris has a 1 mana light attack to all surrounding enemies. Ryubia has a 2 mana moderate attack to all surrounding.

Do the scaling of warriors change from character to character? Any way to tell what their scaling is? Info doesn't seem to show it. Granted my Ryubia is already level 11 so it would kind of suck to level up another new one. Sigh.

http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/黒き鋭刃リュビア
Ryubia
Lv: 40  ATK: 3,840 HP: 3,810  
MAX ATK: 5,440 HP: 5,410

http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/死の商人アイアリス
Iris
Lv: 40  ATK: 3,650 HP: 3,720
MAX ATK: 5,250 HP: 5,320

all 3* http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/★★★R

You can also check unit skills here: http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/All_Units but I don't believe their stats.

garath

http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/黒き鋭刃リュビア
Ryubia
Lv: 40  ATK: 3,840 HP: 3,810  
MAX ATK: 5,440 HP: 5,410

http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/死の商人アイアリス
Iris
Lv: 40  ATK: 3,650 HP: 3,720
MAX ATK: 5,250 HP: 5,320

all 3* http://xn--eckfza0gxcvmna6c.gamerch.com/★★★R

You can also check unit skills here: http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/All_Units but I don't believe their stats.

Oh wow. Thanks for that :) Guess Ryubia is slightly better. They both stomp on the 2* and hero units though (except dusty I guess) so I'll use them both.

garath

I had a friend request help. Finished off his demon and got a 3* character as a reward. Nice!

Cost me a soul and only got half the normal coins but got to just polish off a half dead demon. Pretty easy.

Yaari

Grats. Nice that helping paid off, haha. I guess that's what I'll be doing shortly too.

Just read that above 50, everything is a Dragon. Damn. I don't stand a chance.

garath

Just did the level 30 dragon. Took me 3 souls :( Had to use a vigor fruit. One left.

On the bright side, I got another 3* as a reward from beating him and the 1200 coins from beating level 30 is waiting for me when I play again. Awesome.

I'll never get to 50. Just too hard for me. Maybe if I level up a lot between now and the end of the event. No idea when it ends though.

edit: If I cash out on the 3* characters I don't need right now, I'm up to 36 fortune rings total. Half way there. 11 days left. Can I do it without a 10+1 pull? Don't think so lol.

Yaari

I guess the idea is that most people will eventually get stuck, and they can still participate that way.

I think it will be a while until I really can't do anything anymore. I still have Vigor Fruit for if it is going to get really difficult. I guess I could use 6 orbs for a dragon if I really have to, unless there is a limit?

Got a new Lindsey friend. That should get me a few stages further than I anticipated.
Hard to resist using this 3* Enhancer I just got, but I guess the Fortune Ring is still more valuable in the long run.

garath

I wish I had lindsey friends :(

Best I have is a couple of friends in the 4k attack range. Not very impressive. Still plugging along. Level 30 dragon took me 3 souls. Level 31 demon only 2 so I should still manage to get through a chunk of the 30s.

We'll see. No way I'm hitting 50 though.

I guess the idea is that most people will eventually get stuck, and they can still participate that way.

I think it will be a while until I really can't do anything anymore. I still have Vigor Fruit for if it is going to get really difficult. I guess I could use 6 orbs for a dragon if I really have to, unless there is a limit?

Got a new Lindsey friend. That should get me a few stages further than I anticipated.
Hard to resist using this 3* Enhancer I just got, but I guess the Fortune Ring is still more valuable in the long run.
This is my issue, I have these 3* Enhancers waiting for me in my inbox, not sure if I should use them to max out my Lindsey or just sell it for the one ring. I guess I could get another that Knight that's on offer but I dunno...

The demon only stays for an hour before disappearing, so I think as long as you get more soul within that hour, you can still fight the demon.

At demon level 43 and am starting to need to use 2 fruits to deplete Katarith's HP.

Merun

Just got 2 more demon arcana, one from level 50, and another from the demon recruit gatcha.

Also starting level 50, it seems like you only get dragons, so I'm starting to struggle. I can kill them with one orb if I have a Vorg friend. Otherwise, I just sent a lvl 53 dragon with just 2000hp left but no one want to finish it lol.

garath

Just got 2 more demon arcana, one from level 50, and another from the demon recruit gatcha.

Also starting level 50, it seems like you only get dragons, so I'm starting to struggle. I can kill them with one orb if I have a Vorg friend. Otherwise, I just sent a lvl 53 dragon with just 2000hp left but no one want to finish it lol.

Wow! Nice! 2 demon arcana is sweet.

Yaari

Haha. Well that should be a pleasant surprise eh?

No Vorg friends at all here. Level 45 at the moment. I am fine with 50+ taking 3 orbs per kill. As long as it gets me to 60 at the end of it. Need to score some more high level friends though.

Edit: 47 Rings now. Close to the 5* card, guess Lindsay is a safe bet now.

Pbae

Is there a specific way to maximize xp for arcana?

Trying to level up past 40 on a 5* and it is painfully slow and costly =[

Elija2

I read somewhere that archers and knights aren't as good units as the others. Should I be trying to keep them out of my parties?

Yaari

Is there a specific way to maximize xp for arcana?

Trying to level up past 40 on a 5* and it is painfully slow and costly =[

I heard its more efficient to level up low level arcana before you feed them away, but I don't bother with it. I probably should because I don't have much left.

It's amazing how much difference a different leader makes. I had a 8.1k Lindsey friend and now a 8.8k and I can almost 1 orb again at 46. That Lindsey is max LB and has the Grief Sword. It's insane. Maybe I'll drop 50$ on the game after the event ends so I can help everyone out as well.

I read somewhere that archers and knights aren't as good units as the others. Should I be trying to keep them out of my parties?

I wouldn't say that, but its definitely more difficult to build an efficient team around them.

Not sure about why archers, but knights basically end up being slower and less critical happy warriors.

Knights gain a pretty good buff in 2.0 though.

garath

Haha. Well that should be a pleasant surprise eh?

No Vorg friends at all here. Level 45 at the moment. I am fine with 50+ taking 3 orbs per kill. As long as it gets me to 60 at the end of it. Need to score some more high level friends though.

Edit: 47 Rings now. Close to the 5* card, guess Lindsay is a safe bet now.

I'm up to 42 rings. The demon event has been great. Not getting THAT many 3* but it's adding up. I'm hoping to NOT have to pull with prysma now. Only have 11 days left to grind out the remaining rings. Going to be close especially now that I'm reaching the end of what I can accomplish with the demon event.

Yaari

I'm up to 42 rings. The demon event has been great. Not getting THAT many 3* but it's adding up. I'm hoping to NOT have to pull with prysma now. Only have 11 days left to grind out the remaining rings. Going to be close especially now that I'm reaching the end of what I can accomplish with the demon event.

Hope you can pull a Demon card. Will be tricky but not impossible without it.

garath

Hope you can pull a Demon card. Will be tricky but not impossible without it.

If all else fails, I just hit 500 prysma. I guess I'm not adverse to throwing a few bucks at the game too. Maybe I'll just pull like 3 or 4 times and supplement that with real money if a new rateup event happens soon. 4 pulls would net 12 more rings. Getting a minimum of 1 ring per day for the normal events would give me 22 more. 64... so close.

Yaari

Just beat the level 60 dragon with some help. Grief Sword is mine!

Congrats! I'm really slowing down now that each stage takes me 2 orbs to clear. Luckily I'm right on schedule and there is plenty of time left.

What will you do with the sword?

Merun

Congrats! I'm really slowing down now that each stage takes me 2 orbs to clear. Luckily I'm right on schedule and there is plenty of time left.

Thanks. Tomorrow people can send me some dragon. I'm going to be slower since I will rely on friends for progress. I have no intention of 2 orbing unless the time is almost up.

As for the sword, I would like to give it to Lindsey but there is the problem of the future raid event where there will be special weapon for damage...

On another note, I'm starting to have gold issue. 700k just went for Lindsey lol... And I have my mage team side project to do. Cheery and Elemia are definitive pick, and I will see how I can replace Bilgito and Minimo.

What level is your squad? I want to try to beef mine up with arcana. I'm getting no luck with the demon pulls.

Yaari

What level is your squad? I want to try to beef mine up with arcana. I'm getting no luck with the demon pulls.

41 Nimpha
28 Lynda Max LB
26 Hero (Thrash!)
30 Dusty Max LB

It a really shitty lineup. The only reason I got as far as I did is because people were nice enough to add me. The boss fight is literally just me going straight at the boss, if I go for his adds, I'll die before I do enough damage.

I only recently found out the fight ends if the demon dies, so the adds can be ignored. Which is good for me.

Edit: Stage 50 is next for me. I don't see how I can pass that with anything less than 3 Orbs. Haha. DPS is not actually the problem though, it's me dieing. I don't know if the Dragon does more damage than the Demon. Will have to find out.

Top Bottom