• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Mknzy

I’m going to try using the maid as a healer. I’m taking too much damage before I reach the dragon and losing Vorg right away. Hopefully I can keep him around longer without losing too much attack power.

Friend id is 164799092.

I sent you a friend request in game, I hope you can accept it ^_^ I am Mknzy in game as well.

I just opened up 9 slots for anyone who wants to add me 107634619 offering a currently level 32 Wayne I am powerleveling as fast as I can.

Yaari

Whoa can I get in on that too? At this point I could really use an extra ally. My IGN is Yari. You can delete me after the event if you want.

Elija2

Thank god I got Katarith. I was able to use up all my enhancers on her for cheap to free up my inventory and quickly level her up. I just wish I hadn't sold that 4* archer weapon I had earlier to make more space. ;_;

garath

Thanks to Stilz and merun I'm now at the lvl50 dragon. Not sure if I'm going to attempt tonight or tomorrow. Getting near the end of my playtime and I only have one soul. I definitely think I'll need all three for this.

edit: Screw it.. I'm going for it. It has 58k health left.. I shoudl be able to do this with 3.

edit2: Yep. Got it down to 27k after 2 souls. It'll be mine in 20 min. Sweet!!

Kreed

Managed to beat the lvl 50 Dragon with 3 Souls (I could have done it 2 if I had been luckier with mana). It's been taking me 2 Souls to beat the non dragon rounds but I think I can make it to the lvl 60 reward.

This thread definitely helped me with the way I was working on my teams. Prior to this event I was trying to have a team with multiple types vs focusing on one type, in addition to keeping too many cards. If I had been playing like that during this event I probably wouldn't have made it to the lvl 50 reward just from bad mana distribution.

garath

Managed to beat the lvl 50 Dragon with 3 Souls (I could have done it 2 if I had been luckier with mana). It's been taking me 2 Souls to beat the non dragon rounds but I think I can make it to the lvl 60 reward.

This thread definitely helped me with the way I was working on my teams. Prior to this event I was trying to have a team with multiple types vs focusing on one type, in addition to keeping too many cards. If I had been playing like that during this event I probably wouldn't have made it to the lvl 50 reward just from bad mana distribution.

Nice job!

Yeah, I hear you on the party management. I made some BIG changes during this event after realizing how poor my base party was. The event has done a lot.

Yaari

At this point I don't know if I should do full warrior suicide runs or have a 28 healer in there. I just don't think that healer can heal up against that level68 Dragon. And my entire team drops lies flies at this point.

If anybody needs help Friend ID:142318621.

I use bernadatte 41 lead @ demon raid level 58 using 2 souls.

So if you need help I can help.

KimChi

Ah sorry if you can send me another invite thought your were a random.

thanks for the friend invite :)

The AP regen is so agonizing, so spoiled by brave frontier 3 min regen lol. btw, are the daily quests supposed to be for getting enhancers to level up arcana?

At this point I don't know if I should do full warrior suicide runs or have a 28 healer in there. I just don't think that healer can heal up against that level68 Dragon. And my entire team drops lies flies at this point.
Honestly, I don't bother with healers sinc I only attempt a fight when I have more than a souls because healers do not help as much.

garath

Beat level 50!! Woo. I didn't know that the demon card was worth 20 rings. Wow. I'm like 3 rings from Lindsey now. Awesome.

Took 3 souls for the dragon. Thank goodness for Merun's Lindsey lol.

Yaari

Ok good to know.

Is it also one of those games where I should reroll if I don't get the recruit I want?

That's optional, but I'd go for it. It's your only opportunity to keep rolling for a good card and not have to dish out $$ for it. Especially if you don't intend to do any ingame purchases, it's an opportunity I usually take.

This game is also heavily based on friends, and a rare character is just going to get you more friends too.

--

I just beat the 67 Dragon. Went for suicide runs. The only reason this works is because all of these amazing Lindseys in my list. I nearly killed it with 2 orbs, so there's some spare time I can use there. I can go up to 4 orbs per run so hopefully this will get me through another day or so.

Got a Haruaki from the regular arcana recruit. Should I sell him? I already have a Haruaki LB'd to 45, so I'm not sure if I'd use him past that.

chrono01

Just as a heads up, do not waste your effortz on the hero, he is terrible. Use him if you got nothing but replace him fast.
Hero is pretty underwhelming [at least his 3* version], but his cost is 0 and his ability works while being in the sub party, It's worth it for that, as it's better than nothing.

But yes, it have other units and the cost to use them, Hero is easily replaced.

question for those a bit further in than i am, is there a sage tower dedicated to healers?
To my knowledge there's no tower dedicated to Clerics since there's only one 5* Cleric in the game [in addition to Phoena, but she's not a true Cleric, more of an enhancement one], and she's only currently available in the JP version.

A 4* healer [Arietta/Vanessa/Orianna/etc.] will be the best you'll get for a while, and are available at differing Tavern [Holy Capital/Vice Capital/Tower of Might respectively].

JNA

Banned
That's optional, but I'd go for it. It's your only opportunity to keep rolling for a good card and not have to dish out $$ for it. Especially if you don't intend to do any ingame purchases, it's an opportunity I usually take.

This game is also heavily based on friends, and a rare character is just going to get you more friends too.

Apparently if I don't do the tutorial, I only get 40 crystals (or prysma if that's what their called) and I need 50 to try to pull a card. Do I need to do the tutorial to get 50 or is there a faster way?

garath

Apparently if I don't do the tutorial, I only get 40 crystals (or prysma if that's what their called) and I need 50 to try to pull a card. Do I need to do the tutorial to get 50 or is there a faster way?

Yeah. I think you need to do the actual tutorial. It is time consuming.

Elija2

Beat level 50!! Woo. I didn't know that the demon card was worth 20 rings. Wow. I'm like 3 rings from Lindsey now. Awesome.

Took 3 souls for the dragon. Thank goodness for Merun's Lindsey lol.

Dang, is it really worth selling the demon card for Lindsey?

Yaari

Yeah you do the tutorial, and you get a Premium Ticket and 50 Phrysma. You can do 2 rolls then.

Also, don't link your facebook. It takes like 8-9 min. It's not fun but its worth it. If you don't want to go for a 5*, try a 4*. But anything helps.

I did it while watching tv, you don't really need to pay much attention.

JNA

Banned
Yeah. I think you need to do the actual tutorial. It is time consuming.

Yeah you do the tutorial, and you get a Premium Ticket and 50 Phrysma. You can do 2 rolls then.

Also, don't link your facebook. It takes like 8-9 min. It's not fun but its worth it. If you don't want to go for a 5*, try a 4*. But anything helps.

I did it while watching tv, you don't really need to pay much attention.

Oh two tries? That's pretty cool.

Is there certain 5* I should look for or will any do? 0_0

garath

I didn't end up rolling a 5*. I just went with the premium ticket for a 3* :( I regret it. But I'm not restarting now.

So all the dragons post 50 are at least as tough as the 50 dragon?

chrono01

Oh two tries? That's pretty cool.

Is there certain 5* I should look for or will any do? 0_0
There's only three 5* available at the first Tavern [at least for n that being Loletta, Nimpha, or Aludra. Any of them will suffice.

Loletta is a decently powerful Soldier who comes with a series of chain quests that results in the obtaining of another 5* [Cleric - Phoena].

Nimpha, while not as powerful as the other two, is invaluable due to her second skill which gives a 30% increase the chest drop-rates. Great for farming.

Aludra comes with a three mana Special that effectively clears an entire floor [aside from the boss]. It's great for sweeping lesser enemies so your main units can focus on the main enemy.

Any of them are fine, as re-rolling is a headache [at least for those on iOS -_-].

Hero is pretty underwhelming [at least his 3* version], but his cost is 0 and his ability works while being in the sub party, It's worth it for that, as it's better than nothing.

Does it? I've had him in my sub-party for a while and haven't noticed and healing between waves.

chrono01

Does it? I've had him in my sub-party for a while and haven't noticed and healing between waves.
I'm pretty sure it does, but I could be wrong on that. Perhaps the heal is so low you don't notice it? Not sure.

My healer recovers my HP between waves, so it can be difficult to tell whether Hero is doing anything for me or not. Just need a bit more cost before I can put Vienta there instead. :/

Elija2

How is Melvina as a healer? Better than Latty? Doesn't look like she has the larger healing range ability though.

Yaari

I'm pretty sure it does, but I could be wrong on that. Perhaps the heal is so low you don't notice it? Not sure.

My healer recovers my HP between waves, so it can be difficult to tell whether Hero is doing anything for me or not. Just need a bit more cost before I can put Vienta there instead. :/

Yeah he does heal, and it's a crappy one. But I guess it might be based on ATK. It's 140 per wave. Pretty much a joke.

Jomjom

Banned
How is Melvina as a healer? Better than Latty? Doesn't look like she has the larger healing range ability though.

Melvina is great! Poison resistance and a 1 mana group heal they cures poison. She's likely to be your best cleric for a long time.

garath

Well I guess the 51 and up dragons are just as tough as the level 50 one. Ouch. This is going to be ugly getting to 60.

I need three more rings to get Lindsey. 2 if I sell my 3* blade enhancer. 1 if I sell the ice sword. It'll take awhile to ramp her up though.

JNA

Banned
Well, the rate is low. So I'd say any will do. But Loretta ain't too great.

There's only three 5* available at the first Tavern [at least for n that being Loletta, Nimpha, or Aludra. Any of them will suffice.

Loletta is a decently powerful Soldier who comes with a series of chain quests that results in the obtaining of another 5* [Cleric - Phoena].

Nimpha, while not as powerful as the other two, is invaluable due to her second skill which gives a 30% increase the chest drop-rates. Great for farming.

Aludra comes with a three mana Special that effectively clears an entire floor [aside from the boss]. It's great for sweeping lesser enemies so your main units can focus on the main enemy.

Any of them are fine, as re-rolling is a headache [at least for those on iOS -_-].

Great to know! Thank you guys for the help and advice! :D I'm actually having a lot of fun with this game. 0_0

I did not except this game to actually be this addicting lol. After seeing Nimpha's Art style, I hope I acquire her. XD

garath

Yessssssss!! Pulled a 3* from the regular arcana recruit. Sold it and I now have Lindsey!

I dropped a few enhancers on her to get her to level 9 and she's already better than the hero lolol

Time to get to lvl 60 demon and get her a grief sword!

Edit: 3 souls and barely knocked off the 51 dragon. This is going to be hard. :(

Jomjom

Banned
Yeah, I think we are. Not entirely sure though.

Name is "Chrono".

The problem with Katarith is her first Ability makes her regenerate HP every 3 seconds while the second ability raises her attack if below 2/3 HP. Those two abilities don't exactly work well together. :/

No we are not friends I just checked! If you get some space let me know! I'm JomGAF in the game.

JNA

Banned
Jeez rerolling something over 3 star is hard here. :(

Haven't even gotten one 4 or 5 star yet. How many rerolls did it take some of you guys? 0_0

Yaari

Jeez rerolling something over 3 star is hard here. :(

Haven't even gotten one 4 or 5 star yet. How many rerolls did it take some of you guys? 0_0

I think after 15 rerolls, I had 2 5*s. But I was really lucky. I never even saw a 4*.

Bombless

Man, I love finding new characters I've never seen before. Like this guy!
cA5E5nA.png

It's hilarious that he's still on his horse while giving the Joining speech in the friggin inn.

I'm tempted to keep him, his face is priceless. I like this artist's style.

Man, I love finding new characters I've never seen before. Like this guy!
cA5E5nA.png

It's hilarious that he's still on his horse while giving the Joining speech in the friggin inn.

I'm tempted to keep him, his face is priceless. I like this artist's style.

I think its great you can go into the sub menus and look at all the character's you've unlocked. I love a lot of the art.

Bombless

I think its great you can go into the sub menus and look at all the character's you've unlocked. I love a lot of the art.

Yeah, originally I wanted to keep them all Suikoden style (which is why I was spending my prysma raising my arcana limit) but then I found out about the Allies book and stopped hoarding them haha

KimChi

Wow, made an account on my phone for the hell of it and pulled Nimpha, woot.

For those of you that added me previously please delete that account from friend list, ill try adding everyone that accepted again.

Name:KimChi
ID: 161717389

Top Bottom