• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Gizuko

@jpCC:

Have you all finished setting up your parties? I think I'm going to test a bit before deciding wether I nuke with Mimi or Totori. On that note, do you want me to lead with anyone in particular? Possible leads are as follow:

Totori w/ spell pierce
Meruru k/ sensei
Mimi w/ +10% damage done +5% damage recieved
Rox k/ Cheery
Trelancia w/ mana training

I'm going with Meruru for the time being!

Also, here's to hoping that November gacha features Musica :c

Azusa

The expanding sale!!!!! Starts tomorrow. (Oct 30th)

The best sale is here. Soon we will be flooded with new arcana and we will need additional space. I have 150 slots and its not enough.

@jpCC:

Have you all finished setting up your parties? I think I'm going to test a bit before deciding wether I nuke with Mimi or Totori. On that note, do you want me to lead with anyone in particular? Possible leads are as follow:

Totori w/ spell pierce
Meruru k/ sensei
Rox k/ Cheery

haven't reached the higher levels yet to actually know whats needed

but at least for now, any of the mages work :p

garath

Finally finished the 30 wave thing. Yay it didn't freeze. Had to use like 3 fruits. Got lazy near the end. Add that to the two I had to use when it froze means it took way too much. Bah. Whatever. I have like 28 more.

Still haven't finished the pumpkin drops though. Can't get the third chest to drop on the 18ap one.

OK so I just started and with all the beginning rolls I ended up getting 2 Melfulnash, Deed and Houssan. Everything else I rolled were 3 stars. I used all my premium tickets, arcana, and those rainbow currency things to pull. Is that a good start or should I re-roll?

OK so I just started and with all the beginning rolls I ended up getting 2 Melfulnash, Deed and Houssan. Everything else I rolled were 3 stars. I used all my premium tickets, arcana, and those rainbow currency things to pull. Is that a good start or should I re-roll?
Did you roll in the Vice Capital Tavern gatcha?
This is the best initial card http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Nimpha I would reroll until getting her (Aludra and Teresa are also ok but Nimpha has the best skill in the game to get more treasure drops so everyone who doesn't have one will be like to be your friend and lend you their best units).

Did you roll in the Vice Capital Tavern gatcha?
This is the best initial card http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Nimpha I would reroll until getting her (Aludra and Teresa are also ok but Nimpha has the best skill in the game to get more treasure drops so everyone who doesn't have one will be like to be your friend and lend you their best units).

I just went to the recruit menu and rolled in the Halloween event 3 times and then challenge rolled the rest. My character is located in the vice capital city, not sure if that counts as I didn't click on the tavern in the city UI, just the main menu UI, if that makes sense.

Rixa

Reroll. Mefulnash is trash, Hassan is ok but is 4* unit. You want to get 5* tavern unit with Prysma. If you get some 5* with 2k arcana coins (ac) gacha (5* in ac gacha are: Deed / Mefulnash / Nina) thats bonus. But if you wont get tavern 5*, reroll.

Vecks

@jpCC:

Totori w/ spell pierce
Meruru k/ sensei
Rox k/ Cheery

I went with a mage party since most of my friends list are using mages, but I don't have any of the event units, so Totori or Meruru would be great. I'm not sure who to put as my helper, so I'm using Shauna for now.

Quixzlizx

Is there any way I don't know about to quick-scroll to the end of my inventory? This is going to get even more infuriating once I stock up on inventory slots tomorrow.

Is there any way I don't know about to quick-scroll to the end of my inventory? This is going to get even more infuriating once I stock up on inventory slots tomorrow.
I would just use filters and other orders. For example number held gives alphabetic order if you don't have repetitions. Why do you care about your older units by acquisition?

Azusa

I usually use filters by class or type.

When you wan to LB, you can filter LB characters. When you are enchanting you can filter only weapon enchanters or character enchanters.

Gizuko

haven't reached the higher levels yet to actually know whats needed

but at least for now, any of the mages work :p

Well... That's true lol I guess I'm a bit overexcited, I'm really liking this raid.

I went with a mage party since most of my friends list are using mages, but I don't have any of the event units, so Totori or Meruru would be great. I'm not sure who to put as my helper, so I'm using Shauna for now.

I'm actually using your Shauna when she pops up. It's pretty helpful in the normal stages (using mono-mage to level some units) and the first raid stages are also doable with her.

elty

Yeah, me too. I could barely get through 8 waves.

So no, 30 waves is impossible unless I just buy a ton more fruits than what I have now :/
I remembered another poster said he couldn't get pass wave 5 yet he finished the quest with 11 fruit. I think for 55 rings it is still a good trade.

Krorg

@jpCC:

Totori w/ spell pierce
Meruru k/ sensei
Rox k/ Cheery

I have Totori so Meruru would probably help me. She is only a low level so I'm leaving Rin as lead until I level her up and then I'll switch.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
IMG_6162.jpg

Actually, I lucked out and had a friend who had an MLB character of one of those with double attack. Plus I had Clarice, Shaly and Vienta which really really helped a lot.

I ended up using 5 revive fruits :D

I got it!! Mua ha ha

chrono01

Upgraded my Arcana limit from 160 --> 500 [the maximum currently]. It only cost me 340 Prysma and I still have 1830 to spend, along with 24 Premium Tickets.

I'd say it's worth it. Now at least I shouldn't have to worry about space.

Have you tried re-logging? I'm on iOS, maybe it's just not currently active on Android?

Yeah it worked for me. I closed the game out to grab the daily login bonus and was confused when it still said 10 prysma. Guess it didn't go up the same time as the daily reset.

But yep, bought 380 arcana inventory, so I've hit the max of 500 too. Maybe a bit overkill, but you never know after they introduce the kizuna system.

garath

I went to 300. Want to save as much prysma as possible for 2nd tavern.

I only have a few tickets. Not going to get hati I'm sure.

And these pumkin quests just won't give up the chest! Used 160 AP this morning with Nada. Third won't drop on the 18ap one and the 4th won't on the 16. What are the rewards? If its just 4* enhancer I won't sweat it so much.

Quixzlizx

/\/\
That's the 18 AP wizard mission, not the halloween mission

I went to 300. Want to save as much prysma as possible for 2nd tavern.

I only have a few tickets. Not going to get hati I'm sure.

And these pumkin quests just won't give up the chest! Used 160 AP this morning with Nada. Third won't drop on the 18ap one and the 4th won't on the 16. What are the rewards? If its just 4* enhancer I won't sweat it so much.

One of them gives a 4* weapon, and one of them gives the new 4* mage.

bonkeng

As someone who just started yesterday, should I save my prysma for gatcha rolls or spend it on this expansion sale?

I'd personally recommend expansion. At least it's a sure thing. Try getting atleast 100 total slots.

Gatcha is a gamble, although if you're lucky it does payoff.

But you'll need the arcana space eventually and we won't know when the next sale would be. While the gatcha roll is always there waiting for you (tempting you is more likely).

Cool. I'll make sure to buy as much as I can with the sale going on. Should I be saving my arcana points for anything else or just use them on the challenge gatcha?

Well... That's true lol I guess I'm a bit overexcited, I'm really liking this raid.

I'm actually using your Shauna when she pops up. It's pretty helpful in the normal stages (using mono-mage to level some units) and the first raid stages are also doable with her.

yeah, it's a fun raid, a whole lot less stressful than Shining's

pasted level 50 and now we're starting to get shield mobs and my units aren't OHKO punis anymore lol

Surprisingly, Sterk is probably the best event unit since he has boss wave atk up which boosts his damage to crazy amounts
Meruru is the best event mage since melee helps with the shields and her nuke is pretty nice, just hard to max chain that
Though Totori is pretty good for just regular non shield mob clearing
Pretty nice to have all the event ones useful this time around

@jpCC:

Totori w/ spell pierce
Meruru k/ sensei
Rox k/ Cheery

Pretty much my team, I try to use a mage friend leader(preferably Meruru), except I use Demon Talibiku instead of Rox (don't have her or Musica)
Is it worth it to go to gacha bar to try to get Rox? (I tend to spend my stones on Event gacha only)
Also, would replacing Mimi with someone like Tsuru make the team better? (1 mana 25%atk buff)

Gizuko

I have Totori so Meruru would probably help me. She is only a low level so I'm leaving Rin as lead until I level her up and then I'll switch.

Meruru it is then! Just feel free to ask for any of the above if the going gets tough.

yeah, it's a fun raid, a whole lot less stressful than Shining's

pasted level 50 and now we're starting to get shield mobs and my units aren't OHKO punis anymore lol

Surprisingly, Sterk is probably the best event unit since he has boss wave atk up which boosts his damage to crazy amounts
Meruru is the best event mage since melee helps with the shields and her nuke is pretty nice, just hard to max chain that
Though Totori is pretty good for just regular non shield mob clearing
Pretty nice to have all the event ones useful this time around

I'm actually kinda amazed by Totori's potential. You can practically use her skill at the beginning of wave 4, start a new chain in wave 5 and actually MAX chain Meruru when Totori's skill ends. Besides, her scaling might be plain silly, I have to try to use Cheery as her Kizuna and see what the skill boost does to her attacks.

But yes, I have been trying your Sterk and the self-buff is amazing.

Pretty much my team, I try to use a mage friend leader(preferably Meruru), except I use Demon Talibiku instead of Rox (don't have her or Musica)
Is it worth it to go to gacha bar to try to get Rox? (I tend to spend my stones on Event gacha only)
Also, would replacing Mimi with someone like Tsuru make the team better? (1 mana 25%atk buff)

I don't think Rox would be worth pulling for unless you want a full dancer + event unit friend team, since Talibiku is a better Rox. Still, with SR tickets out there, it's worth giving it a shot if you get one of those. Having Talibiku, Rox is the consolation prize when pulling for Musica.

I have been thinking about adding Tsuru myself, specially since I put Mimi in the subparty for the slow. I definitely think the total damage output during the last wave would be higher, but in exchange the rest of the waves will be harder.
In the end I decided against adding a warrior to the main party (and Max chain with either Totori or Meruru, if I have more than 4 mana), but I might readjust once I reach the harder stages.

chrono01

500? Isn't it too much? I have stopped at 400.
500 is overkill, but I figured it's a pretty safe upgrade since it won't ever become useless [not like units that could later become outdated]. The most that will happen is I won't use it. With kizuna, we're probably going to start storing more arcana than we previously have, and I wanted the option to store extra XP/weapon enhancers for future units and not needing to immediately fuse them away to make space. I can't tell you how many times I used a II/III* enhancer on one of my "filler" characters, since all of my main units were already max'd. I would have loved to save them for another core character, but I couldn't due to the space limitation. I won't have to worry about that anymore!

Also, Gumi very rarely does this expanding sale. Actually, the last time they did it I believe it was shortly after the game launched. For all we know, they might never do it again, so I wanted to take full advantage of it while I could.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I don't hoard arcana, so I hovered between 40 and 45 for a long time.

With the sale, I expanded to 200, which for me is absolutely unnecessary, but it is nice not getting notices to sell or expand my slots when I do 10 pulls or get super lucky in missions with my Nimpha.

the space expanding sale is a pretty good deal

5 Prysma in global equals 1/2 a prysma in Japan

and it costs us 1 prysma for 5 extra slots

I currently have 230 slots in JPCC and with the current demon raid, I'm constantly selling stuff to make room for new things

if JPCC ever had this sale, I would max out my box immediately lol

Krorg

I've passed level 100 in the jpcc raid and can still get by using one soul, but probably not for much longer. I'm using Totori, Mimi, Rox and Pino with Tsuru and Phoena in the sub party. Sterk or Meruru friends when available.

Totori has become more useful further in to the raid. There are fewer shields to deal with now and I can use her skill twice to clear the mobs and get the mana bonus. The second bonus occurs during the boss wave as well.

garath

So how's the math work. We have until Nov 30th to collect tickets. I have 96 now. Liam is 130. We're not going to get MLB Liam at this rate. We'll barely get him period. Or was it always just to get him, no MLB.

So how's the math work. We have until Nov 30th to collect tickets. I have 96 now. Liam is 130. We're not going to get MLB Liam at this rate. We'll barely get him period. Or was it always just to get him, no MLB.

There's this calendar with the minimum amount of tickets required, if you got extra tickets from Gumi your number can be higher.

Do keep in mind that you get two tickets each day in the weekend (Friday ~ Sunday)

I only have 92 tickets myself though.

Top Bottom