• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

I thought you can only get one of the three 5 star from the free summon? Is the nimpha still a good choice?

Not sure what you mean. If you didn't know, this game has multiple gachas (taverns + special events).

It is possible to recruit at least three separate 5* units from the first tavern, but the chances of pulling a 5* is a staggering 1,7%.

I'm currently rerolling due to the MASSIVELY INCREASED RATES for chain story characters in the event summon, which apparently is Gumi speak for a 3,4% chance to pull a 5*, lol. If you want to pull from this gacha, you have to click the banner on the main map that takes you to the event summon.

elty

Wow. They removed Juliana? I guess I dodged a bullet?

Jeez Gumi lol.
Looks like a lot of people got burnt from juliana as she still show up in the event picture. Was reading the forum and someone spent like $350. It's it really worth it?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, you can get the next card - that cute knight.

I have a terrible sense of "have to have them all" when I play these kinds of games! Don't think I can get this one but you make a good point - I can start saving for the next.

Corgi

Banned
so how is rerolling in this? Those are some low ass rates for 5*. Is there a list of good 4-5* units for rerolling?

elty

I just go to android setting, app, chain chronicle then clear data. Probably takes 10 minutes and each reroll gives you two chances for a card draw.

Pbae

so how is rerolling in this? Those are some low ass rates for 5*. Is there a list of good 4-5* units for rerolling?

Rerolling is terrible in v.1 and without rate up it's less than 2% for a 5*.

But you can beat the curent story with just 2 and 3* units so it is more forgiving than other games of the nature.

Corgi

Banned
Rerolling is terrible in v.1 and without rate up it's less than 2% for a 5*.

But you can beat the curent story with just 2 and 3* units so it is more forgiving than other games of the nature.
Global is currently on v.1?

Easy story is the same for many games of this f2p mobile genre. But if you wanna get into doing events and raids and hard stuff, for the real meat, you typically need good premium units.

Is there a good starter guide around?

Pbae

Global is currently on v.1?

Easy story is the same for many games of this f2p mobile genre. But if you wanna get into doing events and raids and hard stuff, for the real meat, you typically need good premium units.

Is there a good starter guide around?

If you're willing to reroll, the first tavern you would want to go for the three SSR 5* in this order,

1. Nympha - Warrior that has the decent stats but later unlocks the ability to increase rare chest drops at lvl 60.

2. Aludra - Mage with the most powerful AOE attack in game but at a premium cost of 3 mana. Also has the skill which allows her attacks to be powerful in melee as well as a skill that starts you off with two magic mana.

3. Loletta - Warrior that is strong stat wise but not so good skills or passive. Her main draw is the increase in gold amount but this game is very generous with gold as is.

JNA

Banned
Looks like a lot of people got burnt from juliana as she still show up in the event picture. Was reading the forum and someone spent like $350. It's it really worth it?

$350!? 0_0 Just more reasons why I'm trying to stick as a F2Player.

Also makes me glad I finally re rolled into Nimpha. Being a F2Player seems a lot easier with her XD.

Azusa

Is it a good idea to have a mix team of knights and soldiers or is better to just pick one and stick with it?

Better to have one. The main problem is mana. When you have solders, knights and maybe a healer you cant cast anything useful, because most rare characters require 2-3 mana to activate their abilities.

Is it a good idea to have a mix team of knights and soldiers or is better to just pick one and stick with it?
I feel it's better to have a mixed especially with how weak Knights attack tend to be to soldiers and soldiers defence to.

Though I more or less started near the time you have/we're near enough rank and level wise XD so I have no idea how to play.
Better to have one. The main problem is mana. When you have solders, knights and maybe a healer you cant cast anything useful, because most rare characters require 2-3 mana to activate their abilities.
Hmmm good to know, wonder if I'll make mine primarily soldier cause Knights are so weak against other Knights with shields.

I have a knight team right now. But it seems like you'll want to roll almost exclusively with soldiers. Unfortunately I don't have any real standout soldier units, so I'm trying to save up to buy Lindsey. Bought Deed because I hear eventually knights get a buff in v2.0. What exactly changes about knights in 2.0 anyways?

CBTech

Why would anyone spend that much money just to get a character? I've never understood gambling...

I'm glad this game doesn't slow progress down too much like other mobile games. I've only run out of AP once and that was due to bringing friends into battles I didn't need to too many times.

Used a premium ticket and 50 prysma last night just to test my luck. Premium ticket got me a 3* Ryubia who I will sell. Prysma got me Fan-Fan who seems like she'd make a good tank with her 1 mana barrier.

Why would anyone spend that much money just to get a character? I've never understood gambling...

I'm glad this game doesn't slow progress down too much like other mobile games. I've only run out of AP once and that was due to bringing friends into battles I didn't need to too many times.

Using friends doesn't drain your AP since reinforcements are mandatory. Using friends just gives them arcana coins and not from your own pool,

garath

Used a premium ticket and 50 prysma last night just to test my luck. Premium ticket got me a 3* Ryubia who I will sell. Prysma got me Fan-Fan who seems like she'd make a good tank with her 1 mana barrier.

Using friends doesn't drain your AP since reinforcements are mandatory. Using friends just gives them arcana coins and not from your own pool,

I'm actually using Ryubia right now in my soldier party. Though I'll probably replace her with Haruaki when I have him leveled a bit more. I like her 2 mana AE attack. It's actually really handy in a team of single target people (Dusty, Lindsey).

I'm actually using Ryubia right now in my soldier party. Though I'll probably replace her with Haruaki when I have him leveled a bit more. I like her 2 mana AE attack. It's actually really handy in a team of single target people (Dusty, Lindsey).

Yeah I can see her use if I didn't have Iris. Ryubia is only slightly stronger than Iris by like 10 hp and 100 attack. And Iris' AoE only costs 1 mana instead of 2. While it only does light damage, it's more flexible.

Started a couple weeks ago but haven't played much. DEcided to use my ticket and gems and got a 4* Noel and a 3* Baiset. Should I reroll or keep them.

What is the process to reroll on IOS?

garath

Yeah I can see her use if I didn't have Iris. Ryubia is only slightly stronger than Iris by like 10 hp and 100 attack. And Iris' AoE only costs 1 mana instead of 2. While it only does light damage, it's more flexible.

Ah. I have Iris also but got her after Ryubia. Was actually going to use her as well until I got Lindsey.

Shouta

Dang. I wish those daily quests didn't cost so much AP to do. :(

How much fortune rings do you get from daily quests?

Fortune Rings also go up the more levels you put into your character before you sell them off. So if you get into a situation where you have more XP cards than you need and aren't using your 3 stars, feeding them those then selling them at higher levels will get you more rings to upgrade your better units. That's what I did when I was playing the JP version to maximize my 5 Star/UR units.

garath

Fortune Rings also go up the more levels you put into your character before you sell them off. So if you get into a situation where you have more XP cards than you need and aren't using your 3 stars, feeding them those then selling them at higher levels will get you more rings to upgrade your better units. That's what I did when I was playing the JP version to maximize my 5 Star/UR units.

I had no idea this was a thing. So the demon Katarith card I'm sitting on can be worth more than 20 rings if I level her?? whoa.

CBTech

Oh, I guess I was mistaken. When picking reinforcements I thought it cost 25 ap for friends and 10 for non-friends. I guess I didn't understand what the symbol meant.

Shouta

I had no idea this was a thing. So the demon Katarith card I'm sitting on can be worth more than 20 rings if I level her?? whoa.

Yeah, unless it wasn't a system they had in the early versions of the game. You should be able to just check how much your units are worth and you should see that the leveled ones are worth more rings.

Oh, I guess I was mistaken. When picking reinforcements I thought it cost 25 ap for friends and 10 for non-friends. I guess I didn't understand what the symbol meant.

Yeah, I was confused too. I used to think having your unit picked as a reinforcement gave you AP since the numbers were green. Turns out they give you arcana coins, which are blue.

Yeah, unless it wasn't a system they had in the early versions of the game. You should be able to just check how much your units are worth and you should see that the leveled ones are worth more rings.

Yeah, don't think it's in this version yet. My level 40 Bilgitto is still only valued at 3 rings. Only thing that increased in value is gold.

garath

Yeah, don't think it's in this version yet. My level 40 Bilgitto is still only valued at 3 rings. Only thing that increased in value is gold.

Damn :(

Good to know at least.

Wish we'd get this v2 update sooner rather than later. Sounds like they've improved a lot of systems with it.

JNA

Banned

post-30210-Neo-WOAH-gif-WHOA-mind-blown-T-IkVq.gif

Daaaaaaamn...that is an amazing tip! Thanks for that! :D

JNA

Banned
Damn :(

Good to know at least.

Wish we'd get this v2 update sooner rather than later. Sounds like they've improved a lot of systems with it.

Yeah 2.0 sounds like a completely different ballgame (in a good way).

Is there something stopping Gumi from releasing v2 update sooner rather than later? 0_0

Azusa

Daaaaaaamn...that is an amazing tip! Thanks for that! :D

It doesn't work like that in this version.

40 lvl 3* still gives only 3 FR.

That's fantastic. I got three wizards and and archer sitting there now that I'm rolling with knights and soldiers only.

Edit: ah dang. Doesn't work for this version.

Jasconius

Wow, I finished Slay's chain story, and since the reward was 2 premium tickets, I decided to just throw them at the event - got two URs o_O

Cadet Karen, Travelling Flame Kiki

Now I have the unfamiliar problem of too many URs and not enough weapons, XP, gold, party cost, etc to go around....

Of course both of them have to use swords, too!

Yaari

Wow, I finished Slay's chain story, and since the reward was 2 premium tickets, I decided to just throw them at the event - got two URs o_O

Now I have the unfamiliar problem of too many URs and not enough weapons, XP, gold, party cost, etc to go around....

Wow.. 2? Damn.

Was it a long chain quest?

Jasconius

Wow.. 2? Damn.

Was it a long chain quest?

Yeah, 8 chapters, I think 3 fights ech chapter so 24? Most of them were really easy though, only the last chapter had even lvl 24 monsters, the rest were like 6-14 iirc...

Edit: Oh, you get a fortune ring at the end of each other chapter too, so 7 fortune rings?

Pbae

I really do believe that UR and SR are based off a server timer.

When I 10 pulled with demon coins, I would get Rares in a row or in close succession or none at all.

Even with my Prysma pulls I received UR back to back as well as SR back to back and those were my first and only Prysma pulls.

Top Bottom