• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Wow, so people are still pulling Juliana? I know a few people who managed to get her before this news post, but the fact that she's still available even after being told that she's not?

Gumi, you really need to get it together.

Yaari

Well I got that 4* they claimed they would introduce tomorrow. So either way they messed up somewhere. Unless there's a 5* of his.

Also, I am not sure if that guy really pulled her. Might be stirring things up. I'd advice against pulling but its your own money I guess.

Shouta

Damn, I mis-remembered. It's been a few months since I last played and I've lost my account since but it's just based on the rarity of the unit and not leveling it up to get Fortune Rings. R = 3 Rings, SR = 10 Rings, UR = 20 Rings.

As Rs can pop out of the Coin gatcha in the game, that's probably the best way to do it when just starting out. Also, i think XP Arcana III also gives 1 Ring per.

I play too many of these, so I'm getting them mixed up -_-

chrono01

Well I got that 4* they claimed they would introduce tomorrow. So either way they messed up somewhere. Unless there's a 5* of his.

Also, I am not sure if that guy really pulled her. Might be stirring things up. I'd advice against pulling but its your own money I guess.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's legit. The one that told me they pulled her is the Moderator of another Chain Chronicle forum I frequent. I doubt he'd lie about such things, and a few more of the members posted obtaining her too. This was before the news post, though.

She was definitely in there, although I'm not sure if she still is or not, though. I wouldn't take the risk personally, she will be back later.

Damn, I mis-remembered. It's been a few months since I last played and I've lost my account since but it's just based on the rarity of the unit and not leveling it up to get Fortune Rings. R = 3 Rings, SR = 10 Rings, UR = 20 Rings.

As Rs can pop out of the Coin gatcha in the game, that's probably the best way to do it when just starting out. Also, i think XP Arcana III also gives 1 Ring per.

I play too many of these, so I'm getting them mixed up -_-
Correct. 6* UR [like the "bugged" Kain during the past demon invasion] are good for 30 Fortune Rings too.

If you're just starting out, using your Arcana Coins in the recruit gatcha isn't a terrible idea. Keep in mind that when we get version 2 we'll have the option of using 2000 of those Arcana Coins to do a "premium" recruit which guarantees a 3* arcana. Now, it's not always a character [it can sometimes be a weapon/enhancer, which sells for 1 Fortune Ring each] but it's still a great way to earn a mass amount of Fortune Rings.

A lot of people, myself included, are saving their Arcana Coins for that. Granted, it'll likely be 6+ months away [unless Gumi escalates things], but when it is released we will be swimming in Fortune Rings.

Yaari

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's legit. The one that told me they pulled her is the Moderator of another Chain Chronicle forum I frequent. I doubt he'd lie about such things, and a few more of the members posted obtaining her too. This was before the news post, though.

She was definitely in there, although I'm not sure if she still is or not, though. I wouldn't take the risk personally, she will be back later.

Do you mean, this guy saying he pulled her just now, BigMike?

I know that she was in. But this guy is claiming he pulled her 10 minutes ago, and that I don't buy.

chrono01

Do you mean, this guy saying he pulled her just now, BigMike?

I know that she was in. But this guy is claiming he pulled her 10 minutes ago, and that I don't buy.
Sorry, I misread your comment. I thought you were implying that she was never in, not that she was and removed. The latter is a definite possibility.

The guy I was talking about was Matt, one of the Moderators on that forum. I'm unsure of this BigMike fellow, but a large number of people on that forum are very friendly/helpful. Of course, this is the Internet so that's not exactly enough to base assumptions on.

Basically, unless you have Prysma to burn, save it. Probably not worth the risk in trying to pull Juliana now, not after what Gumi said.

Shouta

Correct. 6* UR [like the "bugged" Kain during the past demon invasion] are good for 30 Fortune Rings too.

If you're just starting out, using your Arcana Coins in the recruit gatcha isn't a terrible idea. Keep in mind that when we get version 2 we'll have the option of using 2000 of those Arcana Coins to do a "premium" recruit which guarantees a 3* arcana. Now, it's not always a character [it can sometimes be a weapon/enhancer, which sells for 1 Fortune Ring each] but it's still a great way to earn a mass amount of Fortune Rings.

A lot of people, myself included, are saving their Arcana Coins for that. Granted, it'll likely be 6+ months away [unless Gumi escalates things], but when it is released we will be swimming in Fortune Rings.

Yeah. I stopped playing a few months ago after the Sen no Kiseki Collaboration event as that was the only reason I was paying the game at the time. I was running on fumes by the time it came out so I did it and then stopped. I uninstalled and forgot that this game doesn't save your data on uninstall. =| I had a lot of URs too.

chrono01

Yeah. I stopped playing a few months ago after the Sen no Kiseki Collaboration event as that was the only reason I was paying the game at the time. I was running on fumes by the time it came out so I did it and then stopped. I uninstalled and forgot that this game doesn't save your data on uninstall. =| I had a lot of URs too.
Damn, sorry to hear you lost your data. :(

They do a "Link to Facebook" option, which I'd definitely recommend. I basically made a Facebook account I use primarily for iOS saves [since Brave Frontier uses this system as well]. It helps safeguard against losing your account in case the data is corrupted and you have no choice but to uninstall/reinstall, or if you lose your phone. It also lets you play on that account through other devices [if you want to].

They also give you a...3* All Enhancer [I believe, it's been a while so my memory might be hazy on that] for linking it. Not a bad added incentive

elty

Dumb question, but where do you see a list of cards (including enhancer) you currently have?

Also, how do you use those weapon card?

Shouta

I'm not really broken up about losing the data. I just wanted to test the Fortune Rings with my old account, lol.

chrono01

How do I find a chain story quest for those characters that give out those tickets? 0_0
If you have a Chain Story character you should already have the first part of their quest unlocked. If you don't, it means it's not in the game yet. All you can do is wait.

Dumb question, but where do you see a list of cards (including enhancer) you currently have?

Also, how do you use those weapon card?
Go to Party and then Sub, that should list all of the cards you have.

As for weapons, you use them just like you do any of the XP enhancers. Choose the character you want to upgrade the weapon of and then select the weapon as material. You can only upgrade to a weapon that the class can use [so no bow for Mages, or spear for Solders, etc.] and you can't go from a C-Rank weapon to an A-Rank one. You need to first upgrade to a B-Rank before you can go to A-Rank.

Go to Party and then Sub, that should list all of the cards you have.

As for weapons, you use them just like you do any of the XP enhancers. Choose the character you want to upgrade the weapon of and then select the weapon as material. You can only upgrade to a weapon that the class can use [so no bow for Mages, or spear for Solders, etc.] and you can't go from a C-Rank weapon to an A-Rank one. You need to first upgrade to a B-Rank before you can go to A-Rank.

Note, weapons aren't limited by class but by characters. Sure most mages will use wands but some uses swords. You can check what type of weapon your unit can equip by seeing their currently equipped weapon or if the new weapon is highlighted.

chrono01

Note, weapons aren't limited by class but by characters. Sure most mages will use wands but some uses swords. You can check what type of weapon your unit can equip by seeing their currently equipped weapon or if the new weapon is highlighted.
Yeah, Rune Fencers [Mages] use Swords, but to my knowledge no Mages uses a bow which is why I mentioned it.

Basically, as dakkumauji said, just check what they're currently equipped with to know what type of weapon they use. Granted, the game won't allow you to upgrade it with anything other anyway, but at least it'll let you know which weapons you should/shouldn't keep.

I keep all weapons personally, since I never know when I'll need them.

Shouta

But what about the Sen no Kiseki cards?

/still holding on hope we'll get some collaboration here

I had an Alicia UR but like I said i wasn't playing the game much so it's no big, lol. Not like I spent any money on it.

She was a super good Archer though. Her skill, Judgement Arrow, costed 2 mana, but shot 5 arrows out randomly and then one shot down her line for huge damage. Her secondary ability, Heaven's Gift let you start a battle with +2 Archer mana and healed your units every wave for about 13% HP. She also has one other ability that let her revive if she's killed one but usually, if your archer dies, it's game over, lol.

Bombless

Still at 63 rings. Not sure which 3* to get rid of to grab Deed. On the other hand, I still have plenty of time to do it so I'll just work on leveling them up and maybe I'll get more rings through other ways.

Yaari

Hmm... I just got Holy Queen Juliana. Haven't followed the thread much, but why is she being pulled?

Just, as in just now? She was pulled out (apparently) 10 hours ago. If you just got her, that's interesting.

As to why, they don't want her available yet. A mistake. I don't know why.

Zhengi

Just, as in just now? She was pulled out (apparently) 10 hours ago. If you just got her, that's interesting.

As to why, they don't want her available yet. A mistake. I don't know why.

Yeah, as in just now. Oh, didn't realize they pulled her. No idea why I got her then. She's my first ultra rare, and I got her on the 2nd try with 50 rings.

Edit: Not rings, coins.

Edit 2: Hmm... apparently, more typos. That prysmia thing, however you spell it. Hopefully I don't lose her.

Typo.

Bombless

didn't you reroll right before the demon raid? How'd you so much rings.

I was super lucky with demon coin pulls. Had a ton of 3* from it (mostly dupes, which made selling them an easy choice) and then there was Katarith herself. Also got a few rings from the daily log in bonus.

Yeah, as in just now. Oh, didn't realize they pulled her. No idea why I got her then. She's my first ultra rare, and I got her on the 2nd try with 50 rings.

What?

Krorg

After being locked out of completing Slay's quest I'll wait and see if the new ones actually work before starting any of them.

garath

So I just got Kain to 40 finally. How do I go about getting his XP boost sword? I'm guessing I have to complete his first quest then I'll unlock the next quest for the sword? 30 ap for that silly ability quest :/

chrono01

So I just got Kain to 40 finally. How do I go about getting his XP boost sword? I'm guessing I have to complete his first quest then I'll unlock the next quest for the sword? 30 ap for that silly ability quest :/
Yeah, you need to do their first quest.

And 30AP is a lot. >_<

zadig

Neo Member
does anyone here play JP besides me?

Me! :) But I'm still really lousy there as I mainly play the Vita version.

I couldn't get into the English version at all (downloaded and deleted the app a few times), probably because by the time it released it was the third time I was playing from the beginning and my patience only lasts so long.

Vylash

Me! :) But I'm still really lousy there as I mainly play the Vita version.

I couldn't get into the English version at all (downloaded and deleted the app a few times), probably because by the time it released it was the third time I was playing from the beginning and my patience only lasts so long.

you should add me

elty

So are you supposed to level up all those 1/2 card to max level for quest? Or just finish the initial one and sell them? I have so many random 1 star card waiting to be dump.

My friend ID is 152,732,702 in game name is GG, using lv 12 Nimpha

Vylash

Just sent you a request. :) I'm &#12475;&#12471;&#12523; in-game with a level 20+ Theresa. Are you playing the majin raid event that's on at the moment? I haven't started on it yet.

nah, i'm focusing on getting more cash right now, haven't even touched the event, plan on starting fairly soon though

johnsmith

remember me
Oh wow. I had no idea the rewards for finishing the chain story were so good. Too bad my 2 premium ticket rolls were crap. At least I got Phoena.

zadig

Neo Member
nah, i'm focusing on getting more cash right now, haven't even touched the event, plan on starting fairly soon though

Hmm, I don't think I've really run out of gold yet. :D; I feel the game throws gold at you just for logging in regularly (especially in the Vita version, one of the login stamps every week is 50,000 gold), but the weekend quests drop gold instead of levelling up arcana. And so do some of the free quests in the Tower of Sages map.

I wish the party cost were less strict in the mobile version though. I'm still forced to use the main character, but he's kind of bad at fighting so he always ends up relegated to a back row doing nothing while my friend support does the fighting in his place. :\

Rixa

So, due to randomness of getting chests from these Daily events. Is it worth to spend AP's, just used 40 aps and got 2 chests / 2 enchanters.

Is 3* Rare highest you can get from Arcana pulls?

Do you sell 1* for the money or use them for helping the of characters leveling?

Does Latty learn new skills? Seems that in that intermediate event (20 AP's) enemies blind(?) and Latty cant remove the blindness.

Are there other benefits being party leader than that other players can loan it?
I putted Latty for leader :p.

zadig

Neo Member
Are chain stories the storyline quests for certain super/ultra rare characters?

Chain stories are the story quests that unlock when you get certain characters (but you also need to have had at some point certain other connected characters in order to progress through the chain story). Slay (I think that's his name? the scarred knight guy that appears in the introduction tutorial) also unlocks one, and he's a 3* unit.

So, due to randomness of getting chests from these Daily events. Is it worth to spend AP's, just used 40 aps and got 2 chests / 2 enchanters.

Is 3* Rare highest you can get from Arcana pulls?

Do you sell 1* for the money or use them for helping the of characters leveling?

Does Latty learn new skills? Seems that in that intermediate event (20 AP's) enemies blind(?) and Latty cant remove the blindness.

Are there other benefits being party leader than that other players can loan it?
I putted Latty for leader :p.

I guess it might be worth it if you need the enhancers? I usually try to open all the chests in the Daily Quests in order to also get a fortune ring. If it hasn't been mentioned already, the fortune rings can be used to exchange for 5* characters.

From my experience, 3* cards are the highest that one can get from Arcana pulls.

I usually use my 1*s for levelling, but I'm not sure how optimal it really is.

All the skills a character can learn are shown on their card, though some may be greyed out (and inactive) if you haven't completed their character quest yet. Also, some weapons provide a skill.

The only benefit of party leader is for other players to borrow it, which in turn gives you arcana coins. Players usually put their strongest character.

JNA

Banned
I think I'm going to try and level up my Nimpha as fast as I can. Anybody know the best quest to grind/level her consistently?

Top Bottom