• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Well buddy this isn't america. You don't hear many people saying this kind of things in my country.

So keep thinking about your tax dollars. We'd rather think about justice and civilization.

This.

What the fuck is up with people's blood-lust in this thread?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well buddy this isn't america. You don't hear many people saying this kind of things in my country.

So keep thinking about your tax dollars. We'd rather think about justice and civilization.

Also, from a more subjective point of view:
40-50 years in jail are much more of a punishment then a bullet to the head.

Kabouter

Eric Zemmour a known shithead with mostly stupid ideas wrote a successful book about how Islam is the problem with France right now and French people should do like Charles Martel and drove them back south to Spain or something.
I think somehow the point would be that that all this is performance art to advertise his book or somethign.
That's what I got from that post.

That's what I got from it too, but I wanted to give him a chance to clarify before banning, so I'll wait another half an hour or so and then ban if he doesn't.

dakun

They would have probarly found more solace knowing they would spend the rest of their lives in prison.

debatable but it's not my place to speculate.. but if killing them meant saving the hostages and the lives of the police that were shot at, so be it.

Violet_0

Banned
I'm glad they were killed and not captured.. no reason to even waste time and money on them. They don't deserve a second of our day.

information is more important than revenge. Why they did it, how they did it, was anyone else involved ... it's always better when the terrorists are captured alive

I'll wait confirmation that all hostages are safe to celebrate but this already seems like a big success for the police/gendarmerie.

Props to them. You guys are awesome.

I wished the bastards were caught alive but hey nice troll from God to have the Vincennes one die in a Kosher shop.

Odah

Banned
BFMTV video angle on the grocery store raid, its the one where those hostage/flashbang pics come from:

https://mediacru.sh/oZmMp_f5ZcEm

looks like after they gunned the terrorist on the ground the guy with the glock made sure he's dead and emptied his magazine into him. Judging from the footage. Amazing work by RAID

edit: that explosion was definetly a flashbang. Too small for a grenade or something. I had firecrackers which make bigger explosions.

I saw your earliest post with Pablo Iglesia's twitter answer to Marie LePen .

As an european and spanish, these sumbags are better off dead. They're just killers beyond salvation.

debatable but it's not my place to speculate.. but if killing them meant saving the hostages and the lives of the police that were shot at, so be it.

I doubt anyone is losing sleep about them being dead. But some important intel could have been gained.

abzyshaid

Banned
We have unconfirmed reports from Sky sources that French police hacked video surveillance at Vincennes and communicated by phone with one of the hostages.

from sky news

MedIC86

As an european and spanish, these sumbags are better off dead. They're just killers beyond salvation.

Prison isnt always about changing or salvation. IMO spending the rest of your life in a small room more of a punishment then dying and not knowing anything about it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Wow, one of the hostages communicated with the police the entire time. That's the fucking definition of a hero. Damn.

Beaulieu

I saw your earliest post with Pablo Iglesia's twitter answer to Marie LePen .

yes. better now knowing the names of their accomplices or even if they even did it. lets kill everyone without trial.

you stupid dumbfuck.

Jag

Do we know whether it was a coincidence they went to a Kosher supermarket or was it intentional?

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 1m1 minute ago
French ambassador to U.S.@GerardAraud tweets: "The kosher supermarket has been stormed. The terrorist is dead. The hostages are alive."

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I would have preferred the scumbags to be trialed and spend the rest of their lives in prison, but this was such a well done operation. Kudos to the French police for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom