• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What is the other situation that's happening?

Crazy how it's all kicking off in France now, apparently MI5 are on high alert for an attack in the UK

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Ah okay. So is this the one they captured, or would there be another one?

I imagine this is the one they 'captured', I could also be remembering wrong. She may have turned herself in or been captured, but she's definitely in custody. I think all other reports indicate that the guy who was actually in the kosher market is dead.

Skele7on

Banned
shame they're dead. They would have been far more useful alive.

What is the other situation that's happening?

Crazy how it's all kicking off in France now, apparently MI5 are on high alert for an attack in the UK

According to bbc last night our status never changed we were always on serious.

Just arrived home. What about the hostages / wounded?

The situation outside of Paris: Kouachi Bros are dead, maybe have come out firing. Hostage is safe. One GIGN soldier wounded.

Kosher Supermarket situation also over. Gunman dead and 2 RAID officers wounded. Hostages seen leaving. Reports of a second terrorist apprehended.

Nicholas Vinocur ‏@NicholasVinocur 35s36 seconds ago
Two #CharlieHebdo suspects killed in assault, Kosher supermarket hostage-taker killed in assault - govt source #Reuters

Alx

Good for the hostages. I didn't really expect the terrorrists to be caught alive anyway...

G.ZZZ

It's a cult of death, to deny them what they seek is far worse a reality for them than bullets to the head.

Pretty much. To kill them is to do what they believe in, justice through death. A process and a carceration for life would've have been much more simbolically powerful.

Was the terrorist in the grocery store the third person from the Charlie Hebdo murders yesterday? I remember that one person handed themselves in yesterday but I don't know whether he was actually involved or not.

S1kkZ

looks like there is one terrorist on the run in paris, couls be the woman from the wanted pictures. source: german tv station n24, they have a reporter on the scene.

keuja

Apparently the terrorist of the Porte de Vincennes is alive and got captured.

edit: sorry conflicting info between itele.fr and bfmtv...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
BBC finally showed the video of the assault on the supermarket. You could see several hostages being rushed out to safety afterwards, including at list one child.

HoosTrax

It's a cult of death, to deny them what they seek is far worse a reality for them than bullets to the head.
Not worth the cost to the families and victims to have to go through a trial. Look at how some of the twisted supporters of Tsarnaev are trolling the victims.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Shit...glad that it's finally over at least.. is it confirmed that most/all of the hostages came out alive and that no more officers were injured/killed?

Looks like GIGN did an amazing job at containing the situation.

Nugg

Sky News is showing a picture of ALL hostages from supermarket being freed!

How can you be sure it's all of them? We don't even know how many there were. I'm still cautious, until they have time to check the entire building. Is a damn supermarket, it's large.

Beaulieu

I don't know why people want the terrorists alive. They will just be held in jail for 20 years then released. In jail they will be with more crazies feeding themselves more hate and pride. Kill them off and be done with it. There is little information to be extracted from them.

nice mentality there buddy.
what if it wasn't them ? what if they had accomplices authorities don't know about ?
you have any clue about how the world works ? are you 14 ?

Shito

Apparently, there was another "person" killed at the supermarket, who was with Coulibaly, says the BFMTV expert, who has relations in the police force.

Lach

I'm glad it's over.
Getting them alive would have been preferable, to get some background, answers and prevent them from becoming martyrs for like-minded people. But I'm sure the police did what was best in the situation.

Mael

Ok so this is how it ends.
It's too bad that they didn't have the courage to face the justice of men but in the end no one should miss them, they were scum.
If there is a god he is giving them their just reward.
Alternatively....
6479937145_31fcf5a9b8_z.jpg

Naix

Banned
To recapitulate recent events in France

20.12.2014 - On saturday a man stabbed three policemen in the name of radical islam in suburbs Tours and was shot afterwards

21.12.2014 - On sunday evening another man, allegedly mentally ill, drove a car in Dijon onto pedestrians, 13 were injured, he was then arrested by police

22.12.2014 - During one of the last events on monday evening, another allegedly mentally ill driver injured 10 people at christmas markets in Nantes by driving into them. One of the people injured died recently. The attacker stabbed himself, survived and will be interviewed.

31.12.2014 – As every year, muslim immigrant gangs set fire to other people's cars, this year slightly less then last (only 940 set alight compared to last year's 1067).

07.01.2015 – Attack on Charlie Hebdo – 12 people dead including journalists and policemen, 11 people wounded.

08.01.2015 – In Montrouge and Malakoff street sweeper shot, wounded and also policewoman shot and killed.

08.01.2015 - In Villefranche-sur-Saone near Lyon, a bomb went off in a restaurant on thursday morning. Thankfully nobody was harmed.

09. 01. 2015 - attacker in Paris kills two people in a Kosher shop, has hostages.

This past month has been terrible for France. I hope things will get better.

Good to see civilians safe.

Yeah and it´s all happening right after a huge media promotion for Zemmour's book, which claim Islam is the real problem in France.

How very convenient.

Osahi

Better off dead. Don't need to spend French tax money on feeding them.

I think it shows how civilized your society is if you don't mind keeping even the worst of criminals alive and well in prison, and don't fall into an eye for an eye logic. They wanted to undermine our values, don't Let them win by putting your values aside.

Koren

Ah okay. So is this the one they captured, or would there be another one?
It seems that a man with weapons entered the supermarket *after* the beginning of the attack, so they may have been two inside.

TVs says that one terrorist has been "neutralized" in Vincennes, not sure what make of this.

In Daummartin, it seems that the terrorists tried an exit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The flashbang/breaking device at the feet of the policemen during the assault at the market was scary as hell. I thought the terrorist had hurled a grenade at them.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So the 18 year old who surrendered was innocent? Are all three of these terrorists today the three from Wendsday?

In the BFMTV footage it looked like the first flashbang exploded directly in front of the entrance inbetween the RAID assaulters, lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom