• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything it shows that the brothers were serious about not killing the hostage. They could've killed them at any time and if they were willing to go out as martyrs I very much doubt the cared if they took the hostage with them.

It's very good that the hostage is a live, but it's a huge shame that the brothers will never be made to face justice.

True. If they were smart enough to not kill " innocent " then why were they so stupid to think it's okay to kill cartoonist... my god I'm so sad

Denton

To recapitulate recent events in France

20.12.2014 - On saturday a man stabbed three policemen in the name of radical islam in suburbs Tours and was shot afterwards

21.12.2014 - On sunday evening another man, allegedly mentally ill, drove a car in Dijon onto pedestrians, 13 were injured, he was then arrested by police

22.12.2014 - During one of the last events on monday evening, another allegedly mentally ill driver injured 10 people at christmas markets in Nantes by driving into them. One of the people injured died recently. The attacker stabbed himself, survived and will be interviewed.

31.12.2014 – As every year, muslim immigrant gangs set fire to other people's cars, this year slightly less then last (only 940 set alight compared to last year's 1067).

07.01.2015 – Attack on Charlie Hebdo – 12 people dead including journalists and policemen, 11 people wounded.

08.01.2015 – In Montrouge and Malakoff street sweeper shot, wounded and also policewoman shot and killed.

08.01.2015 - In Villefranche-sur-Saone near Lyon, a bomb went off in a restaurant on thursday morning. Thankfully nobody was harmed.

09. 01. 2015 - attacker in Paris kills two people in a Kosher shop, has hostages.

This past month has been terrible for France. I hope things will get better.

Good to see civilians safe.

Rich!

Well I mean they will be considered martyrs to other terrorists and will now never face true justice.

Absolutely, it is ridiculous. I hope they like their stay in hell.

Well yeah, I just - as an atheist - cannot believe how anyone could be so fucking stupid. It's a fucking shame.

But hey, I'm not going to say anything else on the matter. It's a damn tragedy all due to extremetism. Assholes.

73V3N

Banned
What minds? They're dead. There's no afterlife. The second they were killed it was over, their minds completely ceased to be - and they'll never know otherwise. Excellent work, fuckheads.

They've killed innocents and been killed themselves for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Their minds cease to exist now.

i think he meant "their minds" as the minds of the people that are like those two

e Associated Press ‏@AP 40s41 seconds ago
BREAKING: Police official: Suspects in Charlie Hebdo massacre killed, hostage freed.

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 53s53 seconds ago
#BREAKING Killed Charlie Hebdo suspects came out firing on security forces: source

BS Evening News ‏@CBSEveningNews 38s39 seconds ago
BREAKING: Hostage taker at the kosher grocery store is dead, police confirm to @elizapalmer http://cbsn.cbsnews.com

Ambulances at the supermarket. It's over.

Still. It looked like explosives got thrown outside. It might be the assault force reaching the other side of the building.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
keep the terrorists alive though. Each time one of them dies in these assaults, we get a dead end in the investigation, and handful of conspiracy theories and extremists praising new martyrs :/

Just heard a commentator on Diane Rehm say that it's actually not a priority of the French government to keep terrorists alive (for investigative purposes), due to the imprisoned terrorists becoming a focus for demands to release them by Islamists overseas and apparently in France.

kmax

AFP Photo Department @AFPphoto
Several hostages freed at Jewish supermarket in Paris. Photo Thomas Samson #AFP

Agence France-Presse @AFP
#BREAKING Killed Charlie Hebdo suspects came out firing on security forces: source

Mimosa97

nfos140 ‏@infos140 2 minil y a 2 minutes
URGENT FUSILLADE PARIS 2 policiers du RAID blessés sérieusement, porte de Vincennes (BFMTV)

infos140 ‏@infos140 2 minil y a 2 minutes
URGENT FUSILLADE 77 Un militaire du GIGN blessé à Dammartin

Urgent Gunfire in paris : 2 police officers from the RAID (special forces) seriously wounded at Vincennes === kasher shop

Urgent gunfire One GIGN soldier wounded at Dammartin === where the two brothers were killed

Frodo

e Associated Press ‏@AP 40s41 seconds ago
BREAKING: Police official: Suspects in Charlie Hebdo massacre killed, hostage freed.

Agence France-Presse ‏@AFP 53s53 seconds ago

Wish they would have lived, but I'm glad the hostage might have lived.

GuessWho

I don't know why people want the terrorists alive. They will just be held in jail for 20 years then released. In jail they will be with more crazies feeding themselves more hate and pride. Kill them off and be done with it. There is little information to be extracted from them.

That's great news, sadly the hostage takers could not be arrested, it would be great for them to stay locked up and see that their work was for nothing and that people still got on with their lives.

Koren

Figers crossed for policement and hostages...

There may have indeed been two terrorists in Vincennes, and the second one (possibly the woman whose picture has been shown) may have been taken alive. That could be a really good thing, enough to warrant a useful, and maybe get some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom