• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlie Hebdo attacks - Hostage situations ended, 4 hostages reportedly killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm osi

Damn, the suspects are dead. Was hoping they were to be held to justice. And now they are "martyrs" in their twisted minds. :/

eh, i don't know. that would imply a defense attorney and even a slight chance of a penalty reduction. and maybe other attacks asking for their release.
let them be dead

Mimosa97

#counterterroristswin

9b5b9138b69df1c664bd22429a85bfd641f94067bcbdbe55cf151c8ea4bc7550.jpg

fanboi

Banned
I don't know why people want the terrorists alive. They will just be held in jail for 20 years then released. In jail they will be with more crazies feeding themselves more hate and pride. Kill them off and be done with it. There is little information to be extracted from them.

No they wouldnt be relaeased. And we want justice, not blood

Ensirius

I'm so confused. How many situations are there?

Two.

One in a grocery store and one outside Paris where the two brothers were holding a hostage. Both the brothers are DEAD and the hostage SAFE.
It is believed 6 hostages were held in the grocery store. We do not know what has happened there.

G.O.O.

I don't know why people want the terrorists alive. They will just be held in jail for 20 years then released. In jail they will be with more crazies feeding themselves more hate and pride. Kill them off and be done with it. There is little information to be extracted from them.
Because dying was all they wanted.

Juicy Bob

Really disappointed by the way a few of the major media outlets have handled this situation.

You need to wait until things are actually, properly officially confirmed before you start sharing that information with the public.

Mimosa97

What ?

Please stop saying non-sense.

Osahi

Too bad they are dead. I wanted them to face justice and be incarcerated for the rest of their lives.

And damn, Vincennes is so close. When i visit Paris i always stay in a little hotel in Vincennes, not too far away from that supermarket. Such a nice neighbourhood

Corgi

Banned
any good article summary of the hostage situation? Or just the whole thing in general after the shooting at the comics office place?

Zaph

Bet the grocery store terrorist felt like a dumbass before he died - took hostages to help the brothers escape, only for them to take the suicide-by-police route.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If all the hostages are truly safe, then congrats to the police etc. involved. Once I heard about hostages I figured it would only end one (bad) way.

What a messed up couple of days.

StayDead

Looks like the brothers opened fire first, they got out of the building shooting at the GIGN

They had no intention of really ever surviving this, you see it quite a lot with even mass shootings where the people wait until the very last second and kill themselves. Had they stayed inside police officers at least more than two would've been injured or even killed I'd imagine. I guess they figured they achieved what they set out to do and went to go and die.

No justice will be served, but hopefully this event has made Europe stronger as everyone has joint together in remembrance for the poor people who died these past few days at the hands of extremism.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member

It's a cult of death, to deny them what they seek is far worse a reality for them than bullets to the head.

Koren

I don't know why people want the terrorists alive. They will just be held in jail for 20 years then released.
To avoid making them martyrs and examples (and also get some answers). There's a reason they never surrender: that serves their cause.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, there's now a mechanism to prevent someone dangerous from leaving jail, even when they reach the end of the initial sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom