• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

LiK

Nemesis556 said:
Could you give me some hints for how to get better scores, at least? >_>

I love the game but I am finding it hard to get anything above four stars =(

Beauty has so far been the most disappointing, too slow for my liking.
The most I can get is 4 stars. But from what Wario said, its all about getting 8 lockons and firing them to the rhythm and getting the perfects consecutively for multipliers.

goldenpp72

I'm starting to get a bit discouraged here trying to gold star the first world, yet I can't even reach 100 percent purification of the first part of the level despite seemingly getting everyone, it ends on 95 percent.. Anyone have tips for 100 percent purification?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
goldenpp72 said:
I'm starting to get a bit discouraged here trying to gold star the first world, yet I can't even reach 100 percent purification of the first part of the level despite seemingly getting everyone, it ends on 95 percent.. Anyone have tips for 100 percent purification?

The end of the first section has 2 multi-8x hit enemies. I think it requires two or three 8x attacks and if you don't kill the first one in time, the 2nd one wont appear and it'll appear like you killed everyone. That's my guess.

Nemesis_

Yeah, I don't know what beat to release too. I get it about 80% of the time but sometimes I just ruin it and lose my multiplier.

What's the Euphoria Bonus? Everytime I use Euphoria I get nothing. >_>

The beat is always the downbeat, the natural one you would tap to.

The euphoria bonus is if you don't use your euporhia at all in the stage.. or I think just have 2 when it finished.. not sure what the max is.

goldenpp72

Wario64 said:
The end of the first section has 2 multi-8x hit enemies. I think it requires two or three 8x attacks and if you don't kill the first one in time, the 2nd one wont appear and it'll appear like you killed everyone. That's my guess.

I always see 2 spawn so i'm not sure what's wrong, I've gotten 100 percent there randomly before but yeah.

Amazing experience but my Kinect sensor keeps losing me (didn't happen with Dance Central). :( Guess the lighting must be different somehow since I last played.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
robut said:
Amazing experience but my Kinect sensor keeps losing me (didn't happen with Dance Central). :( Guess the lighting must be different somehow since I last played.

Has it been moved recently? Try recalibrating it in the Kinect tuner. I was playing in the dark and it had no trouble tracking me.

StudioTan said:
Has it been moved recently? Try recalibrating it in the Kinect tuner. I was playing in the dark and it had no trouble tracking me.

Recalibrating helped but it's still loses connection on occasion.

Loving the game but am I alone in thinking the gates in 3 and onward are BS? Lots of enemies are clustered together but these gates are so far apart I feel like I have to do windmills to hit them. 9/10 I get owned by them. It's one of the few times I think I'd do better with a controller and get frustrated.

This is only after like an hour of play, though.

ultron87

This game isn't going to be in 3D on PS3 is it? I feel like this could be a 3D killer app.

And by killer app, I mean the sensory overload would literally kill you. In the best way possible.

After playing through Rez again yesterday I pretty much convinced myself to pick this up. Going to go buy a copy today, it will be nice to use the Kinect again for a change.

ultron87 said:
This game isn't going to be in 3D on PS3 is it? I feel like this could be a 3D killer app.

And by killer app, I mean the sensory overload would literally kill you. In the best way possible.
3D has been hinted at for the PS3:

Miz said:
"It's really immersive to make a 3D experience for the game but we haven't announced it yet. Sony has [support for] 3D glasses and the Move Controller on PS3 but we haven't announced it.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/297954/child-of-eden-ps3-set-for-3d-support/

Doodis

Played through the first level last night, I absolutely loved the opening visuals with Lumi in nature. So beautiful.

However, I did have the Kinect sensor error pop up on me twice. Anyone have that problem all the way through the game?

Also, dumb question, but are you supposed to use your left hand or right hand to pick up the power ups? I was using my right hand, but there was no "lock" on the target and I couldn't tell if I was getting it or not.

Doodis said:
Played through the first level last night, I absolutely loved the opening visuals with Lumi in nature. So beautiful.

However, I did have the Kinect sensor error pop up on me twice. Anyone have that problem all the way through the game?

Also, dumb question, but are you supposed to use your left hand or right hand to pick up the power ups? I was using my right hand, but there was no "lock" on the target and I couldn't tell if I was getting it or not.
I have been getting that sensor error too, not sure why. Some people on GameFAQs claim that if you install it to your HDD you're more likely to get that error, sounds unlikely though.

You can get pickups with either hand.

LaneDS

Couldn't wait for the PS3 one, couldn't wait for Gamefly to send it ($8 down the drain more or less... might try Shadows of the Damned next week I suppose), and ended up picking it up from Toys'R'Us for $39.99. Excited to go home and give it a try.

Does anyone know how to chose what's in Lumi's garden or is it always random? I wanna deck that thing out with stuff but it's always just one of the ones I have unlocked.. usually the most recent.

This is one game I couldn't even imagine playing with a standard controller - it just seems like its naturally built for Kinect controls.

Would it be fair to describe this game as a second generation Kinect title? As in, it may be taking advantage of improvements made to the Kinect since launch?

LiK

NullPointer said:
This is one game I couldn't even imagine playing with a standard controller - it just seems like its naturally built for Kinect controls.

Would it be fair to describe this game as a second generation Kinect title? As in, it may be taking advantage of improvements made to the Kinect since launch?

iirc, controller was the original control method but they added Kinect later. the original Kinect demo wasn't very good from reports cuz of the lag input. Q fixed up the lag input from feedback so i guess it's much better now.

NullPointer said:
Perhaps. Considering the very different control scheme it was demonstrated with last year...

Why I might not be so sure about that, is the fact that the SDK improvements discussed around GDC would seem to me to be kind of late in dev cycle considering that was around 3 months ago.

yo_soy_el_topo said:
Does anyone know how to chose what's in Lumi's garden or is it always random? I wanna deck that thing out with stuff but it's always just one of the ones I have unlocked.. usually the most recent.
Is Lumi's garden just the stuff that plays in the menu screen?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm kinda disappointed with the extras I've seen so far. Only real unlockable that's cool is that new visual mode after beating it. Hoping there's lots more like Rez. Is there even a Beyond type mode that has you going through all stages in 1 run?

AwShucks

Wario64 said:
Not sure if it's just me, but I'm kinda disappointed with the extras I've seen so far. Only real unlockable that's cool is that new visual mode after beating it. Hoping there's lots more like Rez. Is there even a Beyond type mode that has you going through all stages in 1 run?

That is the one thing that so far I am disappointed I haven't heard of or seen, is the single run playthrough of all the stages. I don't want to go to the menu in between levels.

yo_soy_el_topo said:

You switch gardens with bumpers RB LB :)

Coin Return said:
You've got some pretty damn high scores on the controller side!

Thanks mate, I made some higher ones but I just found out I was disconnected from live lol Anyway, those might be high for now, but trust in a matter of days people will get way better scores than mine :)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I have been staying away from media for this game, but one of my friends just told me that this game is 90 minutes long. I haven't looked through the thread and just need some clarification on this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FootNinja said:
I have been staying away from media for this game, but one of my friends just told me that this game is 90 minutes long. I haven't looked through the thread and just need some clarification on this.

Is it a surprise? Sequel to Rez and stuff.

StuBurns

Banned
FootNinja said:
I thought about that, but isn't this game 60 dollars? I payed XBLA money for rez. Forgive my ignorance if it isn't 60 dollars.
Rez HD was a port of Rez though, Rez was a normal retail game.

FootNinja said:
Makes sense I guess, but I'm too cheap to spend 50 dollars for 90 minutes of content. I will definitely get this down the line.

Well if you going to just beat the game and that's it than maybe it isn't a game for you. This game has crazy amount of juice. Well there might be only 6 levels but it doesn't mean the game ends after that. I already have around 20 hours in it and I'm just warming up. It's not kind of a game that you finish and you put it back on shelf, you play, you enjoy and you coming back to it as often as possible. :)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
H3rTz DoNuT said:
Well if you going to just beat the game and that's it than maybe it isn't a game for you. This game has crazy amount of juice. Well there might be only 6 levels but it doesn't mean the game ends after that. I already have around 20 hours in it and I'm just warming up. It's not kind of a game that you finish and you put it back on shelf, you play, you enjoy and you coming back to it as often as possible. :)
I get that. Thing is, I can pay 50 dollars for a game with a ton more content and then have replay value on top of that. I am not trying to bad mouth this game in any way, but I cant rationalize 50 dollars for something that (based on what I am hearing) has content comparable to some 15 dollar xbla games. At this point I am adding nothing to the thread though, enjoy this bad ass game, people.

FootNinja said:
I get that. Thing is, I can pay 50 dollars for a game with a ton more content and then have replay value on top of that. I am not trying to bad mouth this game in any way, but I cant rationalize 50 dollars for something that (based on what I am hearing) has content comparable to some 15 dollar xbla games. At this point I am adding nothing to the thread though, enjoy this bad ass game, people.

Now that is how you respectfully disagree.

robot

Played last night with the controller and so far prefer Kinect. My scores/stars were actually higher using Kinect too - either I'm really awesome with Kinect or god damn awful with the controller!

goldenpp72

god this is insane, i finally mastered all of the waves in level 1 aiming for the gold star, but somehow I miss 1 percent somewhere in the last wave? lol, what can even be missed there :/

My finger hurts

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I dont understand the last battle, when
I think it's the last phase of the battle, there's a purple ring that closes on to Lumi, then it fires a ring of bullets to you and it's like impossible to deflect them all. How do you avoid getting attacked that part? I think first time through I used euphorias but I want my bonuses.

Wario64 said:
I think it's the last phase of the battle, there's a purple ring that closes on to Lumi, then it fires a ring of bullets to you and it's like impossible to deflect them all. How do you avoid getting attacked that part? I think first time through I used euphorias but I want my bonuses.

I'm not sure exactly what phase are you having problems with, cause there are two with purple ring so I give the tips for both :).

If it's the one that you have to shoot red squares and the purple ring is closing on you then you have to destroy everything before the ring closes itself. Shoot like crazy, don't use full lock on cause you gonna lose your multiply, instead lock on 6 or 7 targets. You gonna have to do it very fast and a lot of times, cause the ring closes very fast. Do it until you have only one enemy left and it turns purple, now use your tracer (left trigger, left hand on kinect) and shoot it until it brakes into pieces. Now only thing you have to do is to shoot the core. Repeat two or three times, depends how fast are you doing it.

If you are talking about the phase before, with red flying things, than you just have to kill them all before purple ring closes. If you do it you'll be able to damage the core. Again, do it two or three times, depends on speed.

I hope it helps at least a little :)

I have a question too, does anyone know how to unlock the last visual effect? It is the only thing I need to get 100% extras. It might be given for beating Hope archive, but I'm not sure,haven't beat it yet . I have Trip and Memories so far, if anyone knows what I'm missing and how to get it please let me know.

Temujin

Wario64 said:

I didn't get this either at first, but on my last run I just kept firing at the purple rings with the Tracer (RT), which purified them and stopped that bullet ring from appearing. Could be a coincidence since I only did it once, but it makes sense I guess (seeing as you have to purify purple things with RT)

d0c_zaius

Doodis said:

I had that problem, and I even had it happen when I was in controller mode O_0. And of course there wasnt any actual problem as I was able to control the cursor just fine.

Its the only thing that might be annoying enough to get me to return the kinect and just use the controller, even though I think the kinect controls are amazing for this game.

Top Bottom