• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[CNBC] Activist investor to push Ubisoft to sell itself to private equity firms or to Tencent

Ozriel

M$FT
Look, the companies themselves publicly and proudly claim that DEI is very important to their operations. Here is Ubisoft page on it:

They LITERALLY say that it is "at the heart of what they do." One of the main points of that page is how they "embed representation" in their "content." Note: CONTENT. So, somehow they get it both ways, they can claim that DEI is super important, but then they have defenders who say it has nothing to do with their game output or how the games perform.

I wonder if some of you are truly unaware that DEI also includes accessibility settings in games? Or even diversity in character design in F2P/Live service MP games?

Again, most of the reviews criticizing Shadows are focused on the significant amount of bugs, poor stealth sections and half-assed systems.

Ubisoft needs to do better with their quality. Hopefully the 3-4 months extension they’ve set for AC Shadows helps them land it better.

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wonder if some of you are truly unaware that DEI also includes accessibility settings in games? Or even diversity in character design in F2P/Live service MP games?

Again, most of the reviews criticizing Shadows are focused on the significant amount of bugs, poor stealth sections and half-assed systems.

Ubisoft needs to do better with their quality. Hopefully the 3-4 months extension they’ve set for AC Shadows helps them land it better.
And I wonder why it's so hard for you to grasp that when they say they "embed representation in their content", it means that they embed representation in their content, which leads to character design decisions like the ones we've seen in their recent games.

Yea, Star Wars Outlaws was obviously rushed and sucks. But you're just sticking your head in the sand if you think that the goofy lead character had no influence on the game's success or failure whatsoever. It's so obviously true that even an idiot like Michael Pachter knows it.

SaintALia

A few years ago they were riding high off that AC viking game and now they might sell itself.

Leave the politics and social issues alone, just make games where people enjoy them.
You mean right after they fought the takeover bid from Vivendi?

Gameloft actually went down back then, and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Vivendi. The Guillemot bros sold their shares to Vivendi and fucked off to Ubisoft to shore up on any potential takeover bids, which almost happened, but they barely staved it off.

Funnily enough, Tencent came on around at that time and bought shares in the company when that happened, and now are in the running to fully owning them.

Last edited:

GHG

All I'm getting from this is the following:

Microsoft 🤝 Ubisoft

Three

Top Bottom