• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If you're going to use an ellipsis, use the unicode character dagnabbit. U+2026

…

not

In the legal world, we do you one worse. Our elipses look like this: " . . . " or " . . . . "

Meier

I really hate that font. There was just something classic about the old one. It had a sense of tradition. The new one looks like it was made up for one of Oregon's games.

The renovations are nice though! The Swamp definitely seemed a little dated compared to those other stadiums. Speaking of which
bilde

This has to be the most horrible leading I've seen. Ugh, disgusting.

So, so bad. I think I read that they got rid of "This is...Gator Country" too?

I'm hearing UCF got an allotment of 4k tickets for the OSU game. They returned 1k awhile ago and are sitting at around 2,800 sold as of a few days ago. Not bad for a regular season game.

mre

The funny part is that they're not just going to suspend them for the first OOC game, either; they're still suspended for Lousiana Tech, which is now after they play SMU and South Carolina State.

No, that's the only way their stance makes any sense at all. "By God, we said they're suspended for the La Tech game, and we meant it!" If they suspend them for an earlier OOC game, then their decision not to have them serve the suspension during the Florida game looks even sillier.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hopefully Mike Slive will come in and set things right...

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Deciding if this:

Guide-1956_Football_Buffs_medium.JPG

Is worse than this:

thumb.aspx

Let's hope they get this sorted out soon. It's going to get annoying in a hurry if these negotiations take too long:
SJ Mercury News said:
Source: Pac-12 Networks-DirecTV deal won't get done before Thursday's college football kickoff

SAN JOSE -- If you have DirecTV and were hoping to watch football on the Pac-12 Networks, you're out of luck.

The conference won't reach a carriage agreement with the nation's largest satellite operator before the season starts Thursday, according to a source.

There are six football games scheduled for broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks this weekend, including San Jose State at Stanford on Friday at 7 p.m. and Nevada at Cal at noon Saturday.

Scheduled for Thursday are Northern Colorado at Utah at 4:15 p.m. and Northern Arizona at Arizona State at 7:30 p.m.

In the Bay Area, the Pac-12 Networks are available on Comcast, Wave/Astound and San Bruno Cable.

The conference is also in discussions with Dish Network and AT&T U-verse and could make carriage deals before the first kickoff.

bluemax

Banned
Blue, was it about this shot?
usc_song_girl_texas1.jpg

The "USC Cheerleader cheering for Texas" moment, at least at the top. The bottom is either her in Texas garb, or just a bonus shot. Either way is find and dandy.

The top 1 yes. I've never seen that bottom shot before.

Schmitty

I hate when ADs commercialize the stadium and I don't mean sponsorship. Florida adding all of the "welcome to the swamp" is annoying. Let those things stay as word of mouth.

They did that at Penn State after ESPN or whoever named the student section "the greatest show in college football" and the damn slogan is still being used. It just totally ruins it.

mre

Here is the updated BSC winners spreadsheet. Check to make sure you are on the sheet and your picks are correct. You have a little over 4 hours to get everything in and corrected.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoCjjUJu6yrHdGNaR2M0SV9GSTh2WVA0ak90OXhUYWc&output=html

Edit: talon, bertram i do not have Big east picks from you, impirius have no SEC nor champ game picks from you, I push fat kids I need B1G picks from you, and JCX I do not have an ACC winner from you.
Wait, I thought we had until midnight central? That's five hours!

tokkun

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 10
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 4
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 7
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 4
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 11
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 10
Miami @ Boston College by 14
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 11
San Diego State @ Washington by 14
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 14
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

LegoDad

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 10
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by Moved to Week 7.
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 10
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 4
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 4
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 4
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Nevada @ California by 4
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 4
Michigan vs. Alabama by 4
San Diego State @ Washington by 10
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 10

BCS Auto Qualifiers:

ACC
Atlantic - FSU
Coastal - VT
Champ - FSU

Big XII
OU

Big Ten
Legends - Nebraska (Just for James Stevenson)
Leaders - Wisconsin
Champ - Wisconsin

Big East
Louisville

Pac 12
North - Oregon
South - USC
Champ - USC

SEC
East - USCe
West - LSU
Champ - LSU

MNC
USC vs. FSU

Champ
USC

mre

ACC: Va Tech
-Coastal: Va Tech
-Atlantic: FSU

Big 12: tOSU 2

B1G: Wisconsin
-Whosits: Wisconsin
-Whatsits: Michigan St

C-USA: Cincy

PAC12: Oregon
-North: Oregon
-South: USC

SEC: Alabama
-East: Georgia
-West: Alabama

BCS Game: Oregon v. Bama
Winner: Bama <---- total homer pick

Wooooooooooooooo football's back!
iVsR1JNAmRNPw.gif

I'll be content with Iowa's season if they go 8-4 and lose less than 3 running backs due to injury/suspension/idiocy.

I hope my expectations aren't too high.

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 4
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 14
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 6
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 13
Ohio @ Penn State by 7
Nevada @ California by 17
Miami @ Boston College by 7
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 10
San Diego State @ Washington by 20
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 10
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 17

ACC - VA Tech
Coastal: VA Tech
Atlantic: FSU

B1G - Michigan
Legends: Michigan
Leaders: Wisconsin

Big 12 - Oklahoma

Big East - Cincinnati

Pac 12 - USC
South: USC
North : Oregon

SEC - LSU
West: LSU
East: South Carolina

BCS Game - LSU/USC
Winner - LSU

giga

Apparently they're testing some new helmets at GT and this one would have the gold GT logo on the left/right of the hexagonal pattern. Please don't be shit&#8230;please don't be shit&#8230;

Fullscreen-capture-8292012-11646-PM-0011.jpg

These throwbacks were so boss:

CalvinJohnson_medium.jpg

a01.jpg

The Honeycomb helmets need to be yellow. That with white jerseys would look cool. And by cool, I mean like grown men running around with a beehive on their head.

Talon

Giga, you know what throwbacks were better? The white helmet, blue jersey throwbacks.

Even made Reggie Ball look classy.

I don't care if I'm past the deadline...my piss is so hot my dick looks like a tea kettle right now.

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 14
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X (we're the real winners here)
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 10
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 17
Ohio @ Penn State by 3
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 7
Nevada @ California by 7
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 10
San Diego State @ Washington by 7
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7

Not my mspainting

Isaac claims a 3rd victim.

Nicholls State vs. Oregon State has been postponed indefinitely.

Both schools have different bye weeks, so the only option right now is December 1st. If Oregon State somehow makes it to the Pac-12 North Championship game OR Nicholls State makes it in the FCS playoffs, the game will most likely be cancelled.

The pre-season bottom 10 is out. I love reading these write ups.

Bottom 10:
1. Akron
2. New Mexico
3. FAU
4. Indiana
5. Arkansas
6. Idaho
7. Texas State
8. South Alabama
9. U-Mass
10. UTSA

Note that teams 7-10 are the 4 newbies to the FBS this year.

I can't believe how bad the teams that are moving up were in there old divisions. I guess they are skewed because a lot of those were pay to play like SEC team, but still.

What a tragedy that would be.

well, OSUw will have 1 less home game to make money off of. Not to mention angry season ticket holders who's 7 home game schedule just dropped to 6.

I can't believe how bad the teams that are moving up were in there old divisions. I guess they are skewed because a lot of those were pay to play like SEC team, but still.

UTSA and TXST were invited to the WAC as a desperation move by the WAC to keep it alive. The plan worked, but in the end it only prolongued the WAC's imminent death by 1 year. South Alabama has only had a football program for 3 years, but thats more than UTSA's 1 year of existence. I believe there's a team in Georgia that will be in the FBS next year and they have only been in existence for a couple years. I can't remember if it is Georgia State or Georgia Southern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom