• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Very disappointed right now. Paul Wulff could have had this result for far less money.

Very disappointed right now. Paul Wulff could have had this result for far less money.

I bet you feel like 2008 Obama voters. A new guy comes in promising change, hype among the voters well exceeds realistic expectations because the new head is somewhat of a celebrity....then disappointment in that first term. But just like Obama, Leach needs more time. 4 More years to move this program FORWARD with a full roster of Leach's recruits.

edit: Am I the only one up watching this Minn. vs. UNLV overtime game? I don't want opening night/morning to end!

so this Minn/UNLV game...how do you not challenge that touchback? it clearly hit the returner's arm, with 20 seconds and the game tied, you have to challenge that

edit: Am I the only one up watching this Minn. vs. UNLV overtime game? I don't want opening night/morning to end!

Yes.

so this Minn/UNLV game...how do you not challenge that touchback? it clearly hit the returner's arm, with 20 seconds and the game tied, you have to challenge that

Oh.

Nah, I'm not watching tonight, but I'll watch anything that claims to be a football game on a Saturday. I even watched the shitty games when they did interactive Tuesday. But there have already been a few decent games tonight, so I am sated enough to not need that one.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I bet you feel like 2008 Obama voters. A new guy comes in promising change, hype among the voters well exceeds realistic expectations because the new head is somewhat of a celebrity....then disappointment in that first term. But just like Obama, Leach needs more time. 4 More years to move this program FORWARD with a full roster of Leach's recruits.

I know it will take time but tonight actually felt like a step backward. We did have the 9th ranked passing attack in the country last year and tonight couldn't seem to throw past 5 yards. Tuel looked awful.

Yes.
Nah, I'm not watching tonight, but I'll watch anything that claims to be a football game on a Saturday. I even watched the shitty games when they did interactive Tuesday. But there have already been a few decent games tonight, so I am sated enough to not need that one.

now in triple OT, could have ended in regulation if they had challenged

I know it will take time but tonight actually felt like a step backward. We did have the 9th ranked passing attack in the country last year and tonight couldn't seem to throw past 5 yards. Tuel looked awful.

Well at least theres EW next week, although they did beat Idaho today so they don't totally suck.

Also, looks like Minnesota will win this game in the 3rd OT

That Kent State player that ran the ball the other way... It's a stupid mistake, but if I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the ball be dead when he recovers it? You can't advance the ball on a muffed punt, can you? I can only presume that means you can't take it backwards either.

What was the call?

cdyhybrid

That Kent State player that ran the ball the other way... It's a stupid mistake, but if I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the ball be dead when he recovers it? You can't advance the ball on a muffed punt, can you? I can only presume that means you can't take it backwards either.

What was the call?

Can't advance a muffed punt.

jjasper

Instead of watching the game and getting drunk tonight I will be working a 24 hour shift in the trauma ICU. Fucking med school.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
My piss for Colorado's Pac-12 opener is getting warmer.

andycapps

Hey guys, what happened last night? Oh, Vandy pulled a Vandy.

cunningham-1.gif

In all seriousness, the most alarming thing for Spurrier had to be Shaw. He had some lazy passes that will get picked off when they play a team with a better secondary, and Shaw isn't going to be able to run that much in the SEC. He's not Newton or Tebow. :jnc

LosDaddie

Banned

Damn, that really was targeting with the helmet. The USC guy gets up like a BOSS afterward though. :)

I had a dream that Ohio state was losing to
Minnesota. I then got on here and posted fuck this team they're going 7-5.

Wait, were you the one saying that OSU could go undefeated this year?

The game was @ BYU (who has a decent Defense), and Leach's first game. If you guys don't improve throughout the season, then it's time to worry. Plus, you guys are WSU. Come on. :)

cunningham-1.gif

In all seriousness, the most alarming thing for Spurrier had to be Shaw. He had some lazy passes that will get picked off when they play a team with a better secondary, and Shaw isn't going to be able to run that much in the SEC. He's not Newton or Tebow. :jnc

They cut the best part out of this GIF. After the SCAR player gets up he makes this "I don't give a fuck" face like he was hit with a pillow or something. He was completely unfazed by the massive hit, it was awesome.

Bummer about Wazzu but it's a new offence so it makes sense. Hopefully they improve. Playing Provo isn't easy either, even when BYU isn't a national power. They had an 18 game home-winning streak (school record) when FSU played them in 2009. Thankfully, the Noles crushed them (54-28). Huge upset for them, considering they were #7 in the nation and had just beaten #3 Oklahoma two weeks earlier, and FSU was unranked.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Wolfpack Aggies are gonna bury you, son.

I happened to catch a glimpse last night, of this new ESPNU show "UNite" (some sort of late night show). They had this awful skit involving a bunch of your NCState Brethren, protesting against any and all Volunteering, resulting in the quad/field they were at to become a litter field mess.

I give it a thumbs down. Though appreciate the idea of Just Say No to the Volunteers.

Lonestar

Should have realized this Wazzu experiment was gonna be a mess. Mike Leach doesn't understand Defense. He don't know it, don't want it, won't have anything to do with it.

And he doesn't have WR's that catch, a QB that won't throw long, or with accuracy, and a small scatback who can do nothing when running up the middle.

From the parts of the game I saw (1st half)

Lonestar

Wish it wasn't blown dead. We need another unreal play in this sport, it's been too long.

Shame the other team fully attempted to tackle him. They should have half-heartedly attempted to tackle him, and see if he drops the ball after scoring a "touchdown" and pick it up for the real version of a touchdown.

Wish it wasn't blown dead. We need another unreal play in this sport, it's been too long.

Shame the other team fully attempted to tackle him. They should have half-heartedly attempted to tackle him, and see if he drops the ball after scoring a "touchdown" and pick it up for the real version of a touchdown.

Would have been better if they started blocking for him. Oh, the hilarity.

Pretty interesting opening night. Vandy vandy'd (missed pass interference at the end, but they still sucked about doing anything with the turnovers they got), WSU was pretty disappointing, and we got a WRONG WAY out of the deal.

Hopefully BSU-MSU tonight will be a good game to heat our piss going into the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom