• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

Er, no. Everyone was. Including SEC fans. Because it was absolutely ridiculous.

Glad he changed his mind.

Did he change his mind? He never said yes or no to the subject before this. People made assumptions because of the depth chart.

cashman

Banned
629483.JPG

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So, who is going to join the BEAST?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I think I might have scarred Cyan.

impirius

Goodbye, Block F and non-spiky-serif fonts.

edit: The orange oval is slightly off-center to the left thanks to the Gata's overbite OMG CAN'T UNSEE

ChiTownBuffalo

now your stadium shot will forever be associated with hot piss. :(

Hot swamp piss.

Hot Piss Swamp Gators.

pxleyes

Banned
ya...so over the spikey font, and I don't think it is going anywhere. The gator logo looks nice, but fucking tradition god damn it!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So apparently Georgia RB Malcolm Mitchell sprained his ankle during walkthroughs, won't play against Buffalo.

Unfortunately, I've also heard his status for Mizzou is "up in the air" and makes me wonder if it's the dreaded High Ankle Sprain.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is the football thread, not the basketball thread, but son of a bitch. Players meeting with the AD complaining about how BCG has been treating them, and he's hospitalized for some thus far unknown reason (though there is of course some strong speculation given his history). Word is he's gone.

Tech athletics has been pretty damn rough to follow in the past year or two.

Good thing the football team is going to get to at least 9 wins this season. :D

andycapps

Yeah he's being referred to as an Athlete because he's doing multiple roles. He was going to be a starting cornerback, get some snaps at WR, and be a possible punt returner. No loss at all for tomorrow's game, but could be significant if he's out for Mizzou. I don't think it changes the outlook that much given that he's unproven as a CB in college, but with how athletic he is and given that he played the position some in HS, I think he'll be a good one when he's back. We do have a decent amount of bodies and talent behind him, though much of them were backups last year. I'd guess that Brandon Smith is our #1 CB now and Damian Swann probably #2.

According to the depth chart, Damian Swann is Smith's backup and Devin Bowman is Mitchell's. I wonder how many looks they'll give Josh Harvey-Clemons at a hybrid DB/S role with him being 6'5" and having loads of speed and those long arms. They like that he's capable of quite a bit out there.

So they swapped the positions on the Gata heads and the block F, and they also changed the F to the spiky serifs? Hideous. So I approve.

We changed our font in 2008. I don't hate it like I hate that spiky serif shit, but I do not think the new font is as good as the old one. The text is the same (one end zone says "Florida State" and the other "Seminoles").

Old Font
T7Eru.jpg

New Font
CJY4.jpeg

Mostly, I miss the spear going through the words. It's freakin' classic! They also changed the center field logo last year. The icon is the same, but the old version said "Florida State" and the new version just says "STATE". I prefer the new version. The old text was too crammed in there and difficult to read. The new text is much easier to read, especially on TV.

The fuck is that in the middle of the field?

Not going to lie, I like it. And they just repainted with the new font all over the stadium. Here to stay. Like but don't love font, new turf is cool and could adapt back to block down the road without other issues. Except repainting again.

Consistency was greatly needed, it was a mishmash before.

Helmet script next on my chopping block. Classic? Yes. Ugly and dated? Hell yes.

Not going to lie, I like it. And they just repainted with the new font all over the stadium. Here to stay. Like but don't love font, new turf is cool and could adapt back to block down the road without other issues. Except repainting again.

Helmet script next on my chopping block. Classic? Yes. Ugly and dated? Hell yes.

Yeah, I'm actually okay with the stadium changes. That helmet needs to go though.

ChiTownBuffalo

Is it cheating for me to enter my tattoo in a "Show Your CU Pride" contest at the game watch party tomorrow?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Tennessee has lost six straight games in the Georgia Dome, three of which were to ACC opponents.

Time to buck that trend.

pxleyes

Banned

Fuck that. Don't mess with the helmets unless they go retro, which they won't.

I want:
31jMckHZeoL.jpg

Instead I bet we will eventually get:
UFL_Pro_Combat_HELMET_Right_hiRes7.jpg

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Two false starts, lots of defensive players out of place/not ready for the snap.... Hope that is first game jitters.

Edit: stupid playcall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom