• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachikarn

Why don't they have the camera angle to be completely parallel with the goal line? It's at an angle so you can't always tell 100% if it actually crossed the plane.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Why don't they have the camera angle to be completely parallel with the goal line? It's at an angle so you can't always tell 100% if it actually crossed the plane.
So that you can't always tell 100% if it actually crossed the plane.

Jackson50

Would it be in bad taste to call Maxwell the heart attack kid?
Mark-Dantonio.jpg

That would make too much sense. In tennis they have a shot spot system that can detect where a tennis ball lands with a 1 millimeter margin of error. If tennis can have that technology, why can't football?

That would make too much sense. In tennis they have a shot spot system that can detect where a tennis ball lands with a 1 millimeter margin of error. If tennis can have that technology, why can't football?

Because there are only two people on the tennis court, and not a bunch of fat people on top of each other on the baseline, obscuring the view.

andycapps

Yep, but at least are running game looks better then last year. And I would say are defense has looked pretty good, it's are secondary that has been spotty.

It looks a little better. Haven't seen much north-south running and running to the edge won't work often in your big games coming up unless you had faster players. I've also seen a lot of plays where RB goes to edge and then stops to try to pick up a block.. Gotta go for it and not stop for anything when you're going on the edge.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
We have the tech to put a chip in the ball that could tell us exactly when the ball Crosses the plane. Just sayin'.

It's never going to be exact. I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that the ball broke the plane, but I bet the hold-up in overturning the play was the question of when Bray lost possession of the ball.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
It looks a little better. Haven't seen much north-south running and running to the edge won't work often in your big games coming up unless you had faster players. I've also seen a lot of plays where RB goes to edge and then stops to try to pick up a block.. Gotta go for it and not stop for anything when you're going on the edge.

Yeah it's a work-in-progress situation. No doubt our weak point on offense.

I will not be happy until football is entirely played by super robots. The ivies will rise again!

I think it would be dominated by Carnegie Mellon and Cal Tech.

It's never going to be exact. I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that the ball broke the plane, but I bet the hold-up in overturning the play was the question of when Bray lost possession of the ball.

He did lose control of the ball once, so he had to establish control of the ball again, and then prove that he broke the plane, and the onus was on indisputable evidence, which is hard to find without a camera right on the line.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Sitting and eating, radio guys said nothing about a bad call on the fumble.

So, lollerBray :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Radio reminded me, how can ncsu and Tennessee both wear home Jerseys? No loss of timeouts as punishment? That's why Alabama/Tennessee can do it. Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom