• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yeah they have. Inexperienced db's are showing it, though I think we'll see a different team after half. Grantham about had a heart attack in the first half. No doubt UGA spent at least one day this week on Mizzou prep, if not more. This first half was about trying to avoid more injuries and not show Mizzou too much. But I think they're going to lock it down after halftime.

Yeah I'm sure it's more of a trap-game type situation then an actual indication of the quality of the team. But UGA needs to come out firing because Buffalo has enough momentum and firepower (so far) to be deadly in a close game at the end.

Edit: so far the separation is a kickoff return for a TD and a missed extra point. This game is even closer then the score indicates, which has to be a bit concerning.

Thought it was more that the rest of the SEC east was down.

They are number 6 in the nation.

Skiesofwonder

An SEC team would have to go 0-12 the year before to not be ranked in the preseason.

Pssh. Last year UGA went 10-4, went to the SEC Campionship game, and all four loses came to ranked teams (two that finished in the top 10). They have most of their major players returning, and a QB that could easily end up being a first round NFL draft pick at the end of his college career.

UGA deserves to be preseason number six just as much (if not more) as USC deserves to be preseason number one.

andycapps

Pssh, last year UGA went 10-4, went to the SEC Campionship game, and all four loses came to ranked teams (two that finished in the top 10). They have most of their major players returning, and a QB that could easily end up being a first round NFL draft pick at the end of his college career.

UGA deserves to be preseason number six just as much (if not more) as USC deserves to be preseason number one.

Thanks for sticking up for the team and while I agree, UGA has to play better. And I think they will. And USC is very overrated and plays nobody. You want to talk about UGA's schedule? USC basically plays one tough game in Oregon. UGA has a couple and if they win the east they will play the top team in the west.

cdyhybrid

Thanks for sticking up for the team and while I agree, UGA has to play better. And I think they will. And USC is very overrated and plays nobody. You want to talk about UGA's schedule? USC basically plays one tough game in Oregon. UGA has a couple and if they win the east they will play the top team in the west.

Oregon is better than every team in the SEC outside of Bama and LSU.

Draconian

I would indeed. That's why I made the statement. I can forward you Tyrone Willingham's agent if you'd like to learn more!

I just wiki'd him. Did he just fall off the face of the earth after Washington? You think he'd be able to get a job as a coordinator somewhere. Or maybe not.

Skiesofwonder

I was more sticking up for the SEC. :p

But agreed, all SEC teams automatically have a harder schedule then USC.

cdyhybrid

I just wiki'd him. Did he just fall off the face of the earth after Washington? You think he'd be able to get a job as a coordinator somewhere. Or maybe not.

After the debacle here he'd have to start at a very small school or in a position without much responsibility. Maybe he can go back to Stanford after they go 6-6 this year.

I was more sticking up for the SEC. :p

But agreed, all SEC teams automatically have a harder schedule then USC.

:jnc

Touchdown Ohio!

If you're going to include the conference championship, then note that USC will most likely have to play Oregon twice. Also, USC doesn't have any "Georgia Southerns" on their schedule.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Touchdown Ohio!

If you're going to include the conference championship, then note that USC will most likely have to play Oregon twice. Also, USC doesn't have any "Georgia Southerns" on their schedule.

Doesn't USC play Oregon State?

Draconian

It will also be in their backyard because for some stupid reason, the Pac 12 doesn't think it's a good idea to have the championship played at a neutral site. (I'm assuming it's the same from last year)

Colorado?

The obvious point is that we're required to play them, and they're at least a FBS team.
I should note that I'm not saying we have a particularly tough schedule this year. But USC doesn't schedule FCS cupcakes like the SEC does.

It will also be in their backyard because for some stupid reason, the Pac 12 doesn't think it's a good idea to have the championship played at a neutral site. (I'm assuming it's the same from last year)
Only if USC wins the first matchup. Not sure why it's stupid? Home field advantage is a great thing for the championship games, not to mention it provides a great atmosphere and better fan attendance.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Illegal hands to the face? At least PSU players are avoiding the naughty bits now.

Draconian

Only if USC wins the first matchup. Not sure why it's stupid? Home field advantage is a great thing for the championship games, not to mention it provides a great atmosphere and better fan attendance.

Huh? Why is it a great thing? It should be played at a neutral site so neither team has an advantage. Also, the SEC has no problem selling out the Georgia Dome every year.

cdyhybrid

Who wouldn't? Haha

SCAR

Illegal hands to the face? At least PSU players are avoiding the naughty bits now.

:jnc

Huh? Why is it a great thing? It should be played at a neutral site so neither team has an advantage. Also, the SEC has no problem selling out the Georgia Dome every year.

The only viable "neutral sites" would be Seattle, SF, or LA. Atlanta is perfect for the SEC but there isn't as much of a good fit on the West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom