• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

HAHAHA the announcer in the Western Michigan-Illinois game just said, "That cuts like Valyrian steel!" after Illinois scored via a TAINT. Game of Thrones references FTW.

cdyhybrid

Mississippi State had the same record as you last year in a better conference, so I don't know how you figure that.....

They played a murderer's row of Memphis, LA Tech, UAB, and UT Martin OOC. We played Nebraska OOC and also played 9 conference games. They went 2-6 in conference beating only Ole Miss and Kentucky. We went 5-4.

Cmon, son.

So Oregon beat Tennessee when they really, really sucked.

They still do.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
fail, also you people are bastards lol

KuGsj.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
They played a murderer's row of Memphis, LA Tech, UAB, and UT Martin OOC. We played Nebraska OOC and also played 9 conference games. They went 2-6 in conference beating only Ole Miss and Kentucky. We went 5-4.

Cmon, son.

Sounds like your typical PAC 10 conference schedule.

They still do.

There is no doubt in my mind that Tennessee would handle Washington this year. Oh well, I now look extra forward to your team's slaughtering at the hands of LSU next week.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like your typical PAC 10 conference schedule.

Except for all those publications out there routinely naming numerous Pac-12 schedules among the ten hardest in the country right? :p

No doubt in my mind that Tennessee would handle Washington this year. Oh well, I now look extra forward to you guys slaughtering at the hands of LSU next week.

If I were a Tennessee fan I'd root for LSU instead, too.

AntoneM

The only viable "neutral sites" would be Seattle, SF, or LA. Atlanta is perfect for the SEC but there isn't as much of a good fit on the West Coast.

LA has a neutral football stadium large enough to hold the game? I guess Denver and Phoenix don't have neutral fields? Besides, the only city with a neutral field in a neural metro and is large enough to host the game is San Diego... and I don't think you'd get too many complaints about traveling to SD in November.

cdyhybrid

Let's all just ask ourselves when those guys have actually predicted anything significant correctly.

Like those 5 SEC teams in the top 11 of their power rankings? Agreed :p

LA has a neutral football stadium large enough to hold the game? I guess Denver and Phoenix don't have neutral fields? Besides, the only city with a neutral field in a neural metro and is large enough to host the game is San Diego... and I don't think you'd get too many complaints about traveling to SD in November.

The Rose Bowl is "neutral" - not like UCLA will ever host the CCG anyway! Denver isn't a Pac-12 city and Phoenix is actually a decent option. SD would be neutral but you might as well have it in LA at that point.

LA will have a "neutral"/NFL stadium at some point in the next few years, so they could potentially hold it there.

I figured the only sensible "truly neutral" location would have been Vegas assuming they could get the stadium up to spec. San Diego would have been all right I guess, too, though you'd have plenty of complaints that the SoCal teams could drive there so easily.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'd forgotten that Ted Roof was PSU's defensive coordinator. The NCAA should have taken pity on them, because that's sanctions enough.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Except for all those publications out there routinely naming numerous Pac-12 schedules among the ten hardest in the country right? :p

PAC 12 is a little different then PAC 10. No doubt that Washington has a very hard schedule (toughest in PAC 12), but Ole Miss and Florida have harder ones (IMO).

If I were a Tennessee fan I'd root for LSU instead, too.

You honestly believe Washington will finish with a better record then Tennessee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom