• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Tough blow for 'Cuse... still some time to go down and try and score but that one hurts. I like those new Northwestern unis a lot.

Pimpwerx

Interesting comments by the announcers. I thought Brisset ran the ball well last season. He looked like a more-physical runner than Driskel. Driskel seems to read his blockers better though. PEACE.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Dunbar!
KuGsj.gif

Pimpwerx

Good, I hope CBS never does another SEC football game. Listening to Verne Lundquist is pure torture.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

I love Verne and Gary. The best commentary crew on all the networks. They actually pay attention to the game and Gary is very knowledgeable. Other crews often miss some of the action on the field, and it annoys me. PEACE.

Draconian

I don't see Florida having a very good year this year, but that could be just me. I think that Tennessee game will tell the tale for them this season.

TheNatural

My Member!
Also, I think we've all be accustomed to this, like Pavlov's dog, but ESPN just needs to get rid of the 'score alert' that changes the score from 0 to 6, then 6 to 7 right after.

We get it, they hit the extra point, it's ok to just change it to seven. Although it would be funny for the rare occasion the PAT gets blocked and returned for 2 points the other way to see the 6-2 progression.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

I love Verne and Gary. The best commentary crew on all the networks. They actually pay attention to the game and Gary is very knowledgeable. Other crews often miss some of the action on the field, and it annoys me. PEACE.

Gary is awesome. Verne is senile.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Also, I think we've all be accustomed to this, like Pavlov's dog, but ESPN just needs to get rid of the 'score alert' that changes the score from 0 to 6, then 6 to 7 right after.

We get it, they hit the extra point, it's ok to just change it to seven. Although it would be funny for the rare occasion the PAT gets blocked and returned for 2 points the other way to see the 6-2 progression.

I've already seen two missed PAs this year.

Draconian

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

You cannot be serious. Gary is only slightly less insufferable now that Tebow's no longer in the conference.

EDIT: Also Verne doesn't get half of the player's names right.

Meier

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Is this a joke? They're unwatchable. The worst color team in the business, bar none.

Would a proxy work? I've been wondering what to do about this too today. ESPN3 is now MLB.tv.

ESPN are some money hungry mother fuckers, thats all I know.

Not sure, I'll have to look into it more when I get home and can focus on such things. I wonder if these blackouts apply to ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU too. The app still isn't recognizing that I have those subscriptions now.

cdyhybrid

We'll see if he actually knows anything about football. I never watch college hoops, but I heard good things about him there. Either way, if he's calling mostly Pac12 games, I probably won't get to hear too much of him. Not unless he's doing the primetime slot, and not the 11pm slot. PEACE.

He's done occasional NFL games so I think he'll be fine.

Miami down 14-0 to BC :jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom