• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictions for VA Tech and GA Tech game tonight? I think VA Tech beats the shit out of them. I don't see GA Tech beating big teams until they get a new offensive system.

VT will win, and probably easier than what the score will show. I base this 99% on just figuring they have more talent and better coaching, and 1% based on using all my schadenfreude luck for the season on Pitt losing to Youngstown St.

If you asked people outside the state of Texas what the mascot of Texas State is, I would assume the poll would look something like

I don't know 90%
Armadillos 9%
Bobcats 1%

I figure Armadillos would get more than 9%. Well, at least among folks old enough to remember the movie. Which was awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
7 sounds kind of low to me. I went to Georgia Tech but I thought they had a history of losing to Virginia Tech a lot in the last several years, so I figure crushing defeat is fairly likely.

On the bright side, I should get to see some of the old alumni I haven't seen in like a year since we do a local restaurant game-watching thing, so that's cool. :)

giga

383204_10151082475983163_863378543_n.jpg

T stolen lol.

A15LFRvCYAAf185.jpg:large

Was Thomas more accurate last year? Nice runner, but all his throws have been off thus far.

Maybe just jitters/rust, though.

GA Tech Uniforms are much better than their usual monstrosities, although they would look better with solid numbers rather than the overdone hex pattern, or whatever is going on in there.

Was Thomas more accurate last year? Nice runner, but all his throws have been off thus far.

Maybe just jitters/rust, though.

GA Tech Uniforms are much better than their usual monstrosities, although they would look better with solid numbers rather than the overdone hex pattern, or whatever is going on in there.
Yeah Thomas is looking like a impressive runner, but I'd like to see some better passes as the game goes on

andycapps

Mark Richt said tonight on a radio call in show that he expects Malcolm Mitchell, John Theus, and Watts Dantzler to be back from injuries this week against Mizzou. Mitchell got scout team work today. Whew.

andycapps

Georgia better win.

Will be a tough game on the road, at night, in Mizzou's first SEC game.. So they'll be amped up. I feel a lot better about our chances if Mitchell plays. He was limited in practice today, so I'm pretty sure he'll be 100% by Saturday. And having both OL back that got ankle injuries on Saturday will be big. They're expected to be back, anyway.

perfectchaos007 said:
Who's Brandon Jenkins? Is he a key FSU player?

He seems pretty important, he was on a lot of watch lists. I assume you're referring to this:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State defensive end Brandon Jenkins will miss the entirety of the 2012 season with a foot injury, a source confirmed Monday.

Jenkins left Saturday's game in the first half after a teammate stepped on his left foot. Trainers worked with Jenkins on the sideline, and he was able to walk to the locker room under his own power.

CBS Sports earlier reported Jenkins' situation.

After the game, coach Jimbo Fisher said the foot was swollen and bruised, but X-rays had come back negative. Fisher said Monday the team was planning an MRI, which apparently revealed further damage.

Jenkins was a preseason All-ACC selection and on the watch lists for the Bednarik, Camp and Nagurski awards after leading the Seminoles in sacks each of the past two seasons. He nearly left FSU after the 2011 season to enter the NFL draft, where he was widely projected as a potential first-round pick.

Jenkins recorded his first sack of the season in the first quarter against Murray State, moving him to within just 2½ sacks of third place all-time in school history.

LM4sure

Banned
FSU is pretty deep on defense though. Sucks to lose him, but they should still have one of the best defenses in the country this year. Now if only the same was true about their offense.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
FSU is pretty deep on defense though. Sucks to lose him, but they should still have one of the best defenses in the country this year. Now if only the same was true about their offense.

Well it doesn't destroy us but it sure hurts our depth.

andycapps

VA Tech is not worthy of their ranking after this game unless something changes soon.. Their defense has been okay but I expected a lot more with having all offseason to prepare for the triple option. The main thing is to keep GT in 3rd and long situations, which is a horrible situation for them as they have to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom