• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Crowell finished with 18 yards on 9 carries today for Alabama State. Also 2 catches for 17 yards. Got hit hard with 6 minutes left to go in the game, and of course, didn't come back (that I know of).

TheNatural

My Member!
Gotta say, I know it's UK's defense, but Watson with his own gameplan has really turned the offense around. no more 'wildcard' bullshit.

Was this guy really that bad as OC at Nebraska?

P.S. I think I might've spotted you at the game, but I wasn't sure if it was you or not.
Heh, that's funny. I was over in Section VV as you can sort of see from that photo. We had a pretty decent view except for the far end zone. Where were you sitting?

TheNatural

My Member!
That ESPN commentator was just money

"He drills it" as the kick sales way right

Almost as good as the refs blowing the call before the kick. Even if it was a forward pass it was grounding - I guess they can't walk and chew gum. Then again, it's an SEC crew, so no surprise there.

Almost as good as the refs blowing the call before the kick. Even if it was a forward pass it was grounding - I guess they can't walk and chew gum. Then again, it's an SEC crew, so no surprise there.

Oh yeah, that was absolutely grounding. Louisville's running game today has been a pleasant surprise today. I can't believe how well Bridgewater is playing- crazy that he's just a sophomore. Louisville is a really, really good team that's only going to get better. Hopefully James Quick signs with them so we can see at least one year of a Bridgewater-Quick connection.

TheNatural

My Member!
Oh yeah, that was absolutely grounding. Louisville's running game today has been a pleasant surprise today. I can't believe how well Bridgewater is playing- crazy that he's just a sophomore. Louisville is a really, really good team that's only going to get better. Hopefully James Quick signs with them so we can see at least one year of a Bridgewater-Quick connection.

A new one there too.

"If they come out of this with a FG, they're still just a couple possessions down"

25-7 = 18.

Guess the new 3 point conversion is being debuted.

As George O'Leary says, you're only an ankle away from your backup QB. Game is basically over, might as well get him some game reps. Then again Terry is still young and probably wouldn't hurt to get as many reps as possible.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The on-the-field action is so boring, they cut to live shots of the trophy getting set up and ready for presentation.
KuGsj.gif

Piggus

I have been to Cowboys stadium twice. Once for OU vs BYU and again for AMA Supercross. It is a shame you won't be able to catch a Cowboys game while you are around for F1. That stadium is ridiculous.

----------

We don't disserve a 17 pt win in this game.

I did a tour of the stadium last year. Got to go into Jones' "nest," the locker rooms, onto the field, etc. Probably the most amazing modern building I've ever been in. Would LOVE to see a game there sometime.

Think every conference was shaky.

I mean, SEC, besides Alabama and Tennessee (and I guess Mizzou...) were kind of below average. I know LSU beat up on North Texas, but sounds like their OLine didn't hold up great, and Mett got hurt/wasn't as good as advertised.
Arkansas was losing to Jax State and ended up letting them score 25+ points.
Auburn lost, Georgia let Buffalo stick around and score points, Vandy/SCAR was sloppy. Don't know what the Miss. schools did.

Then There's FLoLrida.

The B1G had PSU, and bad performances by Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa. Michigan did itself (and the conference) no favors by playing Alabama. Michigan State ran the ball well, but it was too close a game against that BSU team (who lost just about everyone of quality).

PAC as mentioned by you.

I guess the ACC and Big XII had the best showings, though OU :lol
Ohio State and Nebraska are definitely the Big 10 leaders this year

Just got back from watching the game...I was a very happy guy. There's no question our offense has vastly improved, and our D needs more tackling drills and fine tuning...but this was a joy to watch.

I'm going through your hilariously angry posts, Nat...and while I don't agree with you on mosr of you criticism, I did on this quote.
LOL bitch ass punter crying. Maybe next time you won't talk shit over twitter.
Dude called Louisville a dump, got dumped on.

TheNatural

My Member!
Just got back from watching the game...I was a very happy guy. There's no question our offense has vastly improved, and our D needs more tackling drills and fine tuning...but this was a joy to watch.

I'm going through your hilariously angry posts, Nat...and while I don't agree with you on mosr of you criticism, I did on this quote.Dude called Louisville a dump, got dumped on.

I said as much as Strong did about the D. It's going to be a good unit, today they showed some kinks they need to iron out.

I feel like if we can get past UNC, then we have a chance to run the table, since it's another month until USF at home after that. UNC and USF are the two toughest teams on the schedule.

glad to see rest of my fellow Cards fans back for another season, and you too pollux

so that game...

Offense looks much improved over last year, Teddy had a near flawless game, oh and on that one scramble...dat stiff arm lol. I understand that you dont want to risk an injury in game 1 by leaving Teddy in there but I think he got pulled a series too soon. Let him get another scoring drive, put the game completely out of reach before you put Stein in and go to ultra conservative play calling. It's the one thing I still don't lie about Strong is he calls the dogs off when we build a little bit of a lead, and it has cost us games before. Petrino would pull starters but still go for the dagger, granted we had a deeper dept chart.

Defense was the 1 thing I had very little concern about going into this game and I was wrong. We looked horrible at times, and not being able to adjust to the screen pass when UK was running it play after play is baffling. Hope to see a much improved D next week, our talent is way better then that.

So the officials missed an obvious facemask which took the receivers head almost backwards then a late hit out of bounds on the same play. Then miss a helmet to helmet hit that obviously caused a concussion and fumble return for a TD.

Gilbert didn't look awful there on the end. Made two good throws that hit his receivers in the hands. His confidence has got to be at an all time low.

He's consistently throwing fastballs behind receivers. I don't think theres any receiver out there who can quickly twitch and contort their body fast enough to adjust to Garrett Gilbert's stray bullet passes

bluemax

Banned
Speaking of Gilbert I saw that there are 5 Rookie QBs in the NFL this season from the state of Texas and none of them were recruited by the Longhorns.

Speaking of Gilbert I saw that there are 5 Rookie QBs in the NFL this season from the state of Texas and none of them were recruited by the Longhorns.

Yeah we've had some issues with QB evaluation over the past few years. We landed a QB for our 2014 class who's supposed to be the next big thing. He just started his junior year in highschool so we'll see how that progresses.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He's consistently throwing fastballs behind receivers. I don't think theres any receiver out there who can quickly twitch and contort their body fast enough to adjust to Garrett Gilbert's stray bullet passes
Maybe they should just run their routes slower?

squicken

Was mentioned in the NFL thread but everyone would have taken Luck. He just had no interest in staying in Texas. And I think the stat is none were offered as a QB.

Fuck John Mackovic.

Then 10 years of Simms to Vince to Colt, which made it hard to recruit elite QBs to Texas except once every 3 or 4 years.

Nesotenso

How did the two Texas QBs look against Wyoming?

Ok. State putting up 84 looks impressive on paper. WVU might win the conference.

cashman

Banned
Gilbert was one of the top high school QB's of all time. Jackie Sherrill said he was the best QB he's seen since Dan Marino. He just completely fell apart mentally at Texas leading to the Longhorns' current passing challenged state. Hopefully Tyrone Swoopes will save them.

RGIII was recruited as an athlete but not QB

How did the two Texas QBs look against Wyoming?

Ok. State putting up 84 looks impressive on paper. WVU might win the conference.
Only Ash played (which is how it should be). He didn't do anything spectacular, but he made good decisions all night and was an effective game manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom