• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 11| Thursday Night Lights

squicken

What I have never understood about A&M, with all the NFL offensive linemen, is why they struggle to run the ball so much. I get that shotgun spread can be an influence, but it doesn't bother Oregon and Baylor

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
What I have never understood about A&M, with all the NFL offensive linemen, is why they struggle to run the ball so much. I get that shotgun spread can be an influence, but it doesn't bother Oregon and Baylor

Sec teams usually have large, good DT's/DE's. Makes it harder to create gaps. Also, think a&m is stronger in the tackles, than in the middle

Jeff-DSA

Bronco needs to get in the ears of the refs. They're holding the ball to slow play every time BYU hurries up to the line. Ridiculous.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a "fun" fact - taking the last 5 games since we played Kansas, Tech has given up more rushing yards in each one than the last.

Kansas rushed for 53 yards, Iowa State rushed for 143, West Virginia ran for 183, Oklahoma ran for 277, Oklahoma State ran for 281, and Kansas State ran for 291.

This was the 14th consecutive conference home game that Tech has not won the turnover battle.

Jeff-DSA

I don't see BYU mounting a comeback today. They can't get into their rhythm offensively. The line isn't getting any push, and the refs aren't allowing them to play fast. Some of that might be because Gary Andersen was talking about them slowing the play before the game.

"The officials in the Big Ten do an unbelievable job controlling pace or controlling tempo. If you sub and try to go fast (without allowing defensive substitutions), they're not going to let you. I have not seen one mistake this year with that in the Big Ten in games that we've been involved in. That's been a huge positive."

Essentially Andersen knows that they're a slow team and that they want the refs to cater to that. Cool.

Edit: Anybody watching this, watch how long the refs are standing over the ball between snaps for BYU.

tokkun

I don't see BYU mounting a comeback today. They can't get into their rhythm offensively. The line isn't getting any push, and the refs aren't allowing them to play fast. Some of that might be because Gary Andersen was talking about them slowing the play before the game.

Essentially Andersen knows that they're a slow team and that they want the refs to cater to that. Cool.

Edit: Anybody watching this, watch how long the refs are standing over the ball between snaps for BYU.

Not sure what the point of your quote is. The rules require that if the offense substitute that the defense be allowed to do so as well. Are you unhappy that BYU is not allowed to cheat?

Jeff-DSA

Not sure what the point of your quote is. The rules require that if the offense substitute that the defense be allowed to do so as well. Are you unhappy that BYU is not allowed to cheat?

He states it like that, but BYU isn't subbing in their hurry up plays. They just run back to the line and snap. Yeah, if they sub then it's different, but that's not what they've been doing.

Edit: BYU getting killed on those long pass drops. That's three that Hill has put on the money and receivers have dropped them.

Double edit: Wow, what a catch by Hoffman.

Jamesways

He states it like that, but BYU isn't subbing in their hurry up plays. They just run back to the line and snap. Yeah, if they sub then it's different, but that's not what they've been doing.

Yep, totally the refs fault Wisc has scored 20 points on the BYU defense...

Top Bottom