• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 5| Games resume this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are strange.

I don't like change, or Texas. My commute is really easy here, and Dallas would have much worse traffic. Plus, I'm comfortable at our current house and don't want to move, find a school for my daughter, find a new place, try to sell our old house, etc. In other words, when I move again, it'll be to Georgia and will probably be the last time I move.

Columbus is a great town and completely different than the rest of Ohio. Dont use Cleveland and Cincy as a basis for Columbus, those are old would dying manufacturing city while Cbus is a "new money" thriving city.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The ACC Championship rotates between Tampa, Charlotte, and Jacksonville. Jacksonville is an absolutely horrible market. The only game that sells out at EverBank Stadium (or whatever it's called now) is Georgia/Florida. Over any bowl game/Jags game/concert/etc.

Granted, the ACC Championship game isn't as exciting as another conference, but it just goes to show how poopy of a market Jacksonville is. I'm astonished at way sports media keeps trying to venture there.

I don't know why the ACC wastes any of its time putting anything in Florida at all. It would be better to alternate between Charlotte and Atlanta on the years that the SEC is in New Orleans. Richmond would be a great neutral city too, but they don't have an FBS caliber stadium.

Draxal

Neutral site championship games suck, should just be in the higher ranked teams home field.

Rutgers 9.99 site stating that MCU fans, PSU fans and Hawkeye (wtf at this) are buying Rutgers season tickets ... For this year. That is dedication.

andycapps

Columbus is a great town and completely different than the rest of Ohio. Dont use Cleveland and Cincy as a basis for Columbus, those are old would dying manufacturing city while Cbus is a "new money" thriving city.

Yup, it's a pretty white collar city and pretty huge in the tech industry right now. I work for Chase and we have a pretty huge presence here. Dallas is also huge for mortgage banking for Chase, but again, I'm comfortable here. It's a pretty nice city and easy to get around. I won't live here forever, I know that, but that's nothing against Columbus.

This is probably where I say that what I say on here does not reflect the views of my company.

pxleyes

Banned

Cleveland has Great Lakes Brewing though. That makes up for...well everything.

Subitai

Neutral site championship games suck, should just be in the higher ranked teams home field.

Rutgers 9.99 site stating that MCU fans, PSU fans and Hawkeye (wtf at this) are buying Rutgers season tickets ... For this year. That is dedication.
I've heard that about PSU before. I wasn't sure how much stock to put into it though.

Iowa however? I got nothing.

pxleyes

Banned
We can get that everywhere here.. We also get Founders, Dogfish Head, Left Hand, etc.. All the big ones.

Sadly Great Lakes doesn't distribute in Florida yet. Huge bummer as we do get all the ones you mentioned. Founders doesn't do much for me, though, but plenty of local stuff makes up for it.

Out west folks...do you get the following?

Yuengling
Abita
Sweetwater
Magic Hat
Victory
Terrapin
Highland

Yuengling
Abita
Sweetwater
Magic Hat
Victory
Terrapin
Highland
Abita is probably the most prominent of those out here. I've seen Yuengling and Sweetwater, but they're tough to find. Haven't heard of the other ones.

andycapps

Sadly Great Lakes doesn't distribute in Florida yet. Huge bummer as we do get all the ones you mentioned. Founders doesn't do much for me, though, but plenty of local stuff makes up for it.

Yuengling
Abita
Sweetwater
Magic Hat
Victory
Terrapin
Highland

I wish we could get Terrapin here but they don't have distribution in Ohio yet. :( Sweetwater is good too.

Yuengling
Abita
Sweetwater
Magic Hat
Victory
Terrapin
Highland

We get Abita here in Houston, especially at Cajun restaurants and LSU alumni hangouts, but none of the others. You might find them at Spec's (a large liquor store that would make you weep), but in general, most places stock local beer for their "craft" selection. St Arnolds and Karbach are the big winners here in Houston, with 8th Wonder and No Name being the up and coming brewers.

And if they don't have that, there is always Shiner.

Tamanon

Banned
I remember when it was tougher to find Yeungling, but now it's almost as common on menus here in the Southeast as Bud Light.

What's up with you people and Yuengling, don't you have your own damn beers?

Does no one in Ohio or Alabama brew a decent beer? You have to get it from Pennsylvania?

andycapps

What's up with you people and Yuengling, don't you have your own damn beers?

Does no one in Ohio or Alabama brew a decent beer? You have to get it from Pennsylvania?

Hey I don't drink it often, I just said it's available. And yeah, craft beer made in Ohio is still fairly young I think, aside from Great Lakes. Columbus Brewing Company is around but I honestly haven't had any of their stuff yet. I hear it's okay.

Any juicy player or former player reactions to the execution? Apparently, UConn players were high fiving in class when PP got whacked.

All I've heard is former Trojans saying they were "surprised" but nothing more than that. Current players didn't really say anything bad about Kiffin but are clearly wanting to move on.

More importantly, I've seen some comments from recruits saying, "I was never going to play for Kiffin, but now USC looks interesting."

Hey I don't drink it often, I just said it's available. And yeah, craft beer made in Ohio is still fairly young I think, aside from Great Lakes. Columbus Brewing Company is around but I honestly haven't had any of their stuff yet. I hear it's okay.

Look, there are two Ohioans here that said "Finally" to Yuengling moving into their market. It's a depressing state of affairs for a depressing state like Ohio.

ToxicAdam

Not enough people drink Great Lakes in Ohio. Whenever I order it from a restaurant it's always 4-6 months past the 'best before' date. Bleh.

Look, there are two Ohioans here that said "Finally" to Yuengling moving into their market. It's a depressing state of affairs for a depressing state like Ohio.

It's not like we were rejoicing and singing praises to Heaven when it finally arrived. It's not like we don't have any great beer here already. (Great Lakes is beautiful stuff, obviously.)

We're just saying it was nice to have another decent cheap beer around, and we were confused why it took so long.

Kevtones

Heard someone on the radio yesterday suggest Gruden for USC. That would be a homerun but I'm not so sure Gruden has any intention of leaving MNF.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Heard someone on the radio yesterday suggest Gruden for USC. That would be a homerun but I'm not so sure Gruden has any intention of leaving MNF.
I don't understand why people think this. Has Gruden ever shown a desire or ability to recruit? That shit's tough.

Kevtones

I don't understand why people think this. Has Gruden ever shown a desire or ability to recruit? That shit's tough.

Gruden's not happening. Got mentioned last time. Never seen any realistic chance of it happening, he seems happy with MNF.

He's a hit with everyone. Watching his QB school or whatever I think he'd be great. Plus every high school football player in the country knows who he is because of MNF.

But yeah, he seems long in the tooth for MNF.

Mike Bellotti? lol.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Just think what Urban Meyer could do in SoCal! Plus, that weather would have to be good for his frail health.

Draxal

Head coaches really don't have to recruit. They just have to close and Kevtones is right ... Every player knows him so he'll be able to do that.

And this is USC, its almost impossible to fail at recruiting with their location/history.

Yuengling... tough to find? What is this I don't even

unfortunately it used to be distributed here but was stopped about 5 years ago...have to go to nashville or cincy (ugh) to find it, actually have my dad picking me up a bunch of oktoberfest while he is out of town

andycapps

Yeah, I like it for when im at the bar watching sports all day and dont want to break the bank on craft beers.

I hear that.

The Gruden to USC talk is funny. He's not going anywhere. While USC is a great gig, I don't think that he's interested in coaching right now. He's enjoying his time as an analyst. Being an analyst carries with a lot less stress and hours than being a head coach. Just ask Urban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom