• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Nine Thread: Clemson, Clemsoned

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mike Pereira is pissed about the Miami/Duke play as well.

Wow. I have been here at Fox looking at the Duke game and Duke got tricked on Hollween. No way that is a touchdown. I will explain.

First, it does appear then there was a knee down based on some pictures that I have seen. It was close but it looked down.

More importantly, they used replay to decide to pick up the flag for the block at the 25. Replay is not allowed to reveiw a call for that.

Word is that crew made the decision but that is bogus as the referee called over the officials after going back to talk to replay a 2nd time

So the crew used replay to pick up the flag. The block,btw, was legal.But, the block at the 15 back upfield was a flagrant block in the back

Replay does have a rule that says replay can correct egregious errors excluding fouls that are not reviewable. Blocks in the back are not.

So, in the end, the ACC has some explaining to do to Duke and to others. Thanks to replay, they have a mess on their hands.

Btw, the substitutes running on the field with their helmets off is a non-issue. Helmet off only applies to players and not subs, and....

While running on the field before the runner crossed the goal line is a foul, it would be enforced as a dead ball foul. Game was over.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sm4juVl.gif

PAC Football

Draconian

I love how the commentators broke that review down with two side by side camera angles showing that it was indisputable evidence that he fumbled, and these jokers refuse to overturn it.

Burt

What exactly does this thread title mean?

'Clemsoning' means being ranked high in the preseason and shitting the bed in the first big game against a real opponent. Being a "Clemson" means being the shiniest stepping stone in all of college football.

Eagles fan for NFL, went to Clemson, they're both basically the biggest choke artists in their respective leagues

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop this season

edit nope nevermind didn't even read the op

but the definition there is wrong

What exactly does this thread title mean?

'Clemsoning' means being ranked high in the preseason and shitting the bed in the first big game against a real opponent. Being a "Clemson" means being the shiniest stepping stone in all of college football.

Eagles fan for NFL, went to Clemson, they're both basically the biggest choke artists in their respective leagues

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop this season

edit nope nevermind didn't even read the op

but the definition there is wrong

Did you mean: Clempsoning?

There's Clemson and there's Clempson. The team that loses inexplicably to some doormat is Clempson. That team hasn't been seen since 2011. The team that handles its business and, indeed, can show some swagger is Clemson, which Clemsoned Miami last weekend.

Also, there is this.

Top Bottom