• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Five: We got to see them BOTH lose!

Hasn't Rutgers always been bad except for a small stretch in the 2000s?

You do realize for the majority of Rutgers history we were in 1A but with the Athletic Department and resources of a Patriot League team.

Had Rutgers accepted a Big East invite when it was first offered, odds are things would be a lot different and Rutgers would have had more success.

Did you just compare Rutgers and lsu?

In theory he's not wrong.

Louisiana is a talent rich state, and only had 1 major IA school in LSU.

Rutgers is the lone 1A program in NJ which is a very talent rich state.

What made Schiano so good at RU was he was able to keep the bulk of the top talent home, and then sprinkle in players from Florida.

If Rutgers gets the right coach that can keep kids home to play for RU they can be a very solid team along lines of Iowa or Wisconsin.

jfkgoblue

Did you just compare Rutgers and lsu?
Yes, NJ as a state is comparable to Louisiana, LSU was shit until Saban because this talent left the state, if Rutgers can do what LSU did, they'll be good
In theory he's not wrong.

Louisiana is a talent rich state, and only had 1 major IA school in LSU.

Rutgers is the lone 1A program in NJ which is a very talent rich state.

What made Schiano so good at RU was he was able to keep the bulk of the top talent home, and then sprinkle in players from Florida.

If Rutgers gets the right coach that can keep kids home to play for RU they can be a very solid team along lines of Iowa or Wisconsin.
This

squicken

ISU-BU and UT-OSU are pretty embarrassing for the Big12. Feels like an important, in a bad way, season for the conference

You do realize for the majority of Rutgers history we were in 1A but with the Athletic Department and resources of a Patriot League team.

Had Rutgers accepted a Big East invite when it was first offered, odds are things would be a lot different and Rutgers would have had more success.

I guess, but over 100 years of history there. At some point, you'd think some better decisions would have been made. We'll see if they can break out as a Big 10 team, though.

I guess, but over 100 years of history there. At some point, you'd think some better decisions would have been made. We'll see if they can break out as a Big 10 team, though.

Look up Fred Gruninger. He was intent on keeping Rutgers athletic wise a small North Eastern college level much like a Lehigh or Hofstra.

Also if you know anything about NJ politics, they do the bare minimum in terms of funding the state university.

Draxal

So is Rutgers going to be the Kansas of Big 1G football?

Well, we kinda beat Kansas last year.

We got fucked hard by the conference switch (the timing was awful monetarily), and we made an awful hire in AD (and it was the optics behind it, having it being coopted by 2 people who wanted to make it seem more progressive and thus giving the new ad zero credibility).

Problem is that we have historically awful qb play and zero wide receivers besides Harris and Grant (who got injured earlier this year).

Yes, NJ as a state is comparable to Louisiana, LSU was shit until Saban because this talent left the state, if Rutgers can do what LSU did, they'll be good

This

Problem is LSU donors bought in, our donors haven't. Of course our president and ads haven't given us any reason to buy in as well.

SCChappy

Banned
I'd like to see Charlie gone tomorrow. I've supported him a lot but he fucking gave up at the end. That's bullshit.

Lkr

Missing the CBS commercial marathon today, not sure how bummed I am about that

FSU defense got a stop? Shocking

squicken

Nice response by A&M. Knight has mostly been okay this year, which has been better than I thought he'd be. Still inconsistent w/accuracy

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Today was a bad Saturday, one of many more bad Saturdays to come this season. ND should feel really really bad about last week.

Top Bottom