• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
How it the fuck is Oregon State a better job than Wisconsin? You go from contending for the B1G title to being a bottom feeder in the Pac12? He was infinitely closer to winning a Nation Championship at 'Sconi than at Oregon State.

Living on the best coast vs ... well, Wisconsin.

That said it's not like Corvallis is paradise or anything.

andycapps

That Demaryius Thomas guy sure sucks.

It amazes me that Georgia Tech of all places is the school that put out Megatron and DMT.

Megatron left before Paul Johnson came. Thomas almost left when Johnson came because he ran the triple option and was worried about how much he would actually see the ball (since the receivers don't actually run routes at Tech). In 2008 he ended up with 39 receptions, 627 yards, and 3 TDs. He did a lot better in 2009 with 46 receptions, 1154 yards, and 8 TDs.

Bowser said:
Calvin and Demariyus were recruited by the previous coaching staff though. Who knows if PJ will connect / be able to sell the triple option to WRs of that caliber. Only other one was Stephen Hill who's been a bust.

Right. One would think that if they're going to get a better recruiting class that this would be the year, but so far all they have are 3 stars. They do typically have one really solid receiver that is able to get open after he's finished chop blocking the DB.

KingGondo

Banned
Speaking of receivers, our coaches just finished a home visit with Tyron Johnson, the #1-ranked HS receiver in the country. Seemed to go well.

We're in his final 5 along with Tech, Clemson, LSU and UGA. I have to think the emergence of Rudolph during the last two games will help our cause.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Speaking of receivers, our coaches just finished a home visit with Tyron Johnson, the #1-ranked HS receiver in the country. Seemed to go well.

We're in his final 5 along with Tech, Clemson, LSU and UGA. I have to think the emergence of Rudolph during the last two games will help our cause.

Calvin Ridley is the #1 WR :p

But by all means, get him, so that LSU and Auburn doesn't.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Clemson is out, Auburn is in.

andycapps

Gonna guess he's LSU bound. I know we're in it like everyone else is but LSU seems like the team to beat.

Also, it's Clempson.

KingGondo

Banned
Gonna guess he's LSU bound. I know we're in it like everyone else is but LSU seems like the team to beat.

Also, it's Clempson.
Thanks for the correction.

Hopefully Les bolts to Michigan and their class falls apart. Not gonna happen, but a guy can hope.

We already lost out on Treadwell to Ole Miss two years ago. Time for our luck to change!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Nebraska basketball lost to Incarnate Word last night. What is up with B1G basketball this season? First Michigan loses to NJIT, now this.

Also, it's Clempson.

Through his entire recruitment, Tech has been the most consistently mentioned team and the team mentioned by him most often as a leader.

...but I'll believe we beat LSU for a Louisiana recruit when it actually happens and not a moment before, and most Tech fans I know feel the same.

inm8num2

Apparently Nebraska basketball lost to Incarnate Word last night. What is up with B1G basketball this season? First Michigan loses to NJIT, now this.

The B1G is clearly preparing for bowl season disappointment by breaking people's spirits with stunning basketball losses.

andycapps

Through his entire recruitment, Tech has been the most consistently mentioned team and the team mentioned by him most often as a leader.

...but I'll believe we beat LSU for a Louisiana recruit when it actually happens and not a moment before, and most Tech fans I know feel the same.

I'm wondering why 247 has all of their projections to be for LSU except for two. And I agree, I'll believe someone else gets a Louisiana recruit when it happens.

UIW is ineligible for the postseason this year because they're still transitioning to DI. Their athletic website currently has a splashpage that will make you go blind. The bubble text, the bright red background, the faded out negative of the crowd. ugh

KingGondo

Banned
I'm wondering why 247 has all of their projections to be for LSU except for two. And I agree, I'll believe someone else gets a Louisiana recruit when it happens.
We stole an LSU-committed RB last year, although the rumor was that he was quietly informed that he was no longer wanted there.

For whatever reason we've got a nice little pipeline going to Louisiana, especially to NOLA (supposedly our grad assistant from there is a stud recruiter). We also got a commit from Jalen McCleskey, who is Tyron's friend and whose dad is Tyron's coach.

UIW is ineligible for the postseason this year because they're still transitioning to DI. Their athletic website currently has a splashpage that will make you go blind. The bubble text, the bright red background, the faded out negative of the crowd. ugh
That splashpage is fucking horrifying. It's like he's shooting the basketball in front of a horror movie scene.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't put too much stock in their Crystal Ball. A lot of those projections are based on almost nothing but a tweet or rumor or something like that. They're probably right most of the time anyway, don't get me wrong, but the projections themselves can change on such a whim it's not super reliable.

They're probably mostly LSU on him, for example, for no other reason than he's from Louisiana and LSU wants him; generally a correct assumption, of course, but not particularly based on any interviews, leanings, reporting, etc.

Lonestar

Though, looks like this year we'll strike out on Louisiana players. Currently have a commitment from the #5 player in the state, but he'll decommit any day now, odds are he'll go to LSU.

Last year, got 3 of the top 10. Cam Robinson, our LT, Cam Sims (WR who has seen the field some) and Hootie Jones (Redshirted Safety).

Year before, just 1 player (Tim Williams)

Year before that, 2 of the top 3 (Landon "Momma" Collins and Denzell Deval)

Pattern states that we'll kill it in Louisiana next year.

Jhriad

The part about UW officials being unwilling to adjust academic standards makes sense. Andersen has had a bunch of his commits fail to qualify academically the last two years. Doesn't really seem like a reason to leave, though.

Been hearing folks talk about this on Husker talk radio and if he thinks a school should bend their admissions requirements for a few athletes then good riddance. Maybe instead of whining he could have spent his time recruiting fewer dullards.

andycapps

Though, looks like this year we'll strike out on Louisiana players. Currently have a commitment from the #5 player in the state, but he'll decommit any day now, odds are he'll go to LSU.

Last year, got 3 of the top 10. Cam Robinson, our LT, Cam Sims (WR who has seen the field some) and Hootie Jones (Redshirted Safety).

Year before, just 1 player (Tim Williams)

Year before that, 2 of the top 3 (Landon "Momma" Collins and Denzell Deval)

Pattern states that we'll kill it in Louisiana next year.

I'm actually shocked that we have one commit from New Orleans, Michael Chigbu. He's helping to stock a position of need and looks to be a pretty good player.

Lonestar

USA Today's All Americans is out.

JK Scott: 1st Team All American. If he wins the Ray Guy award, he'll officially be the most decorated kicker we've ever had.

Arie Kouandjio: 1st Team All American. That's, uh...higher than I think he should be. He's solid and improved from last year. But we've had better guards the last 8 years.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If Cam Erving hadn't had the few snap issues I would say he got shafted. He has been pretty damn good for a new center.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
USA Today's All Americans is out.

JK Scott: 1st Team All American. If he wins the Ray Guy award, he'll officially be the most decorated kicker we've ever had.

Arie Kouandjio: 1st Team All American. That's, uh...higher than I think he should be. He's solid and improved from last year. But we've had better guards the last 8 years.
Landon Collins second string? That's certainly an opinion.

Limedust

We stole an LSU-committed RB last year, although the rumor was that he was quietly informed that he was no longer wanted there.

For whatever reason we've got a nice little pipeline going to Louisiana, especially to NOLA (supposedly our grad assistant from there is a stud recruiter). We also got a commit from Jalen McCleskey, who is Tyron's friend and whose dad is Tyron's coach.

Perfect choice to succeed Miles when he takes the UM job.

FyreWulff

I guess I missed (or just forgot) that he was the interim coach for their bowl game a few years ago after Bielema left as well.

I'm still surprised he does it, but then again, maybe he's driving people away by inserting himself as a coach all the time.

Not even Tom Osborne has tried this (he could get away with it)

Also funny that Bo Pelini got fired for not making it to the Big 10 Championship game.. and the guy that did make it to the championship game fired himself.

Lonestar

Hmm, to go into the west coast rain topic and laugh, like people did in the Snowmageddon 2014 topic.

andycapps

Hmm, to go into the west coast rain topic and laugh, like people did in the Snowmageddon 2014 topic.

You should go into the UK weather thread where they're complaining about 45 degree weather being cold. I've debated saying something to rain on their parade, but I don't know if they could handle it.

Lonestar

45 degree's (Farenheit) is not really cold. I might not like being out in it, but it's manageable. If it's in the 20's or lower, then yeah, it's too cold.

If this Rainstorm gets into the 12-24" of rain in a day, then I'd worry.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
45 degree's (Farenheit) is not really cold. I might not like being out in it, but it's manageable. If it's in the 20's or lower, then yeah, it's too cold.

The southeast is built to survive a foot plus of rainfall. California isn't.

That being said, the rain so far has been fairly non eventful. About equal to the rain you see every week in the summer of Florida.

Balphon

Hey, it's unusual there because Californians had the good sense not to build cities in floodplains.

We built them in the largest fault zone in the world instead.

I think the lesson here is that British people like to complain about everything.

During the World Cup, I crafted a theory that British people complain because its therapeutic to them. I felt like, in some ways the Brits didn't mind England fucking up in the World Cup because it gave them a chance to whine and complain some more. Therefor, its a win/win situation for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom