• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Who is the UGA QB going to be next year? What's his background?

3 candidates: Brice Ramsey, Faton Bauta, or Jacob Park. Ramsey is a pro-style QB with a great arm, started this year when Mason got injured in bowl game and played some in mop-up duty. Made great throws and made some horrible decisions. Bauta has a decent arm but is a Tebow style runner and can make plays with his feet. Park was redshirted this year and has drawn rave reviews from his time leading the scout team, he's said to be 2nd best on team with arm and on his feet. Comparisons to Kaepernick. Wouldn't be shocked if the battle is between Ramsey and Park for this year, then next year they will be battling Eason who will be too good not to start as a true freshman, IMO.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
LHyABcB.png

andycapps

Jonathan Taylor has been picked up by Bama after being kicked off UGA last year for felony domestic violence charges that are still pending

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jonathan Taylor has been picked up by Bama after being kicked off UGA last year for felony domestic violence charges that are still pending

yep :/

Athletic Department already put out a press release, stating that they have no control over admissions, and listed out all the campus organizations that had to sign off on this.

...representatives from academic, legal, student affairs, student conduct, UAPD and counseling. Athletics is not involved in the admissions process.

So...yeah...

Limedust

Of course not. Surely no university would ever sully their admissions process by allowing athletic considerations to sway them!

Honestly, I'm also shocked it was Bama rather than Auburn.

I'm not real happy with the situation, either. If he proves me wrong by following Pettway's turnaround, then I'll change my opinion in 2.5 years.

andycapps

Your phone spell check must have made a mistake. Surely, you meant Auburn.

Ha one Bama school copying another I guess.

yep :/

Athletic Department already put out a press release, stating that they have no control over admissions, and listed out all the campus organizations that had to sign off on this.

So...yeah...
Athletics may not have been involved with admittance criteria but I'm pretty sure Taylor isn't going to Bama solely to finish his degree as a normal student. Yeah, it's a pretty shitty thing to do to pick up a dude that's under felony charges, and having read them, there's not much doubt he hit and choked his girlfriend. Shame because I feel like he's a good kid but he likely responded when she pushed him or hit him and you just can't do that to a woman.

Any of you guys read that article on the evolution of the Packers offense and Aaron Rodgers? It was kind of interesting to read about all the mechanical adjustments he's made to his throwing motion and what not since leaving Cal.

Lonestar

Even I wonder, "Where the hell is the roster pace for all these guys?"

Guess a bunch of QB's, RB's, WR's and other 4th string guys are about to flood the MAC/Sunbelt/Conf USA market.

Dantonio and Harbaugh are both now confirmed to be Champ game guest analyst.

Should be interesting...

Also Boise St OC/QB coach has decided to stay in Boise instead of joining Urban's staff

KingGondo

Banned

Guess a bunch of QB's, RB's, WR's and other 4th string guys are about to flood the MAC/Sunbelt/Conf USA market.
I really don't get it. Some of these guys would be getting major PT even at top-20 programs.

andycapps

I really don't get it. Some of these guys would be getting major PT even at top-20 programs.

Right, but every highschool kid thinks that they're the best thing ever to come out of highschool. Then they're on a team of people that all thought that when they came out, but have actual college game experience and seasons spent in a college weightroom with strength coaches.

We are in that Bama grayshirting period, aren't we?

Not directly CFB related, but the Browns are reportedly looking at Charlie Weis. :jnc

Right, but every highschool kid thinks that they're the best thing ever to come out of highschool. Then they're on a team of people that all thought that when they came out, but have actual college game experience and seasons spent in a college weightroom with strength coaches.

Not directly CFB related, but the Browns are reportedly looking at Charlie Weis. :jnc

He'd be way more successful at the NFL level.

KingGondo

Banned

Yeah, I made the right decision to stop following that team.

Limedust

I think we are supposed to have 2 back-counters (no idea how), and however many people coming off scholarship to make up the rest... so yeah, watch for the transfers.

Damien Harris has been a strong Bama lean for a little while now (he hung with the Bama commits at the recent All-Star games), so unless something changes before tomorrow...

Lonestar

I think we are supposed to have 2 back-counters (no idea how), and however many people coming off scholarship to make up the rest... so yeah, watch for the transfers.

Damien Harris has been a strong Bama lean for a little while now (he hung with the Bama commits at the recent All-Star games), so unless something changes before tomorrow...

Have only kept up with a few of the commits this year, and haven't paid attention to this Harris kid.

I see they say he's the #1 RB, and you generally can't go wrong with those, but is he on the same level as previous #1's like Trent Truck and Fournette, or is this a "downyear" in the RB class (like Phillip Simms was #1 in that weak QB class).

andycapps

Have only kept up with a few of the commits this year, and haven't paid attention to this Harris kid.

I see they say he's the #1 RB, and you generally can't go wrong with those, but is he on the same level as previous #1's like Trent Truck and Fournette, or is this a "downyear" in the RB class (like Phillip Simms was #1 in that weak QB class).

I don't think this is a great year for RB's.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jeremy Cash is not going into the NFL draft this year, he has his degree, but one year of eligibility remaining.
Jela Duncan, our more explosive RB from 2013 has finished his academic suspension, has been cleared to return and is in fact back on campus (pls don't fuck up again) I honestly think we could have one of the best RB corps in the ACC.
If Kelby Brown and Braxton Deaver are able to return healthy and contribute, we have a shot at another 9-10 win season.

Just gotta figure out QB.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

The team I can't figure out is Tennessee. They signed 31 last year, and have 28 committed for this year already. I don't know how many of those guys aren't qualifying and are heading to JUCO or whatever, but while some of that 31 could have been mitigated by the fact that they only signed 22 in 2013 I just don't know where they put 6 extras from that class or where they are going to put the 4 extras from this one.

Even if they have room under the 85 total scholarship limit for these guys, you're still only allowed to have 25 new scholarships per class.

andycapps

The team I can't figure out is Tennessee. They signed 31 last year, and have 28 committed for this year already. I don't know how many of those guys aren't qualifying and are heading to JUCO or whatever, but while some of that 31 could have been mitigated by the fact that they only signed 22 in 2013 I just don't know where they put 6 extras from that class or where they are going to put the 4 extras from this one.

Even if they have room under the 85 total scholarship limit for these guys, you're still only allowed to have 25 new scholarships per class.

Yeah, I don't understand how they can do this and not break the rules either. I'm guessing they're getting into Bama style roster management.

Draxal

They'll have guys greyshirt and have early enrollees from last year count against 2013.

Gobias

Banned
If we lose I will have to endure another long terrible offseason of Browns turnover with no sports happiness in my heart.

Pls Urban.

Limedust

Damien had 16 carries for 110 yards, including a 36-yard touchdown run in the Under Armor game. He's pretty good.

I'm not really that worried about RB or FB, with Flowers and Scarbrough already on-campus.

Read some threads over at Ducksattack...a lot of well thought out discussion there, but damn if there isn't a good number of arrogant SOB's for a program that has only been relevant for so long. Fair number of Cardale is a dummy talk there too...hope that catches on just to motivate him more.

4 days!

KingGondo

Banned
Read some threads over at Ducksattack...a lot of well thought out discussion there, but damn if there isn't a good number of arrogant SOB's for a program that has only been relevant for so long. Fair number of Cardale is a dummy talk there too...hope that catches on just to motivate him more.

4 days!
They've been awesome for quite a while. Arguably the most consistent program in the country since 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom