• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Congrats AB!

In other news, a 6'6" 315 OT (Victor Salako) from UAB just committed to OSU today. Generally considered the best prospect from that program and can play immediately since the program disbanded.

Has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Jhriad

So much crazy stuff happened over the past week and I have been oblivious to it all, thanks to the birth of my first baby girl!

Born on Monday, here is our little Emeline Julia:

Bonus picture with my whole brood:

Congrats! Also, there's not enough Husker gear on your kids. If you're not throwing them into Husker apparel straight out of the womb they might end up liking some other team. ;)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So much crazy stuff happened over the past week and I have been oblivious to it all, thanks to the birth of my first baby girl!

Born on Monday, here is our little Emeline Julia:

Bonus picture with my whole brood:
Congrats! We're going the opposite direction of you. Two girls with a boy on the way!

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Thanks, everyone! It has been a real joy and early Christmas present to have her. Funny how I already treat her a little nicer than my boys. Lol.

Congrats! We're going the opposite direction of you. Two girls with a boy on the way!

Congrats to you! My boys have been amazing! Nothing like having someone to play catch with in the backyard!

Re: USCe bowl ticket sales: I thought Nebraska only selling 8k (number might be off, hats it on the way home yesterday) was piss poor, but that is just ridiculous. Shows what having no historical success will do to your "fan base" once the other shoe drops and reality strikes. I have full confidence Nebraska fans will travel, even with a desanimado team, interim coach and playing at our opponents backyard.

KingGondo

Banned
Tyreek Hill has been dismissed.

6 days ago he made one of the greatest plays in school history and now he's gone. Crazy.

I hope the girl gets justice and he gets the help he needs.

Jhriad

Re: USCe bowl ticket sales: I thought Nebraska only selling 8k (number might be off, hats it on the way home yesterday) was piss poor, but that is just ridiculous. Shows what having no historical success will do to your "fan base" once the other shoe drops and reality strikes. I have full confidence Nebraska fans will travel, even with a desanimado team, interim coach and playing at our opponents backyard.

There should be a good number of the Californians for Nebraska there. I think that plenty of folks realize it'll be cheaper to get tickets through venues other than Huskers.com.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
There should be a good number of the Californians for Nebraska there. I think that plenty of folks realize it'll be cheaper to get tickets through venues other than Huskers.com.

Agreed. Like I said, I am fully confident in Nebraska fans to show up, even for a bowl we have been to 3 times in the last 6 years...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel 1h1 hour ago
Notre Dame awards banquet delayed by water main break, per @EHansenNDI. That may be the most appropriate award ever.

Hopefully no one was holding filming equipment during the flooding.

Muschamp to Auburn as DC

http://www.si.com/college-football/...rn-defensive-coordinator-former-florida-coach

Former Florida coach Will Muschamp will be Auburn’s new defensive coordinator per a source.

A press conference is expected this weekend, the source said. Muschamp pulled out of consideration for the job at Houston on Friday night after interviewing for it earlier this week.

The move marks Muschamp’s return to Auburn. He was the Tigers’ defensive coordinator from 2006-07 and got his start in coaching at the school as a graduate assistant just over a decade before.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Damn, what a hire by Auburn. They better take advantage of it in the next season or two, they won't get long with him I imagine.

cdyhybrid

FiOcIFH.png

Go Gata

Lunar15

Honestly wish Muschamp had gone to Houston. I'm kind of afraid of a Malzahn offense and a Muschamp defense. UF doesn't play Auburn in the regular season until 2019, but they'll be a strong contender for west champ if the two hit it off.

Honestly wish Muschamp had gone to Houston. I'm kind of afraid of a Malzahn offense and a Muschamp defense. UF doesn't play Auburn in the regular season until 2019, but they'll be a strong contender for west champ if the two hit it off.
why would you be scared of a team you won't be seeing for the next 4 years anyway ;)

lol at the jokes about Miami selling even less

Guys, in my Bizarro World NCAA thing my QB Godfrey broke his leg and now I'm trying to run the triple option with Blake Bortles. His speed is 55, this is a disaster.

Limedust

Congrats, AB!

So...what's everyone doing tomorrow?

Shopping before the rest of the city wakes up... check.

Now to vac and wash the truck, volunteer at the wife's derby bout this afternoon, and peel tangerines for making homemade liquor.

... damn, that sounds pretty redneck.

andycapps

We play them every year. The good thing is that he'll only be there one year most likely. Still can't believe how much they're paying him. That's insane.

Congrats AlteredBeast!

Tamanon

Banned
Driving to Durham to look for apartments. Really need to find one soon, start my internship on January 5. Which means that logistically I can't hit the Birmingham Bowl:/ Will definitely find one of the ECU bars in the Triangle to watch it at.

Schmitty

so tickets for the pinstripe bowl sold out very quickly...fuck

hopefully they drop on stuhhub in the days leading up to it

FyreWulff

Thanks, everyone! It has been a real joy and early Christmas present to have her. Funny how I already treat her a little nicer than my boys. Lol.

Congrats to you! My boys have been amazing! Nothing like having someone to play catch with in the backyard!

Nebraska was only allotted 6000 tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom