• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
..@theOzonedotnet: Very good source tells us the Alabama game will be Tom Herman's last at OSU regardless of the outcome of that game.

Well fuck..

Sounds like it will be head coach at Houston. Shitty if we beat bama and go to title game though.

Damn...you would think assume a school like Houston would be so ecstatic to land a coach like him that they would wait to let him coach in the national title game if we get there. Or maybe he just wants to get started earlier to help them. Probably the later actually.

But damn...he could of hold out for a better job if it really is Houston.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently our QB commit's most recent tweet is "So freaking cool. Never been so pissed off" from yesterday, and earlier this afternoon he removed all the talk of being a Tech commit from his page (pictures, bio information, etc.).

Some guy on a message board a week or two ago said he was pissed at our coaches because our OC allegedly told him he would be redshirting (eg not competing for the starting job in year 1) and we all more or less laughed him off the board. I doubt that's the real story (I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't let him compete given our recent history, lack of depth, and lackluster play last season, along with him being an early enrollee) but something is clearly going on.

Great.

Hopefully we're all just falling into the "assuming too much with too little context" trap that people fall into on twitter all the time but it certainly doesn't look good for us right now.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Recruiting drama is another circle of hell to me.

I try not to post too much about it during the season, as I think the majority of the people here feel more or less the same, but now that we're out of the regular season (and even the bowl games haven't started yet) the number of better topics has dwindled significantly. It's basically just coaching carousel, recruiting, and a really boring Heisman race right now.

cashman

Banned
I try not to post too much about it during the season, as I think the majority of the people here feel more or less the same, but now that we're out of the regular season (and even the bowl games haven't started yet) the number of better topics has dwindled significantly. It's basically just coaching carousel, recruiting, and a really boring Heisman race right now.
There is nothing not shameful about following 17 year old boys twitter musings, but I suspect most of us do it anyways.

Velcro Fly

Only question is how much does he win by.

Probably not going to top Troy Smith but he's going to torch much better runner ups.

Piggus

I hate the Ducks as much as the next guy, and I really hate how the Heisman is a QB award, but this is laughable. Mariota clearly deserved the Heisman.

I can assure you that most of those "next guys" are going to be an Oregon fans on the 1st. :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wait, Miami got away with putting players on track scholarships and walking on to football?

Know you can't do that now. Play on the football team while under a different sport scholarship, you take up a scholarship spot on the football team.

cashman

Banned
Apparently our QB commit's most recent tweet is "So freaking cool. Never been so pissed off" from yesterday, and earlier this afternoon he removed all the talk of being a Tech commit from his page (pictures, bio information, etc.).

Some guy on a message board a week or two ago said he was pissed at our coaches because our OC allegedly told him he would be redshirting (eg not competing for the starting job in year 1) and we all more or less laughed him off the board. I doubt that's the real story (I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't let him compete given our recent history, lack of depth, and lackluster play last season, along with him being an early enrollee) but something is clearly going on.

Great.

Hopefully we're all just falling into the "assuming too much with too little context" trap that people fall into on twitter all the time but it certainly doesn't look good for us right now.

aaaaand he's gone

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm rooting for Oregon.

Screw Tebow-loving Meyer, screw Satan-worshipping Saban, screw sketchy ass Fisher/Winston, and FUCKKKKKKK TOSH.0's evil twin who I shall not mention the name of.

relax, I'm kidding.... SEC SEC SEC

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Following football recruiting is just more effort than I care to expend. I'll just wait until they get on campus and get in games and maybe learn their names if they're playing skill positions.

I target my renewals to when they do the year long membership for $99 and you get a free $99 in their team store.

I only actually care about the plight of recruits after NSD.

What some superfans don't realize, is their freelance recruiting efforts hurt their school's chances of landing a kid. I imagine most 17 year olds would be weirded out if a bunch of random 30-50 year old men followed them and persistently tweeted "hey insert name here you should really attend ____ University to play for them". Or if one of those men actually attended one of these prospects game's and approached them on their way to the locker room after a football game and said "Great game out there, I went to ____ university and they could really use you on the team." Unless you're an actual coach at that university, you're better off not attempting to recruit a kid. Its weird, and 17 year olds are off-put by creepers.

Kevtones

It's weird to think that Mariota and Manziel were going to be battling for the backup behind Darron Thomas in 2011.

Imagine if Darron Thomas had won the starting job over Mariota and Manziel. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom