• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! July |OT| - Independents Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that stream sucks. 200 viewers and it's lagging every second.

the chris

Why is the Marvel SDCC stream an old Spider-Man cartoon episode?

70hzV.jpg

Snuck up to be one of the best weeks of all time:
Wolverine And The X-Men raised crossover shit to another level
Dark Avengerbolts raised Kev Walker shit to another level
New Avengers raised Bendis comics to a good level
Revival raised comic book logos to another level
Uncanny X-Force lowered [SPOILER REDACTED] to a lower level, by about six feet
Punk Rock Jesus raised black and white to another level
The Massive raised Grampa variants to another level
And then The Score demolished everyone and laughed at them for even trying.

EDIT: Added more levels, KICKSTARTER STIZZ!!!

Nesotenso

Did you guys who are comic experts like TAS?

I am a big Spidey fan but I hesitate to call myself the expert on anything.

ASM was good but the biggest problem it had against it was that SM1 came before it and already did a faithful telling of Spidey's origin. In a perfect world we would get the cast of ASM in SM1 and I would be happy. Garfield and Emma Stone were perfect. Even tone wise the perfect Spidey movie for me would be a mix of both SM1 and ASM.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was looking over the June sales, and curious: does Diamond supply Amazon? I think that's a no, but I'm not entirely clear.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I agree about Severed, but Snyder's Batman has left me cold. His Detective run was top notch, though.

Severed and AmVam are both excellent but Snyder's Batman is just standard cape fluff. I also agree that his DC run was quite good.

X-Force

Did Fantomex's death seem hollow to anyone else? I really didn't feel anything. I felt more sorry for Eva knowing she could have been evolving had she not been a slave to Fantomex. And for Genesis. I do regret they killed him instead of one of the other characters who have been around forever. We need new blood to be explored and given the chance to become A-Tier.

no it killed me

WHY NIXON!?

Owzers

I must confess I don't love Snyder's Batman either, although I'm only six issues into his run.

5th and 6th issues were the best, abandon ship!

Also, i'm placing my pre-order for September comics and omitting:

Dark Knight #0
Earth 2 #0 , buying next issue probably
Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Frankenstein, Rot Marathaon #0 dropping entirely if previous issues don't sell on ebay
Flash #0 - buying #13, zero issue sounds lame.

maybe tradwaiting:

Phantom Stranger #0
Sword and Sorcery #0
Talon #0

Which lesser books?

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but I'm not as jazzed about it as a lot of other people seem to be. No biggie.

Oh it's no biggie. And for lessors, insert most of the newer indie books that are at 1-2 issues that are splooged over. ;)

The Massive was boring to say the least, Morning Glories was terrible after the first 6(?) issues.

It's more jon bones "Standard cape fluff" nonsense when the same could be said about the "overhyped indie crap" that some are praising. There are great/terrible cape books and great/terrible indie books. Thinking one is automatically superior is a matter of taste and ultimately self-limiting.

Buying AvX and shitting on Snyder's work is almost smh material to my eyes.

But it's more like I said at first. Hmm.

Mifune

Mehmber
Oh it's no biggie. And for lessors, insert most of the newer indie books that are at 1-2 issues that are splooged over. ;)

The Massive was boring to say the least, Morning Glories was terrible after the first 6(?) issues.

Buying AvX and shitting on Snyder's work is almost smh material to my eyes.

But it's more like I said at first. Hmm.

Oh okay, I thought you were talking about my taste specifically.

I couldn't get into a lot of the newer indies like Mind the Gap and Dancer. I do love Saga and Manhattan Projects though.

Oh okay, I thought you were talking about my taste specifically.

I couldn't get into a lot of the newer indies like Mind the Gap and Dancer. I do love Saga and Manhattan Projects though.

Saga's world building is fuckawesome. I have to try out Manhattan Projects (and Saucer Country)

That's what I'm hearing and the preview looked good. Ok, I'm sick of zombies and horror but good reviews are good, so I'll go buy it.

bengraven

I have faith in Massive. Wood's stories are kind of hit and miss for me, but the good parts are always sogood.gif. I'll check out another issue or two before I give up.

Fucking loving Saga though. I wish I had picked up issues 2, 3 and 4 while I was there.

But damn, kids, comic book prices these days, huh? What happened to $1.25...ha...

what happened?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh fuck, why did I highlight that spoiler. I haven't even finished #99.

bengraven

Ha, I did the same yesterday cuz I'm just in the habit of clicking spoiler text. Split second later I thought fuck me I'm dumb.

My brain did a contraction. My mind was stuck between "did I read that or not?"

It's like "IGNORE IT" and I'm like "Wait, that name, was that" "NO DON'T REMEMBER THE NAME" "oh my god, no, no no!" "YOU'RE FUCKED NOW".

My brain did a contraction. My mind was stuck between "did I read that or not?"

It's like "IGNORE IT" and I'm like "Wait, that name, was that" "NO DON'T REMEMBER THE NAME" "oh my god, no, no no!" "YOU'RE FUCKED NOW".
You may not want to read this until you're done with 100 although you already saw the spoiler. After reading the spoiler I told myself
well, maybe he just had it really rough this issue. Maybe ***** dies in front of him. Maybe everyone but ****** dies and he's left completely fucked but alive. Lots of things could make someone say "poor ******."

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
To be replaced by Jeph Loeb

I'd have no problem with this as long it keeps him occupied enough not to damage other characters or cartoons. Deadpool is one of the easiest characters to retcon if any writer royally fucks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom