• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS - October 2011 |OT| - Goons, Godmothers, and Gunwitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull said:
The new incredible hulk series better be available digitally today if marvel wants me to buy it. :(

It's up on Comixology now.

That WatXM teaser just keeps me hyped for
the X-book tie-ins to
the 2012 crossover event.

Jedeye Sniv said:
This time they should chop his legs off, just to really rub it in.

This doesn't fly in comics.

With the surplus of available cybernetic body parts on parade it's hilarious that say (my favorite example) a dumbass like Aquaman would get his hand eaten by fish, then replace it with a fish hook.

What?

Are you not on speaking terms with Cyborg you dumbass?

Just another hilarious example of how and why Aquaman is so lame really.

The Take Out Bandit said:

With the surplus of available cybernetic body parts on parade it's hilarious that say (my favorite example) a dumbass like Aquaman would get his hand eaten by fish, then replace it with a fish hook.

What?

Swan's Aquaman was amazing

Aparo's Aquaman was even better.

What? What?

the chris

What?

Didn't you hear Aquaman is badass now, he has both hands again and everyone makes fun of him in his own comic.

It's Aquaman.

I'll give you a pass because. . . well, y'know. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

You have hilariously bad taste in characters! >:D

Fuck that. Swan and Aparo veto your nonsense.

Jim fucking Aparo.

the chris said:
Didn't you hear Aquaman is badass now, he has both hands again and everyone makes fun of him in his own comic.

NEW 52! NEW 52! NEW 52!
NEW 52! NEW 52! NEW 52!

Not even Ivan Reis drawing it can get me to buy it. That's like a Christian not going to Jesus in the afterlife. >:|

Real talk - GAF going stupid for yet another Marvel/DC reboot; but where in the hell is the hype for SPACEMAN?!

114102_372221_8.jpg

Nevermind Cavewoman Snow #4, Manara Library HC VOL 01, and a new volume of Yotsuba comes out this week too!

I will read all of these comics without regret, as all my regret is poured into the horror show that is Savage Hawkman.

WHYYYY?! D:

Dude you KNOW I got Spaceman!

Have you seen the deluxe 100 Bullets?!? New cover, oversized, shiny papes. Possibly the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.

So how / when did Xavier start walking again? The only X-Men story I've read that discussed it was Morrison's New X-Men and that was temporary within the story. And then the only time Xavier has popped up for me lately was that story in Avengers with the Infinity gems. How'd he start walking there?

Okay, enough Xavier. I'm going to go read this new Wolverine and the X-Men issue.

VGChampion said:
So how / when did Xavier start walking again? The only X-Men story I've read that discussed it was Morrison's New X-Men and that was temporary within the story. And then the only time Xavier has popped up for me lately was that story in Avengers with the Infinity gems. How'd he start walking there?

Okay, enough Xavier. I'm going to go read this new Wolverine and the X-Men issue.

I guess he's been walking since Grant Morrison's run back in 2000 or so. I thought his temporary crippling was just that. Now I am confused.

Nesotenso

Just read ASM #672.

Spider- island is what comic book events should aspire to be. The only possible fault is Ramos' s art at times. Casseli would have been great on this. Any way great ending, and this is how you do events.

Way ahead of anything else this year.

Considering Ramos is the fastest of the lot working on a series that IIRC was releasing bi-weekly, I'd blame editorial and the bean counters before I blame Ramos.

There's no reason a cover image of MJ should have asymmetrical eyes other than laziness.

Jedeye Sniv said:
This time they should chop his legs off, just to really rub it in. TBH I don't understand the character of Xavier at all. I dip in and out of X-Men - sometimes he's walking, others he's in a chair. Sometimes he's the leader, other times he's missing or they hate him. No idea what's going on.
Fucking THIS. The constant tinkering with Xavier drives me nuts.

Seeing Ramos' art in person is a revelation. So much fine detail gets muddled in printing.

Went back to MC to get a second Wolverine & The X-Men. First few pages were a little faded in the lettering. 1st copy will go on display next to NXM 114 at my desk.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I can't stand Ramos. I'm glad Caselli is drawing the next big story arc, I love that guy.

Me either. I will keep abreast of the story from friend but I won't pay money for his art. Besides, I'm Team Cyclops :p

Reluctant-Hero said:
I've been a fan of Ranos since his book "Crimson" with Cliffhanger Comics.

Exactly. Ramos is excellent.

HUGE NEWS on the last page of Avengers Academy! Fuck Toeverine!
Juston Seyfert and his pet Sentinel
are here!

Nesotenso

Teh Hamburglar said:
Me either. I will keep abreast of the story from friend but I won't pay money for his art. Besides, I'm Team Cyclops :p

I think you are confusing Ramos with Bachalo. Now Bachalo, I love always.

Looks like Marvel has 11 day & date releases on Comixology today. But fuck Marvel up their stupid asses with this $3.99 bullshit for the majority of their "popular" titles. If Spider-Island wasn't so damn awesome, I wouldn't be buying anything from them.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Looks like Marvel has 11 day & date releases on Comixology today. But fuck Marvel up their stupid asses with this $3.99 bullshit for the majority of their "popular" titles. If Spider-Island wasn't so damn awesome, I wouldn't be buying anything from them.

I feel that way about pretty much all their books. Their pricing is absurd and offensive and yet their books are the best on Earth. So painful.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I feel that way about pretty much all their books. Their pricing is absurd and offensive and yet their books are the best on Earth. So painful.
Best on earth? That's definitely subjective. When there is content to match the price, I'll okay. Like All-Star Western #2 is $3.99 with 28 pages of excellent art & story. Reading issue #1, I felt that the book earned every penny of that price.

Then you have Incredible Hulk #1 at $3.99 today. Sure it has Silvestri, a legend, but it's only 22 pages!

the chris

Picked up a lot of Marvel stuff today
Wolverine & The X-Men- Loved it, Bachalo was great as usual on art and I like the tone Aaron set up for the book in the first issue.
FF #11- Hickman continues to make me love this book, I actually said "Oh shit" when I got to the last page.
Amazing Spider-Man #672- Never been a fan of Ramos, but it was Slott's writing on the event that made it good despite the fact that I've never really cared for him before.
Incredible Hulk #1- Didn't really care for it, I wished they had kept Parker on as the writer and I don't really care much for Marc Silversti's art.

I'll try and pick up Spaceman next week, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

the chris said:
Picked up a lot of Marvel stuff today
Wolverine & The X-Men- Loved it, Bachalo was great as usual on art and I like the tone Aaron set up for the book in the first issue.
FF #11- Hickman continues to make me love this book, I actually said "Oh shit" when I got to the last page.
Amazing Spider-Man #672- Never been a fan of Ramos, but it was Slott's writing on the event that made it good despite the fact that I've never really cared for him before.
Incredible Hulk #1- Didn't really care for it, I wished they had kept Parker on as the writer and I don't really care much for Marc Silversti's art.

I'll try and pick up Spaceman next week, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Parker is still writing Hulk.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Best on earth? That's definitely subjective.

Obviously.

On second thought I'm just going to axe all of the New 52 crap from my pickups.

I can trade wait ASW and WW.

Maybe even just get them from the library.

You won't miss it. (Or at least I didn't. YMMV. It's subjective, after all. ;D) We've got Spaceman now.

Picked up All-Star Western and TMNT. I have no idea what Spaceman is, but Brian Azzerello wrote it and it's a dollar, so I picked it up too.

I was tempted to get Wolverine and the X-Men, but I already had two 3.99 books. It seems more books are going with 3.99, and that's really annoying.

I still haven't had a chance to read the books I bought last week, so I have a decent amount of reading to do.

the chris

BenjaminBirdie said:
Just realized in that Soon On page, omg, that's the X-Men
in Kitty Pryde's friggin bloodstream

Just, come on. Seriously. Best. Comic. Ever.
I don't know, Remender's Uncanny X-Force is still the best for me, I am really enjoying the tone this one has so far though.

the chris said:
I don't know, Remender's Uncanny X-Force is still the best for me, I am really enjoying the tone this one has so far though.

I love X-Force but WatXM is just so much more fun. UXF is amazing, as amazing as FF, but both are not always the funnest of reads. WatXM is just pure-t amazing fun. I want to read it forever.

the chris

BenjaminBirdie said:
*CHOKE*

Ernst
is in the school roster.
I love the pamphlet they have for the school in the back of the book that shows who is teaching what.
Doop
teaching choir would be an awesome thing to see.

the chris said:
I love the pamphlet they have for the school in the back of the book that shows who is teaching what.
Doop
teaching choir would be an awesome thing to see.

Yeah, the "bonus" materials are really fantastic.

Chamber
and Husk together again!!

BenjaminBirdie said:
I love X-Force but WatXM is just so much more fun. UXF is amazing, as amazing as FF, but both are not always the funnest of reads. WatXM is just pure-t amazing fun. I want to read it forever.

It's one issue in. I'm going to give it some time before declaring it better than UXF.

Bull

Father_Brain said:
It's up on Comixology now.

Awesome. I'll grab it when I get home. Not a fan of paying $3.99 but have to support them putting Hulk out digitally on the same day.

If I buy it through comixology I can also read it in Marvel's iPad app, right?

WATXM is great. Maybe not UXF great yet, but its also awesome X-men team book, and that's what really matters. It feels like a mix between Morrison's New X-men and Lobdell's Generation X, aka FANTASTIC.

Also great? Latest ASM issue. Not a fan of Ramos, but the story's ending was rock solid anyway, and felt earned. I actually gave a damn about the characters too, so take notes Matt Fraction next time you write an event.

jeangreyschoolbrochure.jpg

So many funny things in here. Sex Ed by Gambit. Flying Into Things Headfirst by Cannonball. Astonishing X-men nod with the Ethics 101. World History, an eyewitness account by Wolverine.

This is gonna be a great book, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom