• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hope this doesn't mean Amazon will fuck up the Comics app.

OTOH, if there's ever a program where I can get discounts on digital versions of books I've bought on Amazon, I'll be rolling in hundreds of digital trades.

God I hope this doesn't mean Amazon will fuck up the Comics app.

OTOH, if there's ever a program where I can get discounts on digital versions of books I've bought on Amazon, I'll be rolling in hundreds of digital trades.

If anything I'm optimistic the apps will improve. Organization isn't comixology's strong suit, I'd love to see Amazon step in there.

Unai

Oh boy. I wasn't buying from comixology because I was scared as fuck my books were going to be blown to kingdom come in the future.

Now I have to rethink everything. EVERYTHING.

Looking at these stories, I realized I own roughly 5% of all of the comics Comixology currently offers o_O

Well, unless "upwards of 50,000" is just an arbitrary figure, I guess

while i would probably totally make use of that, i don't want creators getting paid Spotify-level dollars

Yeah, I think this would be a big blow to the comics industry. If they do a sub model, they need to copy Marvel and have a 6-month wait for new titles. Or maybe just don't freakin do it

Vibranium

Banned
I'm cool with Amazon buying Comixology, I hope they leave the general features alone, improving stuff like organization is fine by me though! Maybe they'll add a "back to beginning" button at the end of a book so I don't have to manually select the first page after reaching the end hehe (my laziness knows no bounds).

I think I'm good with the buyout. Maybe it finally brings dark horse into the fold. And amazon bought the truly superior digital comic reader software. Nobody else is close.

Maybe we get discounts faster or less than cover price if a prime member. Maybe free comics for prime

Unai

Yeah, I think this would be a big blow to the comics industry. If they do a sub model, they need to copy Marvel and have a 6-month wait for new titles. Or maybe just don't freakin do it

I would be ok whith this.

Does amazon give kindle codes in their books? Or all of this is just wishful thinking?

I'm cool with Amazon buying Comixology, I hope they leave the general features alone, improving stuff like organization is fine by me though! Maybe they'll add a "back to beginning" button at the end of a book so I don't have to manually select the first page after reaching the end hehe (my laziness knows no bounds).

It'd be nice if they made it so trades were just bundles of individual comics (outside of ones that have special features of course). On my Invincible digital omnibuses I have to scroll through hundreds of pages looking for the right cover, it's terrible.

Plus, they need discounted digital subscriptions. I subscribe directly through Marvel for a lot of their books that have free digital codes for like $27 for 12 issues. The pain is waiting for the damn things to arrive, it can take weeks after the release date ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ all the time.

Ripped through Magneto #1 and #2 tonight. I'm not sure what I expected but I really liked what I saw. It reminded me a lot of the passionate, driven Magneto in X-Men First Class.

bfwings55

Dude, I'm just a low level guy.

Wish I could share more with you guys but NDA and all that stupid crap BUT I will say I really wouldn't be worried.

Hey, do you guys have any need to hire a videographer or video editor?

I wanna work for you guys but those are my only skills lol

Batman's 75 Greatest Friends and Foes

Voting, that is. I had to think about the top 10 votes for a minute

TEN GREATEST BATMAN VILLAINS
1. The Joker
2. Two-Face
3. Harley Quinn
4. Ra’s Al Ghul
5. Dr. Hurt
6. Pyg
7. El Sombrero
8. Bane
9. Deadshot
10. Mutant Gang Leader (TDKR)

TEN GREATEST BATMAN ALLIES
1. Jim Gordon
2. Alfred Pennyworth
3. Damian Wayne
4. Dick Grasyon
5. Knight
6. Squire
7. Harvey Bullock
8. Superman
9. Barbara Gordon
10. Selena Kyle

-Bane is here mostly because of Secret Six
-Deadshot for Secret Six and Suicide Squad
-I felt compelled to vote for El Sombrero and hope he makes the top 75 somewhere
-I should have voted for "the bat that flies through the mothafuckin' window" as one of the allies, he taught Bruce everything he knew

tim1138

1. The Joker
2. Two-Face
3. Harley Quinn
4. Ra’s Al Ghul
5. Dr. Hurt
6. Pyg
7. El Sombrero
8. Bane
9. Deadshot

1. Jim Gordon
2. Alfred Pennyworth
3. Damian Wayne
4. Dick Grasyon
5. Knight
6. Squire
7. Harvey Bullock
8. Superman
9. Barbara Gordon
10. Selena Kyle

-I felt compelled to vote for El Sombrero and hope he makes the top 75 somewhere
-I should have voted for "the bat that flies through the mothafuckin' window" as one of the allies, he taught Bruce everything he knew

Kudos for not only including Pyg but Knight and Squire.

Unai

I bought $305.00 worth of trade paperbacks from InStockTrades on monday. It is an internation deal, so get to put a lot of things in that shipment. Mostly DC stuff that I haven't read yet, like "I, Vampire" and "Demon Knights", but also two of the Hellblazer books, Thor The God of Thunder. 27 books in total. I'll have lots of things to read for a while when it arrives.

1. The Joker
2. Two-Face
3. Harley Quinn
4. Ra’s Al Ghul
5. Dr. Hurt
6. Pyg
7. El Sombrero
8. Bane
9. Deadshot

1. Jim Gordon
2. Alfred Pennyworth
3. Damian Wayne
4. Dick Grasyon
5. Knight
6. Squire
7. Harvey Bullock
8. Superman
9. Barbara Gordon
10. Selena Kyle

Good list. Needs more Tim. Also, Pyg is the weirdest villain. He sickens me.

Good list. Needs more Tim. Also, Pyg is the weirdest villain. He sickens me.

Yeah, that's why I like about Pyg. Joker traps you in the alley, you're scared cuz he's so unpredictable. With Pyg, you'd just be utterly disgusted. A walking perversion of life that's a great foil for the clean-cut Dick Grayson Batman. And he's not afraid to drop it like it's hot

professor-pyg-drops-it-like-its-hot-batman-robin-3b1.jpeg

PsychBat!

Banned
Yeah, that's why I like about Pyg. Joker traps you in the alley, you're scared cuz he's so unpredictable. With Pyg, you'd just be utterly disgusted. A walking perversion of life that's a great foil for the clean-cut Dick Grayson Batman. And he's not afraid to drop it like it's hot

professor-pyg-drops-it-like-its-hot-batman-robin-3b1.jpeg

I think the funny thing is when I was reading Morrison's Batman run (Dick as Batman and Bruce coming back as Batman later on) is that I could have sworn that I saw Pyg being terrified (or acted in disgust) at the thought that the Joker was around ruining his plans. If Pyg is an utterly disgusting freak then I guess the Joker is much more. Oh man, I love reading some crazy Batman stuff.

I'm still slowly making my way through Grant Morrison's Batman run. I'm just finished vol 2 of Batman and Robin. My opinion of the work so far is it is very dynamic. Very high highs and low lows. I'll be reading some pages and it will seem the words go in one ear and out the other. Then I have to go back and reread what I already just read. Other times, I'm reading it and it is so engrossing, I know I'm reading some of the best Batman written. I can't pinpoint why that is either.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm still slowly making my way through Grant Morrison's Batman run. I'm just finished vol 2 of Batman and Robin. My opinion of the work so far is it is very dynamic. Very high highs and low lows. I'll be reading some pages and it will seem the words go in one ear and out the other. Then I have to go back and reread what I already just read. Other times, I'm reading it and it is so engrossing, I know I'm reading some of the best Batman written. I can't pinpoint why that is either.

What would you say the lows are? Outside of that one Ryan Benjamin issue of Batman I'm having a hard time thinking of lows in that book. I guess that Jason arc is a bit odd in B&R.

It's definitely a run that benefits from a re-read with hindsight as well, knowing more about the Black Glove/Hurt gives it some layers early on and makes some of the oblique asides a bit less so.

If anything I'm optimistic the apps will improve. Organization isn't comixology's strong suit, I'd love to see Amazon step in there.
Yeah, I expect good stuff on the library management side (which is pretty bare currently), I was just wary on the reader side of things, which is pretty top notch currently. Even though I seldom use guided view.

dan2026

Dont they sort of imply that not only does Pyg drug you and melt your face with those masks, but you get castrated as well?

Its a bit grim.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, Batman Eternal was the most boring book to feature killer pig-robots. Jedeye was spot-on, that art is entirely soulless. I'mma stick with it for another week, but this was overhyped pretty badly. It probably doesn't help that I read it right after Doop, which was just charming and funny and great.

What would you say the lows are? Outside of that one Ryan Benjamin issue of Batman I'm having a hard time thinking of lows in that book. I guess that Jason arc is a bit odd in B&R.

It's definitely a run that benefits from a re-read with hindsight as well, knowing more about the Black Glove/Hurt gives it some layers early on and makes some of the oblique asides a bit less so.

See, that's the thing. I know I read some stuff and looked at the art but I don't remember it. It is like there is unimportant stuff in the story that don't stick. Maybe it is important, and it's not sticking. It's hard to explain but I feel like I am missing things when I read it and it's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom