• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Science is really damn spectacular as a series so far. It's Remender's best comic currently.

I disagree but it comes down to taste. I like Deadly Class just a tad more.

Moon Knight #2 was dope! Those first 8 pages or so were awesome. Declan Shalvey was the star this time.

Owzers

Initial reaction to Green Arrow #19: Where did all those arrows go, and how do you pull an arrow out of your leg upwards? No one ever does that...ever. Aren't you supposed to snap it in half or pull it down through? Maybe i'm wrong, but a book about arrows shouldn't fail when it comes to arrows.
Ollie was shot with about 4 arrows by Komodo, then in the next panel, after one roll, all the arrows in him disappeared. The only arrow that remained was the one in his leg from Komodo's daughter. And he pulled that one out updwards, probably the worst way possible.

Sadist

Ha, thanks for the laugh guys :p

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #200

*feels*

Man, this series just doesn't disappoint. I know Bendis doesn't have a spotless record, but for as long as I have been reading UCSM it's just so good. I love the part where Ganke shows his gift to Gwen and... well that happens. Best thing about how Peter would have turned out is Kitty's fantasy about him. "I don't think about that stuff". Hehe. Lovely stuff. Ending was "OH MY GOD IS THAT PETER IN THE BUSHES" but it won't be him. Maybe a clone. Someone who looks like him. Or MJ's new boyfriend kinda hoping on a threesome when he sees Gwen and MJ hug.

Or it's Peter. Plottwist!

Loxley

So, there's a chance I'll get to meet Brian Michael Bendis tomorrow. He's giving a lecture at my school, and in a world of wild coincidences the head of my department is dating Bendis' brother Jared - so she knows him very well. She told me to bring my senior thesis project (which was a comic book aimed at educating children about Type 1 diabetes) so he can take a look at it.

To say I'm nervous about this is a bit of an understatement.

Toa TAK

Banned
So, there's a chance I'll get to meet Brian Michael Bendis tomorrow. He's giving a lecture at my school, and in a world of wild coincidences the head of my department is dating Bendis' brother Jared - so she knows him very well. She told me to bring my senior thesis project (which was a comic book aimed at educating children about Type 1 diabetes) so he can take a look at it.

Get a picture with him so I can vicariously live through you.

Be all "Um, see, I -- well the thing is -- it's always like this. I --"
And he'll be all "SLOW DOWN, KID, I GOTTA GET ALL THIS DOWN! IT'S GOLD I TELL YA! GOLD!!!!"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ha, thanks for the laugh guys :p

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #200

*feels*

Man, this series just doesn't disappoint. I know Bendis doesn't have a spotless record, but for as long as I have been reading UCSM it's just so good. I love the part where Ganke shows his gift to Gwen and... well that happens. Best thing about how Peter would have turned out is Kitty's fantasy about him. "I don't think about that stuff". Hehe. Lovely stuff. Ending was "OH MY GOD IS THAT PETER IN THE BUSHES" but it won't be him. Maybe a clone. Someone who looks like him. Or MJ's new boyfriend kinda hoping on a threesome when he sees Gwen and MJ hug.

Or it's Peter. Plottwist!

Would be pretty disappointing if its the last.

Not that I wouldnt like it, but, I dunno...

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I disagree but it comes down to taste. I like Deadly Class just a tad more.

Moon Knight #2 was dope! Those first 8 pages or so were awesome. Declan Shalvey was the star this time.

As I'm pretty close to finishing Planetary, I'm ready for some more Moon Knight and mentions of femtotechnology and electronic soul residue.

tm24

Goddamn Loki: Agent of Asgard is fucking terrific. Shit builds on stuff from JiM. I love this book so much.

USM 200 is my book of the week hands down. Spoilers

Are all the clones from Ultimate Clone Saga accounted for? Or even The Spider from Ultimate Comics Avengers?

Marvel seems serious about Original Sin. Who wants eyeballs!?

STK640054-350x350.jpg
STK640054-1-350x350.jpg

I love all of Remender's ongoings, but Deadly Class just appeals to me in an entirely different level.

Deadly Class > Uncanny Avengers = Black Science > Captain America

fauxtrot

Banned
Anyone have any recommendations on comic-centric websites for reviews/news/etc? I only ever really use this thread for that kind of stuff...

Deprive

What if Age of Ultron wasn't bad.

The ending was
nightmare fuel.
Wonder how many weeks it's gonna run for.

I like Black Science more than Deadly Class, but Deadly Class kind of disappointed me by going after a similar premise to Wanted, and it's not a premise I'm a big fan of.

I like Black Science more than Deadly Class, but Deadly Class kind of disappointed me by going after a similar premise to Wanted, and it's not a premise I'm a big fan of.

Don't get me wrong, I love Deadly Class, but I much prefer Remender's "Adults With Regrets" sad action over his "Kids With Impulses They'll Regret" sad action.

I'm in for Inhuman. The world and concept intrigue me and Soule on writing is a plus. The first issue contains a lot of mystery and the reader is just forced to accept this is the ride they are on, accept things as they come. Also, this has to tie into Ms. Marvel at some point.

My Marvel pull is now:

Amazing Spider-Man
Moon Knight
Fantastic 4
Daredevil
Secret Avengers
Ms. Marvel
Captain Marvel
All New Invaders
Inhuman

To make those adds I had to drop or things that are ending:

Justice League Dark
Justice League 3000
Pandora
Constantine
Phantom Stranger
Velvet
Morning Glories

Also
The Wake
Forever Evil
Veil
Superman Unchained end soon.

I'm not a blind DC fanboy anymore. I just like good comics.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm not a blind DC fanboy anymore. I just like good comics.

I like reading about your evolution. It's always great to diversify your tastes as opposed to being stubbornly stuck on one particular comic publisher.

Loved the journey into mystery vibe from Loki this week, although I didn't like the lack of young Loki in it. I love when 2.99 books are good.

I don't think I could choose between Deadly Class and Black Science, honestly. They're both such terrific books, and quite different. Remender has a rare gift for making each of his books feel one of a kind.

Black Science got dropped 2 1/2 issues in. Aint about that life.

You know what book is REALLY good though, monica? Alan Moore/Totleben/Bissette Swamp Thing, b. The first half dozen issues are some of the absolute best American comics ever published. Period.

Owzers

Marvel's best events are the ones that aren't events, where they have that "event" scale but aren't minis written by 4 people to only serve as a continuity transition. Hickman's FF, Uncanny X-Force, and Aaron's God Bomb arc come to mind.

Forever Evil is awful, i have no hope for Original Sin.

Kysel

I dont want to self-promote on here, but I thought I may be able to help someone out.

The chances of me using digital comics are slim, but I am happy to let all my digital codes go for a really low price.

Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1 - 13 (11 includes volume 1 code too)
Iron Man 1-23 (23 includes vol 1 code)
Superior Spidey 1-23 (more to come, need to pick them up from shop)
Thanos Rising 1-5.

Literally looking for less than 50-79p per code (bit more for the multiple collections)

Let me know if you would like anything and we can sort it via Paypal, I have a 99.2% eBay account with over 250 feedback that can be used to verify etc :)

Vyer

They are both good, but I find Black Science much more interesting than Deadly Class so far. Class is a little overrated here on GAF IMO.

Gonna beat Rafa to comics superstardom

I. I just like good comics.

Good, that's all that should matter. Fanboyism is dumb.

ElNarez

Banned
Dang, Inhuman really feels like a comic made by committee. A comic this important shouldn't feel this fucking dull. I mean shit, even the art was boring. We'll probably never get any idea of who to pin the blame on, but boy oh boy what an awkward mess.

Dang, Inhuman really feels like a comic made by committee. A comic this important shouldn't feel this fucking dull. I mean shit, even the art was boring. We'll probably never get any idea of who to pin the blame on, but boy oh boy what an awkward mess.

Rafa was right

Owzers

i pre-ordered it in hope, but that's what i kinda thought would happen. I'm in for two issues though so at least i'll give it a chance.

I thought it was cool. I think reading Ms. Marvel made me appreciate it more. Kinda gave an origin to her story so far. Was it awkward like you said? Yes. But like I said, kinda like getting on a ride at a theme park and waiting for it to start, you don't know what to expect. It's a ride that hasn't even begun yet, could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom