• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2015. Let's save the world, you and me, together. Ready?

Forgot I ordered Bishoujo Black Canary.

Actually, I'm not sure I did order Bishoujo Black Canary. I'll have to check my file, but I know I haven't bought one recently.

tim1138

Hey, you never know! I think even if the run fizzles out in sales they will bring him into the fold of another series. Probably Grayson.

Plus they'd be fools not to introduce Midnighter to TV or movie audiences. Plus Steve Orlando is just a really great dude.

I would love to see Midnighter in the CWverse, he'd be such a great fit there.
I know that sales wouldn't support it, but it'd be cool to see Orlando get to carve out a little Wildstorm niche in the DCU, he could do amazing things with the Authority.

Owzers

I barely remembered what happened in Zero vol 1 but i want to start vol 2 to remember what reading trades is like. I browse through the end of the last issue of vol 1. yeah i remember weirdness. Also, reading trades is iffy i don't like that the pages are at an angle and every three pages i try to make it flat but it won't take.

Vyer

The mass-market ones have moved to simpler transformations, because they were simply too hard for kids (and they drove the parents absolutely nuts). That's mostly the Robots in Disguise and movie-based lines though (Age of Extinction's toys were so dissapointing, some of the ROTF and DOTM ones were works of engineering brilliance), the IDW-based ones are fairly tricky sometimes, though they're easier than they were. The Combiner Wars combiners themselves are pretty simple.

The fan-made ones are basically very pretty rubix cubes. Complex, awesome, and very pricey.

As someone who hadn't bought TF figures in a long time, I have to say I was pretty impressed with the Combiner Wars ones though. Very nice articulation.

and I'm a sucker for combiners, since I never really had them as a kid

Right?! Archie is stunning. Check out the new Patsy Walker book from Marvel too if you're into reinventions of serial characters. First issue was solid.

And thanks! It's always hard fighting personal convictions, my favorite characters, etc. But I think it worked out.

Shameless plug: follow me on Twitter if you guys enjoy my muttering about comics. https://twitter.com/NMFreed
Just gave you a follow. I talk about what I'm reading on Twitter every now and then. I'm @tyrantraveomega

shingi70

Banned
The leak is probably.fake but that sounds really complicated. Not explaining where all these superhero folk have come in the last two years would be dumb.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Show Carl stinks

Yeah the kid playing him is a total lightweight and his scenes range from laughably sad (that push fight with Ron) to utterly cringe-worthy (him trying to act tough during Rick's gun lesson) but I guess that's the chance you take with casting children. You never know what you are going to get as they age.

Also I watched The Mist the other day and half the cast of Season 1 of Walking Dead are in it!

You might already know this but The Mist was directed by TWD's original show-runner Frank Darabont.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh shit, Laura is tangling with mah boy
Taskmaster
in All New Wolvie? :eek:

Well it took long enough to whittle down, but my top 10 comics of 2015 list ran today in The Dallas Morning News. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.guidelive.com/comic-books/2015/12/30/top-10-comics-2015-year-newcomers-indies-took-reins

Not a bad list at all with exception of Huck and maybe Clean Room. Neither of which I've read but I always feel like there is some recency bias for series that debuted in the last quarter of the year. I kind of just think back to last year's lists which often featured Bitch Planet, which as good as it may be, had all of one issue out.

Darth Vader gets a lot of love for a book drawn by Salvador Larroca.

Right?! Archie is stunning. Check out the new Patsy Walker book from Marvel too if you're into reinventions of serial characters. First issue was solid.

And thanks! It's always hard fighting personal convictions, my favorite characters, etc. But I think it worked out.

Shameless plug: follow me on Twitter if you guys enjoy my muttering about comics. https://twitter.com/NMFreed
Twitter follow'd I'm @EdgarUVM

I mostly post art and comics, and talk mad shit about anime to Tyrant Rave

DC is the Jeb Bush of comics, so low energy.
I like how DC has a new writers program, but not me. #makedccomicsgreatagain We lose to Image. We lose to IDW. We lose to Aspen Comics. Not to mention the Marvel to Disney deal, which is the worst deal in the history of deals. Believe me, if I was doing that deal we would've gotten R.O.M The Spaceknight. Believe me.

Yeah the kid playing him is a total lightweight and his scenes range from laughably sad (that push fight with Ron) to utterly cringe-worthy (him trying to act tough during Rick's gun lesson) but I guess that's the chance you take with casting children. You never know what you are going to get as they age.

You might already know this but The Mist was directed by TWD's original show-runner Frank Darabont.

Ah, well that makes sense!

As for TV Carl, I wasn't bothered about him one way or another until I saw what the comics were offering. Now I feel like they've missed out on some really crazy TV moments. It was interesting reading the letter section after #100ish
for the reason they killed off Glenn. Kirkman thought that TV Glenn was way more interesting than comic Glenn, so thought it was time to end Glenn's run and write some good bits for TV. In hindsight I find this odd as TV Glenn sort of fizzles out really quick, and doesn't become anything more than a pack rat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the cover of Squadron Supreme #2 is creeping me out

tim1138

So I just finished Wonder Woman Earth One, and while I cannot share specific details until publication date, that Goodreads review (that has since been taken down for violating the terms of service) that Spike/Bleeding Cool linked to was extremely cherry picked and not representative of the book as a whole.

Owzers

So I just finished Wonder Woman Earth One, and while I cannot share specific details until publication date, that Goodreads review (that has since been taken down for violating the terms of service) that Spike/Bleeding Cool linked to was extremely cherry picked and not representative of the book as a whole.

How lewd? On a scale between kinda lewd and Sunstone, the lewdest of the lewd.

How did you get a copy? I must know.

I've been reading Zero and man I gotta say...I really admire Ales Kot's writing.

I heard about this super limited series, Material, from Image and it sounds really out there. Has anybody read it? Worth a look? I'm more than likely picking it up anyways but it would be good to know how it is.

Also I've heard great reviews about Tom King's Omega Men, I've only read Grayson which I'm not really sure how much involvement he has in it but I think I'll wait for the whole Omega Men run to finish and just buy it in a collection.

WAIT WAIT WAIT. How is it a thing that you have?

Vyer

Not surprising.

Also, sometimes being a librarian sounds awesome.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've never read Sunstone but all sex is implied.

Perks of being a librarian. When I remember, I get access to advance review copies of all kinds of stuff. Next on my list is Paul Dini's Dark Knight: A True Batman Story
Please tell us if Batman really appears in this or how he is a thing in this

ElNarez

Banned
I've been reading Zero and man I gotta say...I really admire Ales Kot's writing.

I heard about this super limited series, Material, from Image and it sounds really out there. Has anybody read it? Worth a look? I'm more than likely picking it up anyways but it would be good to know how it is.

Also I've heard great reviews about Tom King's Omega Men, I've only read Grayson which I'm not really sure how much involvement he has in it but I think I'll wait for the whole Omega Men run to finish and just buy it in a collection.

Material is literally my comic of 2015. It's not an action book, like Zero is, but it shares that sense of urgency, and a need to speak out about some pretty important things. I said it before and I'll say it again. It's a very personal story, but it touches on a bigger picture in a way very few comics have this year. It's important.

Rhaknar

No joke...

I don't even know what Valiant is :/

Rhaknar

Let us know how that turns out

Well that's because it's not on MU ;)

Valiant is solid cape comics.

Pft I know about DC and Image stuff and it's not on MU

Valiant is just THAT irrelevant

giphy.gif

Owzers

I begrudge books that want me to reread them, i feel like reading something again to get caught up to the next volume takes too much time away from reading new comics.

Top Bottom