• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Drayco21

I've never really liked Damian, except when he was the Robin to Dick's Batman. I think the two of them compliment each other really well.

tim1138

One of the best parts of post Death of the Family Batman & Robin is that it basically exists in its own little pocket universe and Tomasi gets to tell his own story without having to worry about what's going on in the rest of the line.

Sou Da

I hated how Bruce treated Tim when Damian became Robin. Speaks shit how Tim will be from now on like his own child as Tims father died and dumped him as soon as Damian appeared. Fucking Bruce, I never hated him so much as in this Issue.

People get annoyed at me irl for saying this but I blame a lot of this on Identity Crisis. They destroyed what made Tim a more unique Robin by killing his last remaining blood-parent and then they made the boneheaded decision to carry this over to the New 52.

Messi

4074612-8877867296-damia.jpg

The Adder

Banned
More or less

Dick- Acrobatics

Tim- Detective work

Cass- Martial Skills

Babs- Technology

Steph- Stealth

Supposedly Jason is the strongest and Damian is a jack of all trades like his dad but I never really bought that.

We need a TMNT-esque book with the main four Robins ASAP.

Dick's got leadership as well. Tim to a lesser extent, but still better than bruce.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When I was reading X-factor earlier I wondered why Monet was never pushed as a A-lister on any Marvel team. She can fly, has super strenght AND mental powers, talk about OP.

Messi

Not before he died and no way in hell right now.

Well of course she is not able to defeat a super human. But I feel like it has been established that she is no slouch in combat. She has a fight with Joker in those fantastic trend setting award winning Suicide Squad DotF issues and she defends herself reasonably well.

That fight with the electrified floor was rank. Not looking forward to that in my pre-Knight replay of Asylum and City.

Replaying them right now myself and yeah...that part is crap. But the cutscene is great.

PsychBat!

Banned
When I was reading X-factor earlier I wondered why Monet was never pushed as a A-lister on any Marvel team. She can fly, has super strenght AND mental powers, talk about OP.
Hm? Two of those powers aren't really that impressive when you have Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Hulk and Captain Universe on the Avengers roster. But I do think think that Avengers is sorely missing a telepath and telekinetics person.

The Adder

Banned
Hm? Two of those powers aren't really that impressive when you have Thor, Hyperion, Starbrand, Hulk and Captain Universe on the Avengers roster. But I do think think that Avengers is sorely missing a telepath and telekinetics person.

Currently? Because I don't know the current roster. But if you mean in general:

Heather "My second favorite Marvel character" Douglas. A.k.a Moondragon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I mean X-Men team really. Also I dont know who 3 of those heroes you mentioned are >_>

Messi

Whats the point of making Harley or Joker a good fighter?

So they can have more than one way to attack? Plus they don't usually use those angles. Harley is usually just blowing shit up.

Who was responsible for making Harley blow up all those kids videogame systems killing them all while she was depressed after Joker "died". It was so bad that jimmy and Amanda conner were allowed to ignore it and rewrite her origin lol. When jimmy was asked about it he said he wanted to fix that specifically.

tim1138

Well of course she is not able to defeat a super human. But I feel like it has been established that she is no slouch in combat. She has a fight with Joker in those fantastic trend setting award winning Suicide Squad DotF issues and she defends herself reasonably well.

Damian was trained by the League of Assassins, Harley wouldn't stand a chance.

Drayco21

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always had the perception that Harley was basically useless in a fight, and had to rely entirely on explosives and guns because she'd lose a skill-based fight immediately ala Arkham Asylum.

Rhaknar

guys, Hickman's F4 isnt doing much for me :(

I liked the first arc with Reed teaming up with infinite Reeds and being a arrogant prick, but I couldnt care less about this high evolutionary city arc :/

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The potato-faced wonder.
I like Quitely's art but boy is he potatofacing it hard here.

This is my new favorite post. I think if you told Burnham some dude mistook his Bats art for Quitely, he'd be super happy. Or confused. Or horny.

Messi

This is my new favorite post. I think if you told Burnham some dude mistook his Bats art for Quitely, he'd be super happy. Or confused. Or horny.

I did the exact same thing with that picture a few months ago. You guys gave me such shit for getting it wrong lol.

SoilBreak

Banned
I'm thinking of picking up some Black Panther trades. Any recommendations?

Black Panther Vol. 1: The Client
Black Panther Vol. 2: Enemy of the State
Black Panther: Secret Invasion
Black Panther: Tha Man Without Fear
Fear Itself: Black Panther: The Man Without Fear
Black Panther: The Deadliest Man Alive

guys, Hickman's F4 isnt doing much for me :(

I liked the first arc with Reed teaming up with infinite Reeds and being a arrogant prick, but I couldnt care less about this high evolutionary city arc :/

There are parts that seem pointless or dull, but Hickman plays the long game.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I did the exact same thing with that picture a few months ago. You guys gave me such shit for getting it wrong lol.

If it makes you feel better, I was going to give this guy the same amount of shit, but I'd already done it before and couldn't be bothered to do it again.

...And it's not even like those faces are potatoey. Damien's face is round (and not wrinkly, as potato faces are, I might add) because he's a young kid and young kids don't have long, fully-developed faces. And Dick's face, well, I cannot see any way that could be perceived as potatoey.

Okay, I'm done now.

Chris Burnham is my homeboy.
picture-of-chris-and-me.jpg

Boogiepop

Freaking lazy delivery people. My Hickman FF Omnibus is in the mail from Amazon, and I just got a message saying that USPS said "Delivery Attempted." This is of course blatantly untrue, because I was in my house all day, and in fact there were multiple people there at the time listed, as well as two dogs who would've gone nuts if anyone even got near the door. Hate this crap that is, best as I can figure, a lazy delivery person being like "oh yeah, right, totally attempted that delivery" because they couldn't be bothered to do their job. Bleh.

The email mentioned USPS's redelivery setup thing, but that seemed to end with a prompt to schedule a redelivery which couldn't be tomorrow, so I figure it's probably best to let it be for a day and hope they actually deliver it tomorrow or something.

Zombine

Banned
Freaking lazy delivery people. My Hickman FF Omnibus is in the mail from Amazon, and I just got a message saying that USPS said "Delivery Attempted." This is of course blatantly untrue, because I was in my house all day, and in fact there were multiple people there at the time listed, as well as two dogs who would've gone nuts if anyone even got near the door. Hate this crap that is, best as I can figure, a lazy delivery person being like "oh yeah, right, totally attempted that delivery" because they couldn't be bothered to do their job. Bleh.

The email mentioned USPS's redelivery setup thing, but that seemed to end with a prompt to schedule a redelivery which couldn't be tomorrow, so I figure it's probably best to let it be for a day and hope they actually deliver it tomorrow or something.

That used to happen until I built a relationship with my UPS delivery team. Now they just do what I say and Im pretty sure they signed me up for My Choice lol.

Top Bottom