• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

PsychBat!

Banned
Was it Tyrant Rave who disagreed with me on calling Axis horrendous or was it someone else? Cuz i dunno, the art got worse as it went on.

You haven't done me wrong yet so I'll trust this...

...or this is the point where I turn on the thread. This might be my super villain origin

tumblr_n6kp7mKnr41saykaxo1_400.gif

SOON

Sou Da

I can't. He's horrible. One of the first things I did here was shit on him because he thinks he's good enough to charge for his autograph.

Sometimes I wish there wish the was a +respect function on GAF. Speaking of Ramos, what boat did Alpha get shipped off on? I haven't heard about him in forever.

Zombine

Banned
It looks awful though :( I'm trying to stick with it because I want to support the incoming creative change.

Yeeeep! I was a victim of this :(

That's what set me off. It confused the shit out of your Fiancé right? Or something? What a lame situation all around.

I don't know if it's half as bad as my Blacksad situation though :/

tim1138

Tony Moore charges to sign at his own freaking convention. Dude is responsible for the Cincy Comic Con and was charging $5 or $10 to sign stuff. To the surprise of no one there was no line when he was at his table.

Zombine

Banned
I like Ramos's art usually. But fuck that dude charging for autographs.

Freaking Quinones signed like 6 things for me and charged nothing.

Tony Moore charges to sign at his own freaking convention. Dude is responsible for the Cincy Comic Con and was charging $5 or $10 to sign stuff. To the surprise of no one there was no line when he was at his table.

At least he's a good artist though.

Messi

I read that a Terry Moore and I was super bummed out. Glad I misread.

Freaking Quinones signed like 6 things for me and charged nothing.

Quinones two issues of eternal recently were booooooootieful. <3 Quinones. Super nice dude on twitter too.

Bii

Not cool. I would never pay for a signature (or photo). It'd be different if someone was selling prints/pictures and then offered to sign them but not straight up charging for a sig.

With Marvel Unlimited, I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 (1999-2013). I read up to #20, but I'm not feeling it. Any suggestions on recommended issues/arcs? I want to read this before I get into Spiderverse. I already read all of Superior, and the first couple issues of the latest Amazing and Edge of Spiderverse.

Zombine

Banned
Do we know when that summer artist thing is at Javits center? I'm on work probation until July 19th, meaning it has to happen after that or on the weekend or I'm screwed.

Quinones two issues of eternal recently were booooooootieful. <3 Quinones. Super nice dude on twitter too.

I hope if you're able to go to NYCC that he is there. He's very calm and friendly.

SoilBreak

Banned
With Marvel Unlimited, I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2. I read up to #20, but I'm not feeling it. Any suggestions on recommended issues/arcs? I want to read this before I get into Spiderverse. I already read all of Superior, and the first couple issues of the latest Amazing and Edge of Spiderverse.

Wait are you reading Howard Mackie's run cause Vol.2 doesn't get good until Michael Straczynskisi & Romita JR joins (#30).

With Marvel Unlimited, I started reading The Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 (1999-2013). I read up to #20, but I'm not feeling it. Any suggestions on recommended issues/arcs? I want to read this before I get into Spiderverse. I already read all of Superior, and the first couple issues of the latest Amazing and Edge of Spiderverse.
Go to ASM #30.

tim1138

Not cool. I would never pay for a signature (or photo). It'd be different if someone was selling prints/pictures and then offered to sign them but not straight up charging for a sig.

Nope, I will never pay for a signature, effective that noise. To stay with the same example, there was no way I was gonna pay Moore to sign something when Ryan Browne not only signed everything I had of his, but also sketched in it for free.

Messi

Do we know when that summer artist thing is at Javits center? I'm on work probation until July 19th, meaning it has to happen after that or on the weekend or I'm screwed.

I hope if you're able to go to NYCC that he is there. He's very calm and friendly.

I would find him ASAP. I really want a commission from him.

arkon

I don't begrudge artists doing whatever to make a little extra dough. Especially since they aren't able to juggle multiple monthly ongoings at the same time the way writers can.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ramos as in Humberto Ramos? I like his art, I like my comics anime-y/cartoon-y :(

Zombine

Banned
I would find him ASAP. I really want a commission from him.

That's my goal this year. He gave me the rundown and let me know how his system works. He actually throws his reserve list up a week prior to the con. When we chatted for a bit he showed me his Black Cat he was working on and it was gorgeous. Hes incredibly meticulous and every line was perfect. He draws super slow but his lines are insane.

Can't believe how quiet his table was.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
$10 and I will tell you if you are right.

Why would I pay you to tell me something I already know, that I'm right

Like Cyclops, the only opinion that matters is mine, even tho I use cosmic possession as an excuse later >_>

Messi

Why would I pay you to tell me something I already know, that I'm right

Like Cyclops, the only opinion that matters is mine, even tho I use cosmic possession as an excuse later >_>

Because I am THE Messi of Neogaf. You should want to pay me for my knowledge.

Rhaknar

Reading an oooooooooooold Deadpool mini (1994), when I notice ComicGaf's own sweetheart Mark Waid is the writer :)

Because I am THE Messi of Neogaf. You should want to pay me for my knowledge.

You would need to instill fear in the hearts of men to extort money, all you instill with that avatar is my daaaaaawww reflex

I goddamn love that art

Well fuck it, jump into the deep end or go home. Ordered Doom Patrol and Invisible Omnis, along with Revival deluxe 2 and the Star Wars omni #1. Might as well spend all my money at once.

Top Bottom