• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I know much of Gaf I think loves Morrison but what is the opinion of Doom Patrol/Invisibles, more specifically the omnibuses of such series?

Doom Patrol is amazing. Several of us got the omnibus around the time it came out and we all loved it. One of the best runs I've ever read.

Haven't read Invisibles yet.

I know much of Gaf I think loves Morrison but what is the opinion of Doom Patrol/Invisibles, more specifically the omnibuses of such series?

Both good buys, but Invisibles is definitely one of his weird books. If you don't like crazy, LSD Grant Morrison, then that one isn't for you.

Doom Patrol is amazing. Several of us got the omnibus around the time it came out and we all loved it. One of the best runs I've ever read.

Haven't read Invisibles yet.

Both good buys, but Invisibles is definitely one of his weird books. If you don't like crazy, LSD Grant Morrison, then that one isn't for you.

I honestly don't think I've read much if any Morrison at all to be honest. Preemptive edit, ok I read the 52 omnibus but that wasn't only him. So I guess I have no idea if I like LSD Morrison or not. Maybe I'll give them an order.

Worst case scenario I don't like them that much and resell them at some point in the future, although I like hoarding...so more likely they'd just sit on my shelf staring at me.

Burning building. You can only grab one book. What do you grab?

I think I would take Strangers in paradise. If that was too heavy then I'd take Mad Love.

My signed limited edition "How to Draw a Beautiful Woman" by Greg Land sketch pamphlet. It is THE most precious item in my entire collection.

I honestly don't think I've read much if any Morrison at all to be honest. Preemptive edit, ok I read the 52 omnibus but that wasn't only him. So I guess I have no idea if I like LSD Morrison or not. Maybe I'll give them an order.

Worst case scenario I don't like them that much and resell them at some point in the future, although I like hoarding...so more likely they'd just sit on my shelf staring at me.

If you're new to Morrison, you might want to go the cheaper route and try some of his other well-regarded works first. I suggest We3 and Flex Mentallo.

Zombine

Banned
Burning building scenario? Fuck it all I'd rather collect the insurance money.

Flex Mentallo isn't worth shit Recolored. Might as well not exist at all.

So all the people on Star Wars, for those of you who didn't, how come you didn't read the Dark Horse stuff? I find it funny to hear all this praise for the Marvel Star Wars, when Dark Horse has a huge wealth of amazing stuff that really enriched the Expanded Universe.

When I was getting floppies I was into Legacy and Dark Times, that era of stuff. But once I went digital the SW store was closed. Only essential DH for me.

That said, maybe one story every six years had the caliber of creator Marvel has put on Star Wars. I'm thinking Vader Quest and Hardman and Bechco's Legacy. Cam Kennedy. But we disrespect JC's memory by considering most average SW books all that readable.

Neoxon

Okay so I'm gonna go get some Chris Claremont X-Men & Fantastic Four comics for my little cousin. Any other recommendations for her? For reference, I usually read GotG 2008, Nova 2007, Ms. Marvel (Kamala), & Captain Marvel with her.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I'm gonna go get some Chris Claremont X-Men & Fantastic Four comics for my little cousin. Any other recommendations for her? For reference, I usually read GotG 2008, Nova 2007, Ms. Marvel (Kamala), & Captain Marvel with her.

Ultimate Spider-Man.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Doom Patrol is absolutely incredible. It's definitely one of my top three favorite runs of all time, and possibly number one in that top three, but I haven't thought about that hard enough.
I can't see how anyone wouldn't enjoy it.

I really need to read The Invisibles sometime still. I know I'll love it, but I just need to get around to buying and reading it.

Dude, leave the ipad. Your shit is tied to your account. Worst case scenario is you get the new model from your insurance company.

You're all about that insurance payout.
If your house/apartment/whatever catches fire someday, I'll know it was you.

There's a lot of ways to make money in this world, but I can't recommend insurance fraud.

PsychBat!

Banned
640-5-ef83d.jpg
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zombine

Banned
I feel like something tragic is going to happen to Damian and he'll get too powerful and Superman will have to throw him into the sun or something.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I feel like something tragic is going to happen to Damian and he'll get too powerful and Superman will have to throw him into the sun or something.
This was my first thought back then when I first heard that he would return with powers.

Very curious about this stuff

Messi

How are Harley's fighting skills? I feel like she can hold her own in fights and she is quite acrobatic. Could she take Selina sans weapons?

tim1138

I imagine Damian's superpowers are just a temporary side effect that will burn out and come say, June, he will return to normal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You know I've always been of two minds about Damian personally. I've just always felt he robbed Tim Drake.
I hated how Bruce treated Tim when Damian became Robin. Speaks shit how Tim will be from now on like his own child as Tims father died and dumped him as soon as Damian appeared. Fucking Bruce, I never hated him so much as in this Issue.

Messi

Damien is the second best Robin after
Carrie Kelley
. But Robin is awesome. I love how much of a dickhead he is.

Top Bottom